[REMOVE ADS]

Is This A Good Use of Marvin Gaye's LET'S GET IT ON ?

I don't see anything wrong with it. They've aired this for years now. *shrug*

It's always great to hear a Motown artist featured in a television commercial. What could be wrong with that? Thanks for locating and putting this on the forum. Whenever I hear things like this I am not tech saavy enough to locate these to put on the forum

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,i love this commercial..the chocolate get with the peanut butter,they put some marvin on and-boom-reeses peanut butter cups..haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-brilliant!!

I think the real question should be is this a good use of Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On"!!?

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    It's always great to hear a Motown artist featured in a television commercial. What could be wrong with that? Thanks for locating and putting this on the forum. Whenever I hear things like this I am not tech saavy enough to locate these to put on the forum
    I think the problem is when the association becomes permanent in your mind

If every time you hear Let’s Get It On all you think about is Reese’s Peanut Butter Candy that’s a problem and would bother me

That said this commercial doesn’t have that effect on me, neither did the California raisins commercials

Others do, the ones that comes to mind are Sly Stone Everyday People makes me think of Toyota and Rock you Boat by Hues Corporation makes me think of Pepsi

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pM2OK_JaJ9I

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM9FQwWRzBQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQNI6yBPl0

PS how do you embed YouTube videos here? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I think the real question should be is this a good use of Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On"!!?

Yikes! When am I going to accept that nothing is sacred, and I do mean nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimal Saint View Post
    I think the problem is when the association becomes permanent in your mind

If every time you hear Let’s Get It On all you think about is Reese’s Peanut Butter Candy that’s a problem and would bother me

That said this commercial doesn’t have that effect on me, neither did the California raisins commercials

Others do, the ones that comes to mind are Sly Stone Everyday People makes me think of Toyota and Rock you Boat by Hues Corporation makes me think of Pepsi

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pM2OK_JaJ9I

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM9FQwWRzBQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQNI6yBPl0

PS how do you embed YouTube videos here? Thanks
    Good point. There's a drug being pushed with The J5's ABC . I don't want that association!

the video thing is EASY . when you are creating your reply, have one of those addresses ready by having it copied. then look at the top bar of symbols above the reply you are typing . at the far right there is a turquoise colored film strip. its to the left of the quote box . press it! up will pop a window to paste your address into it. do so and press OK . viola!!
    BTW, this is when using a computer. I am not able , don't know how , to embed using my phone.

oh gawd ! here's the ABC commercial. Proceed with caution!!

Last edited by Boogiedown; 03-04-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Rather ironic given the umbrage that family take$ with use of Marvin'$ mu$ic. It'$ all about the ca$h with tho$e Gaye$.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Rather ironic given the umbrage that family take$ with use of Marvin'$ mu$ic. It'$ all about the ca$h with tho$e Gaye$.
    Would you say the same for some members of Diana Ross' family if her music gets played in commercials? You seem to really have it in for the Gaye family.

Thanks!

just made my first video post

I'd say any use of a Motown song can only be positive to keep all age groups aware of the wealth of talent!

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    I'd say any use of a Motown song can only be positive to keep all age groups aware of the wealth of talent!
    That's how it was for me as a child.

Media is powerful if it can awake a young kid to someone's music. Someone young is probably hearing Marvin Gaye right now going "wow he was great". I know this.

here's another current one :

"Let's Get It On" is the ultimate sex song. It's always the one they use in TV shows and films to say "these characters are getting it on".

"Sexual Healing" is on similar level of sexiness.