[REMOVE ADS]

Angelo Bond - Reach For The Moon

Does anyone else remember this great song by Motown Staff songwriter Angelo Bond?

Great song. The "Bondage" album is an underrated classic. I tie him to Invictus/ Hot Wax more so than Motown even though he wrote some good stuff there too. Stellar works from Angelo and the great McKinley Jackson[[another Detroit legend).

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Great song. The "Bondage" album is an underrated classic. I tie him to Invictus/ Hot Wax more so than Motown even though he wrote some good stuff there too. Stellar works from Angelo and the great McKinley Jackson[[another Detroit legend).
    Exactly Quinn. I loved the "Bondage" album. It received attention in Detroit, Angelo is from Detroit. He is still writing most recently for Motor City Werks and the Holland Organization.

Thank you, Marv, for reriving this song.
    I've always liked this one a lot.

Best regards
    Heikki

You are most welcome Heikki. I loved it since I first heard it back in mid 70s. You don't get hear these gems very often now.

Hi Marv, This is the first time I've ever hear this track and loved it.
    Thanks for posting.
    All the best
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by McMotown View Post
    Hi Marv, This is the first time I've ever hear this track and loved it.
    Thanks for posting.
    All the best
    Paul
    Oh Paul now that makes me very happy to be able to share something that is new to you and perhaps some other. It was a popular song locally when I was a teenager.

this is one of my faves from Invictus/Hot Wax. I bought the original 45 when it came out, it was big all across the South. Mary Wells loved it & would sing along to it in the car as we traveled from Florida to Alabama where she was doing a show in Selma.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    this is one of my faves from Invictus/Hot Wax. I bought the original 45 when it came out, it was big all across the South. Mary Wells loved it & would sing along to it in the car as we traveled from Florida to Alabama where she was doing a show in Selma.
    Now that is nice to hear. Too many times growing up in the area of Detroit/Toledo, I assumed that songs we liked were just played there. I know many of the songs that were popular on Canadian radio back in the 70s were never heard by the majority of Americans. I assumed Angelo Bond's song was just popular locally.