[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Songs That You Absolutely Hated.......and Still Do!

We talk a lot about songs we love, but what about the ones that just got on your @$%^^&& nerves and you hated them? Here are a few of mine:

Dead Skunk - Loudon Wainwright III

Last edited by marv2; 06-15-2019 at 06:00 PM.

This one seemed to always be on MTV whenever I came in from partying all night in college LOL!

Proof that even garbage can make it to number one:

I loved most of The Time's records,but I hated this one.......

This song use to make me want to run out of the house, into the street and get hit by a bus! LOL!

Oh, by the way, if some of these records were some of your favorites don't get mad. It's all in fun.......maybe. LOL!

Marv, I hated that album by the Time. It has a few hits but without Jam & Lewis, it wasn't a Time album to me. I was alone in that opinion. I used to buy albums from unknown bands on speculation but never purchased that one from my former favorite band.

The '80s had bunches of those crappy songs. This one was horrible both in English and German.

Also, Falco stuck ice picks in my ears with Rock Me Amadeus and Der Kommissar.

This one from the '70s was trashy for its subject matter and its composition. Hated it as a kid.

This is an example of "country" music. I put it in quotation marks because it's really just an audible turd that should make any fan of true country ashamed.

Here's one that I never liked. I had friends who loved it. I think because it was easy to rap, but it was to rap music what Convoy was to country.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Marv, I hated that album by the Time. It has a few hits but without Jam & Lewis, it wasn't a Time album to me. I was alone in that opinion. I used to buy albums from unknown bands on speculation but never purchased that one from my former favorite band.
    I know what you mean. It was like they were spreading their "sound" to thin and needed to do something different by that point. They put this crap out and they just sounded silly to me.

The '80s had bunches of those crappy songs. This one was horrible both in English and German.

Oooooow Good one! I use to hate this shitty record so bad in 1984! They played it all the time in Denver and I could not understand why.LOL!

This one from the '70s was trashy for its subject matter and its composition. Hated it as a kid.
    You know why I hated this one [[other than the music and her voice) was this was released right after MARY WILSON had left the Supremes and I actually thought this was her record just by hearing the radio DJ announce it. Thank God I was wrong!

This is an example of "country" music. I put it in quotation marks because it's really just an audible turd that should make any fan of true country ashamed.
    All I can say about this one is HAHAHAHA! I use to hear this in mornings on the radio as I was getting ready for school. I was in the 10th grade and CB radios had just gotten popular. Goes to show that anything could get on the radio under the right/wrong circumstances.

Here's one that I never liked. I had friends who loved it. I think because it was easy to rap, but it was to rap music what Convoy was to country.
    I don't remember this one at all,but it sound like any misc. R&B record from the early 80s. I can't make out everything they are saying here.

I hated this song so much! I remember being on a long distance trip by car with my brother and his girlfriend and this was on the radio all time it seemed throughout the trip. I wanted jump out of the car while it was moving on the Interstate Hwy! LOL!

It's popular, but I HATE this song! LOL! "What yo' name is?"

This one is just weird and it annoyed me that it actually became a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

This one is just weird and it annoyed me that it actually became a hit.
    I listened to this without watching the video. It is on the weird side. I cannot make out what she is saying very well.

I have no words........

Here is one that I never liked from one of the best albums I own. Just never found its way to a mix tape. Sounded much too much like pop and never should have been on the soul stations. I feel the same way about Say, Say, Say and The Girl Is Mine, but I like both of those records.

There are four songs that were massive hits in their day, but each one of them would make me leap bodily across the room and turn the radio off the minute they came on........American Pie, Hey Jude, MacArthur Park, and the ghastliest one of all, Minnie Riperton's Lovin' You.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    There are four songs that were massive hits in their day, but each one of them would make me leap bodily across the room and turn the radio off the minute they came on........American Pie, Hey Jude, MacArthur Park, and the ghastliest one of all, Minnie Riperton's Lovin' You.
    LOL. All of those are throwaway songs for me but I'd be lying to say I detested any of them. Loving You used to make my skin crawl, not from the production or performance but because it was the most girly song ever written.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You know why I hated this one [[other than the music and her voice) was this was released right after MARY WILSON had left the Supremes and I actually thought this was her record just by hearing the radio DJ announce it. Thank God I was wrong!
    Had it been your beloved Mary Wilson it would have achieved something she was unable to achieve i.e. A solo hit record! However ghastly it may have been it would have earned her some money,and it would not have affected her artistic credibility in the slightest because she had none of that in the first place!

'Red Hot'.

"Shake your body [[down to the ground)" Jacksons

Here is one that I never liked from one of the best albums I own. Just never found its way to a mix tape. Sounded much too much like pop and never should have been on the soul stations. I feel the same way about Say, Say, Say and The Girl Is Mine, but I like both of those records.
    I know exactly what you mean. I have one to share by another big pop star at that time that just disgusted me to no end. LOL!

Oh Stuff! I was going to say "American Pie", but I did not want to get stoned to death. LOL! The longest, most aggravating song in the history of music!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Had it been your beloved Mary Wilson it would have achieved something she was unable to achieve i.e. A solo hit record! However ghastly it may have been it would have earned her some money,and it would not have affected her artistic credibility in the slightest because she had none of that in the first place!
    Had it been MY Mary Wilson, I would have went to a pay phone and called her and shouted...."What are you doing!" LOL!!!! "Hey lody-dody, chic a boom, chic a boom? Ugh!

After I first heard this one, I said to myself. "Ok Lionel Richie, no more of my money for you!" I hated this song very much!

I listened to this without watching the video. It is on the weird side. I cannot make out what she is saying very well.
    I hadn't actually watched the video before, and having just done so, hmmmmmm, wouldn't recommend it. You could say the wiping-a-nosebleed-around-her-face and pouring-milk-over-her-dead-boyfriend scenes served only to reinforce the weirdness. The only thing I like about the song is the bassline. That, and it's catchy. Other than that, its weird and awful.

Also, Falco stuck ice picks in my ears with Rock Me Amadeus and Der Kommissar.
    You didn't like his stuff? How dare you?! I am so ashamed of young man, go to your room! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I hadn't actually watched the video before, and having just done so, hmmmmmm, wouldn't recommend it. You could say the wiping-a-nosebleed-around-her-face and pouring-milk-over-her-dead-boyfriend scenes served only to reinforce the weirdness. The only thing I like about the song is the bassline. That, and it's catchy. Other than that, its weird and awful.
    It does have a good, strong bassline.

To add to my four above, I thought of one more.......that hideous version of Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Suede with that ooga chakka nonsense.

You didn't like his stuff? How dare you?! I am so ashamed of young man, go to your room! LOL!!!!
    Awww man...

LOL. And this song irritates me too. Might need to stay in my room for a couple more days.

To add to my four above, I thought of one more.......that hideous version of Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Suede with that ooga chakka nonsense.
    That's the only part of song I liked! I was in Jr. High then, so........LOL!!!

Awww man...

LOL. And this song irritates me too. Might need to stay in my room for a couple more days.
    Jerry believe it or not, I was thinking of including this when I started this thread and then thought, there may be too many people that like it. It was that awful, but too over top for me. Miss Crier or whatever and those goofy dancers. I couldn't believe Bootsey Collins took part in this.

I know what you mean. It was like they were spreading their "sound" to thin and needed to do something different by that point. They put this crap out and they just sounded silly to me.
    "777-9311" and "Gigolos Need Lovin'",equal parts drivel and dog poo😝

Yes, and no dessert either!!

LOL. All of those are throwaway songs for me but I'd be lying to say I detested any of them. Loving You used to make my skin crawl, not from the production or performance but because it was the most girly song ever written.
    Come on guys! Minnie Ripperton? The Mariah Carey of the 70's? Not even the backing track of the birds chirping did it for you?!! Snark. Snark.

Awww man...

You're grounded! And forget about going to the dance Saturday!!
    I always confused them with De La Soul. [[Same difference)

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    You're grounded! And forget about going to the dance Saturday!!
    I always confused them with De La Soul. [[Same difference)
    Now, that was sacrilegious. I place De La Soul behind only Public Enemy in hip hop. Deee Lite is to De La Soul what Britney Spears is to Patti LaBelle.

TLC covering the Time's Get It Up was a lead balloon for me from the giddyup. Not just tasteless but a bad cover.

Speaking of horrible covers, somebody should be in jail for this one:

TLC covering the Time's Get It Up was a lead balloon for me from the giddyup. Not just tasteless but a bad cover.
    I never knew how to classify TLC. I mean, were they singers? Rappers? What? They sold a huge amount of records.

Speaking of horrible covers, somebody should be in jail for this one:
    She really only had a few decent records.

I never knew how to classify TLC. I mean, were they singers? Rappers? What? They sold a huge amount of records.
    Good question. I kind of wonder if the Atlanta sound of LaFace Records had any true musical distinction. The musicians didn't stand out. If you heard Babyface's first couple of albums, you pretty much heard most LaFace output that followed them. This is odd because the Deele stood out to me, as did Babyface's writing and production for Midnight Star.

You could hear a difference in New Jack [[and really, a lot of New York records in the '80s), Minneapolis, and LA [[Solar, most prominently). But in that decade and the next, LaFace made wonderful songs that were kind of indistinct from a composition standpoint IMO. Maybe Toni Braxton is the exception, but most of the voices could be swapped with something different without the songs suffering greatly. Maybe I should just avoid going there though...
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 06-17-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Now, that was sacrilegious. I place De La Soul behind only Public Enemy in hip hop. Deee Lite is to De La Soul what Britney Spears is to Patti LaBelle.
    Point taken, JerryOz! What I meant to say was the NAMES are similar. I stand corrected. No harm, no foul, Jerry.