[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"SUPREME EXIT" Book and interesting bits

I received my copy of "SUPREME EXIT," the new book about Florence Ballard, last week. While I was disappointed at the brevity of the book and an overall lack of new information, I did find the book intriguing. [[All things Supreme intrigue me!)

Among the thing I found most interesting in the book are the comments about how kind and good Berry Gordy and Diana Ross were to Flo's kids. Nicole, Flo's daughter, states that Flo's girls always called Diana "Auntie Boss," and that Diana never missed sending them gifts for their birthdays and at Christmas. It is stated that the Ballard family loved Diana and welcomed her to Flo's funeral, though other reports thru the years have made it appear Diana just showed up uninvited. This account refutes that and makes me think the media has spun the stories over the years just to get a rise and keep the feud going. It's actually kind of sick, but fans have sucked it up and kept the nastiness alive for decades... Maybe it is all a matter of perception, as opposed to fact?

I know Ms. Wilson stated in her writing that Diana kind of made a scene at Flo's funeral, but that too is very briefly refuted in the new book. It is kind of understood by Nicole, Flo's daughter, that because of Diana's huge celebrity status, she drew a lot of attention by attending. She does not fault Diana for being Diana.

According to the "SUPREME EXIT" book, Berry Gordy was also very good to the Ballard girls, extremely generous and kind to them, and they loved him and referred to him as "Poppa." Again, the media through the years has painted a picture of Gordy as Satan, totally uncaring and uninvolved with Flo and her family after her exit from the Supremes. This book does not support that at all.

I know this new book is not the gospel, not at all, but as a fan of ALL of the Supremes, it actually makes me feel better to read - for the first time - that Diana and Berry were generous and kind to the Ballard girls, and the Ballard girls cared deeply for them. It makes me think that a lot of the crapp we have read through the years has been exaggerated and fabricated for the sake of stirring the pot and feeding gossipy media interest.

I have always HATED the Diana vs. Mary vs. Flo garbage anyway. It's kind of ridiculous. The women who made up The Supremes were all special to me. They were human. They had their own personalities. The agreed and they disagreed. They hurt each other. Then they loved each other. Shades of gray all over the place....

The "SUPREME EXIT" book is worth reading, Supremes fans.... a far from perfect book, but worth reading.

Many thanks for sharing your views. I will now order a copy. Flo herself has said that she experienced many beautiful moments as a Supreme as I’m sure Diana and Mary did as well.
    It’s the fanatics who have cast Diana or even Mary in the role as veritable saint or sinner that have caused so much bitterness amongst fans. Books like this can only help.

Thanks for giving us a bit of review! I think we all know to a certain extend that there are people out there who enjoy a bit of drama, me included when it comes to books lol, or even create/ fictionalize events to make money. It's nice to hear something positive about the relation between Diana/ Berry and Florence from first hand.
    Last edited by TYK1986; 06-01-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    I received my copy of "SUPREME EXIT," the new book about Florence Ballard, last week. While I was disappointed at the brevity of the book and an overall lack of new information, I did find the book intriguing. [[All things Supreme intrigue me!)

Among the thing I found most interesting in the book are the comments about how kind and good Berry Gordy and Diana Ross were to Flo's kids. Nicole, Flo's daughter, states that Flo's girls always called Diana "Auntie Boss," and that Diana never missed sending them gifts for their birthdays and at Christmas. It is stated that the Ballard family loved Diana and welcomed her to Flo's funeral, though other reports thru the years have made it appear Diana just showed up uninvited. This account refutes that and makes me think the media has spun the stories over the years just to get a rise and keep the feud going. It's actually kind of sick, but fans have sucked it up and kept the nastiness alive for decades... Maybe it is all a matter of perception, as opposed to fact?

I know Ms. Wilson stated in her writing that Diana kind of made a scene at Flo's funeral, but that too is very briefly refuted in the new book. It is kind of understood by Nicole, Flo's daughter, that because of Diana's huge celebrity status, she drew a lot of attention by attending. She does not fault Diana for being Diana.

According to the "SUPREME EXIT" book, Berry Gordy was also very good to the Ballard girls, extremely generous and kind to them, and they loved him and referred to him as "Poppa." Again, the media through the years has painted a picture of Gordy as Satan, totally uncaring and uninvolved with Flo and her family after her exit from the Supremes. This book does not support that at all.

I know this new book is not the gospel, not at all, but as a fan of ALL of the Supremes, it actually makes me feel better to read - for the first time - that Diana and Berry were generous and kind to the Ballard girls, and the Ballard girls cared deeply for them. It makes me think that a lot of the crapp we have read through the years has been exaggerated and fabricated for the sake of stirring the pot and feeding gossipy media interest.

I have always HATED the Diana vs. Mary vs. Flo garbage anyway. It's kind of ridiculous. The women who made up The Supremes were all special to me. They were human. They had their own personalities. The agreed and they disagreed. They hurt each other. Then they loved each other. Shades of gray all over the place....

The "SUPREME EXIT" book is worth reading, Supremes fans.... a far from perfect book, but worth reading.
    I have not read this book and will not be reading it.
    In fact i have not read any books on the Supremes since Dreamgirls. I can do without all that drama. Having said all that it does sound like this book is perhaps more grounded and not the usual hatchet job.
    I do not claim to know what went on back in the day, but this does sound closer to what i have always perceived to be closer to the true facts. I am legally bound [[for the moment) not to publicly publish what i am told are the true facts behind Ms Ross and Mr Gordy's involvement in this sad story, but i will say that this book may well have it's heart in the right place.
    I would love to hear what other members think of this publication if and when they get around to reading it. I remain intrigued but i shall not break the promise to myself not to read any books focusing upon the Supremes.
    Thank you for starting this interesting post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I have not read this book and will not be reading it.
    In fact i have not read any books on the Supremes since Dreamgirls. I can do without all that drama. Having said all that it does sound like this book is perhaps more grounded and not the usual hatchet job.
    I do not claim to know what went on back in the day, but this does sound closer to what i have always perceived to be closer to the true facts. I am legally bound [[for the moment) not to publicly publish what i am told are the true facts behind Ms Ross and Mr Gordy's involvement in this sad story, but i will say that this book may well have it's heart in the right place.
    I would love to hear what other members think of this publication if and when they get around to reading it. I remain intrigued but i shall not break the promise to myself not to read any books focusing upon the Supremes.
    Thank you for starting this interesting post.
    I'd much rather read a book by Katherine Anderson on her time with the Marvelettes. Or Duke Fakir's time with the Four Tops. Or Rosalind Ashford's time with the Vandellas. Or even a book by Cindy Birdsong. But these fifth and sixth hand accounts on the Supremes has just gotten repetitive and unenlightening.

Thank you for your review and details. I'm sad to hear that there's nothing "new" to report, but truthfully I didn't expect much, knowing how young Flo's daughter was at the time of her death. My own assumption is that for the most part it would contain stories that had been passed down through the years: recollections from relatives perhaps. I suppose like the game of telephone where the end tale is a bit off from the truth. But I suppose it's another piece of the puzzle.

Can I just say one thing, not that I don't believe the book, but calling Berry "Poppa" seems a bit funky to me.

I received my copy of the book today and just put it down. I won't write a review. I'll leave that to others.

I will say that those looking for newfound revelations regarding Flo or any Diana/Berry bashing will be disappointed. I was surprised that some facts that were disputed in the past have now been confirmed by Nicole. Despite the book's tag that this is about Flo's life after the Supremes, this is actually Nicole's story. And after reading it, my heart truly goes out to her, as it seems like the sad times only began with her Mom's death and things didn't get easier for quite some time.

That said, I do think the book could have used a good editor. There were at least two stories that can't ring true, at least not during the time period that they are written of. They did cause me to do a little pause, but not enough to make me discount the book itself.

MisterCarter and Reese - thanks for your review and pre-review. It's good to hear that the book is nicely done. I'm happy to see the disreputation of the near 50-year old myth of Diana showboating at Florence Ballard's funeral. The slant put on that particular story was always not credible as well as illogical. As I have stated here before, can you imagine 'fan' response if Diana had not shown up, or if she had shown up and chosen to not speak? Or ... if Diana had shown up, chosen to speak, and chosen to not include Mary? A large part of my 'issue' with Mary Wilson stems from her interpretation of Florence's funeral. Hopefully there now being some negation of the funeral myths can now begin. Best to both of you!
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 06-02-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    That said, I do think the book could have used a good editor. There were at least two stories that can't ring true, at least not during the time period that they are written of. They did cause me to do a little pause, but not enough to make me discount the book itself.
    Thanks for your review. Sounds like it's another missed opportunity and not as nicely done as it could have been. Thete are some truths that just can't be disputed. It's unfortunate that some will now read this as bible.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Thanks for your review. Sounds like it's another missed opportunity and not as nicely done as it could have been. Thete are some truths that just can't be disputed. It's unfortunate that some will now read this as bible.
    The two stories I refer to are relatively harmless and actually have nothing to do with the Supremes. It was just an illustration of how timelines [IMO] are off at times.

The two stories I refer to are relatively harmless and actually have nothing to do with the Supremes. It was just an illustration of how timelines [IMO] are off at times.
    I understand your point, but if you can't get a simple story correct, how can a reader expect that anything else printed is not off?

I understand your point, but if you can't get a simple story correct, how can a reader expect that anything else printed is not off?
    I hear you. That's why I think a good editor is needed, for any book. I've read many where I know the timelines are off or some info isn't totally accurate. Even a mislabeled photo. And I always think "Who is doublechecking these things?"

I appreciate the reviews.

Thank you MrCarter.

So many myths are being dispelled these days.

I just finished reading the book. For those who love to read, this will be a hard read. As Reese says, it could've used a good editor, but I'll take it a step forward and say that it could've used a better writer, period. Kudos to the author for documenting this part of Flo's story, but some people don't have the talent for writing. This would've been far better if the writer had just written the entire thing in Nicole's voice. Missed opportunity.

That being said, if you're a big Flo fan, this is a must read. You're not going to get anything revelatory about Flo's upbringing, Supremes days, or much of Flo's post Supremes life. It is, however, an interesting portrait of Florence Ballard the mother, in the eyes of her daughter Nicole. Nicole doesn't speak for her sisters and she tries not to touch on much of anything that she does not know first hand. She sticks to what she saw, what she remembers, and her own life experiences.

In some ways, the Nicole Chapman story- which is really what this book is- is a continuation of the Flo Ballard story. So much of Nicole's life was shaped by the loss of her mother. That event touched off a wave of events in Nicole's life, which is to be expected. In the end Nicole perseveres, much like her mother seemed to do.

I recommend the book for those who are die hard Florence Ballard fans, like myself. Fans of the Supremes in general, Diana fans, Mary fans, might find it wasted money to purchase the book.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    I'd much rather read a book by Katherine Anderson on her time with the Marvelettes. Or Duke Fakir's time with the Four Tops. Or Rosalind Ashford's time with the Vandellas. Or even a book by Cindy Birdsong. But these fifth and sixth hand accounts on the Supremes has just gotten repetitive and unenlightening.
    But this isn't a fifth or sixth hand account. This book is about Nicole Chapman and her experiences with her mother and life, not about anything that happened before she was born or cognizant.

Can I just say one thing, not that I don't believe the book, but calling Berry "Poppa" seems a bit funky to me.
    They call him Poppa Gordy. This is fairly common in the African American community, to attach "Poppa", "Mama", "Aunt", "Uncle" to older non relatives as a sign of respect and affection. I don't think there's any funk to this one.

There were at least two stories that can't ring true, at least not during the time period that they are written of. They did cause me to do a little pause, but not enough to make me discount the book itself.
    The one about the Emotions gave me...pause. Lol Then I thought about, "Best of My Love", released a year after Flo had died, is the biggest hit the group had and Nicole's childhood memory probably inserts the song there when it was actually something else they sang. I figured the group might have known Flo from Tommy's chauffeur days.

There was another time when I raised my eyebrows but can't remember what it was. I bet it was the other thing that made you pause too.

That's life. Must we rehash the inaccuracies- verifiable inaccuracies- in both Mary and Diana's autobiographies? There are also verifiable truths in both books. Why throw the baby out with the bath water?

Memories fade and twists. Some of y'all old as dust and water, and should know this.

I hear you. That's why I think a good editor is needed, for any book. I've read many where I know the timelines are off or some info isn't totally accurate. Even a mislabeled photo. And I always think "Who is doublechecking these things?"
    I see it more often with the self publish crowd. This book was hard for me to get through because it was written by someone who doesn't have writing chops yet. Still I am grateful to her for doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    The one about the Emotions gave me...pause. Lol Then I thought about, "Best of My Love", released a year after Flo had died, is the biggest hit the group had and Nicole's childhood memory probably inserts the song there when it was actually something else they sang. I figured the group might have known Flo from Tommy's chauffeur days.

There was another time when I raised my eyebrows but can't remember what it was. I bet it was the other thing that made you pause too.
    That was one of the stories I was referring to. The other was the inspiration for their fish being DIFFERENT STROKES.

That was one of the stories I was referring to. The other was the inspiration for their fish being DIFFERENT STROKES.
    Yes! That's the other one. Lol I figure her mind was bleeding years. Arnold and the gang weren't on TV for another three years, but that's close enough to mix a memory. I'm all the time thinking that a certain song was my jam, or a certain show was my guilty pleasure, or I went to see certain movie with such and such at a particular time and then research a release date only to find out there's no way those things happened when I thought they did.

I wish I had kept a journal.

but that's close enough to mix a memory

I think you're being generous, Ran.

What if Diana would have written that "Where Did Our Love Go" was released in 1967? LOL. The queens would be laid out!

They call him Poppa Gordy. This is fairly common in the African American community, to attach "Poppa", "Mama", "Aunt", "Uncle" to older non relatives as a sign of respect and affection. I don't think there's any funk to this one.
    Perhaps.

But how many times do you think during the girls formative years Berry was around long enough for them to form a bond strong enough to call him "Poppa"?

How about the one about Diana suddenly appearing at Flo's gravesite after the funeral?

How about the one about Diana suddenly appearing at Flo's gravesite after the funeral?
    That one gave me a momentary pause, but I can excuse her that one. A seven-year old who has just lost her mother is more than likely going to be quite confused about who was where.

That said, I think she probably meant that it was Mary at the gravesite.

I knew some would be unhappy with this book.

but that's close enough to mix a memory

I think you're being generous, Ran.

What if Diana would have written that "Where Did Our Love Go" was released in 1967? LOL. The queens would be laid out!
    Lol I'm not just being generous, I'm being realistic. These are goldfish we're talking about, not a monumental career achievement. Nicole recalls linking her first goldfish to Arnold's fish in 1975 or 1976 when Diff'rent Strokes didn't air until 1978. IMO it's no stretch to think that Nicole may have gotten a fish after DS aired. I had multiple pets growing up. For some, like birds, the timeline of events aren't always easy to recall in my mind, especially since some of them didn't last more than a couple weeks. There are some erroneous memories I've attached to one or more because I'm mixing up the timeline. If I can do it- and I know I have- then I have to believe Nicole can do it too.

And for the record, Diana did write that "Someday We'll Be Together" was recorded about two or three years before she left the group. It wasn't WDOLG in 1967, but it was still a pretty bad error, IMO.

Perhaps.

But how many times do you think during the girls formative years Berry was around long enough for them to form a bond strong enough to call him "Poppa"?
    That's not always how this works. I have an elderly lady in my life whom I didn't meet until I was in my 30s and from day one she was "Mother M....". Now if Berry ever needs his diaper changed because Father Time hit him hard, and the first person he calls to nurse him is Nicole Chapman, that would be "funky". It's just a name.

I forgot about that one and I don't know how. It's well documented Diana skipped the grave.

That one gave me a momentary pause, but I can excuse her that one. A seven-year old who has just lost her mother is more than likely going to be quite confused about who was where.

That said, I think she probably meant that it was Mary at the gravesite.
    I think later in the book it does mention that Diana didn't go to the cemetery. It must have been a typo, meaning Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Not enough drama. Too kind to the usual villains. She wasn't going to be able to please everybody, not in the Supremes Universe.

There's always going to be one critical bitch, and that's I guess going to be me. Relying on the recollection of a 7 year old 44 years ago isn't a great outline for a book. It could have been much more. But it is what it is. A gold turd is still a turd.

I hope others enjoy it. Based on the kind critiques of others, I don't see that. But whatever.

[QUOTE=marybrewster;633454]There's always going to be one critical bitch, and that's I guess going to be me. Relying on the recollection of a 7 year old 44 years ago isn't a great outline for a book. It could have been much more. But it is what it is. A gold turd is still a turd.

I hope others enjoy it. Based on the kind critiques of others, I don't see that. But whatever.[/QUOTE
    I got the book last week almost finished. Nicole was the mos proactive daughter being the older fraternal twin girl. And she tells a most compelling story not just from her recollections as a 7 yr old but also as a young lady with two children. If u want to see what nicole thought about adversity against her mother, when she sprung into ACTION when she and her sisters attended an event at the apollo theater in 92 when the supremes and others were honored and they omitted flos name from t program
    This is the nicole whose actions was a direct copy of flo who wasn't having it. You'll have t read t book t find out what happened

As long as Diana is portrayed in a positive manner there are those who will be unhappy. Similar to the maga crowd who will never accept that Obama was born in the US and that Biden/Harris legitimately won the election, there's a population that will never, under any circumstances, believe the truth. So be it.

I still don't know where everyone is buying this book from.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I still don't know where everyone is buying this book from.
    http://uno220.com/shop-now/

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    As long as Diana is portrayed in a positive manner there are those who will be unhappy. Similar to the maga crowd who will never accept that Obama was born in the US and that Biden/Harris legitimately won the election, there's a population that will never, under any circumstances, believe the truth. So be it.
    I don’t believe there is anyone on this forum who would be unhappy about Diana being portrayed in a positive manner in the book. You look for demons where none exist.

Does anyone know where you can purchase this book in the UK?.

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    I got the book last week almost finished. Nicole was the mos proactive daughter being the older fraternal twin girl. And she tells a most compelling story not just from her recollections as a 7 yr old but also as a young lady with two children. If u want to see what nicole thought about adversity against her mother, when she sprung into ACTION when she and her sisters attended an event at the apollo theater in 92 when the supremes and others were honored and they omitted flos name from t program
    This is the nicole whose actions was a direct copy of flo who wasn't having it. You'll have t read t book t find out what happened
    While her actions weren't of good judgement, I understood them and found the story quite comical. However, the most compelling parts of the story is her finding a way to climb out of her depression and her brave act as a young girl. Like I said before, the book won't be well received because it doesn't dish dirt, and that's what most folks want to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I don’t believe there is anyone on this forum who would be unhappy about Diana being portrayed in a positive manner in the book. You look for demons where none exist.
    I don't know about that one Ollie. There have always been people on this forum and outside of it who salivate at salacious tales of Diana's cruelty and hard heartedness. Anything that doesn't play to that image of her is something to disregard. Nicole's book does nothing to add to the idea of a cruel, cold hearted Diana Ross. She's portrayed as anything but.

But your last sentence is obviously accurate 99 percent of the time.

While her actions weren't of good judgement, I understood them and found the story quite comical. However, the most compelling parts of the story is her finding a way to climb out of her depression and her brave act as a young girl. Like I said before, the book won't be well received because it doesn't dish dirt, and that's what most folks want to read.
    Nicole was not concerned with dishing dirt and she could not do so during the supremes drama. Through t author She was concerned about her anger in her mom denise and preserving her moms story with all the myths people wrote about flo durinng and after Motown and the supremes. Her book was not about dishing dirt but to tell what happened t her mom keeping her legacy intact.

I don't know about that one Ollie. There have always been people on this forum and outside of it who salivate at salacious tales of Diana's cruelty and hard heartedness. Anything that doesn't play to that image of her is something to disregard. Nicole's book does nothing to add to the idea of a cruel, cold hearted Diana Ross. She's portrayed as anything but.

But your last sentence is obviously accurate 99 percent of the time.
    It is a bit strange to me; not that Diana is portrayed in a good light, but HOW much of a good light she's portrayed in. Of course, none of us know the story behind the scenes, but one would think that Mary was much more active with the girls over the years than Diana, yet Mary doesn't get nearly the amount of gushing.

Not enough drama.
    Not enough drama, and at times, not enough Flo. It's more of a Nicole autobiography. And if not for her Mother, an autobiography that never would have gotten published.

I just finished the book. I do agree that it needed some more proof reading and editing. There were parts that I felt were added in order to pad out the text, like describing what took place on 9/11. Some facts needed to be corrected, such in the timeline at the back of the book, which states that Diana went solo in 1972. However, I do like that it was written with plenty of personality. There were some phrases and lines that made me laugh, in a good way. As an example, the author made a reference to a young Nicole being in a peaceful and restful state in her bed on a particular evening. To describe this, she said that Nicole was having a "Calgon-take-me-away kind of moment". I laughed at that line and loved it. Those sorts of nuggets kept me engaged. I agree that this book is Nicole's story and I enjoyed learning about her and her family. I really respect her for sticking to the facts concerning her own life and experiences and for having stayed away from the drama that transpired before her time. The book does paint Diana and Berry in a good light and she makes it known that Diana, Berry and Mary have each always acknowledged and remembered her and her sisters. I was most surprised to read that Diana had offered to adopt Nicole and her sisters, after Flo had passed away, and Lurlee [[Flo's Mom) had kindly declined the offer. She had explained that Diana was willing to raise her and her sisters and simply wanted to ensure that they would be taken care of. I don't remember reading or hearing this previously. It was nice to read that.

As a Flo fan, I've always taken an interest in her life after The Supremes, as well as the life of her family. I never knew a whole lot about Nicole or her father Tommy, for instance. I appreciated being able to learn about their lives and appreciated some of the insights and memories that Nicole shared of her mother. There were revelations on the various things that Nicole has lived through in her life and it gave me so much more understanding. For a hardcore fan like myself, I wasn't disappointed by the book. It just left me wishing there was more. I do appreciate it though, especially considering this was a self-published effort. It's a lovely addition to my collection.
    Last edited by carlo; 06-10-2021 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I was most surprised to read that Diana had offered to adopt Nicole and her sisters, after Flo had passed away, and Lurlee [[Flo's Mom) had kindly declined the offer. She had explained that Diana was willing to raise her and her sisters and simply wanted to ensure that they would be taken care of. I don't remember reading or hearing this previously. It was nice to read that.
    That is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I just finished the book. I do agree that it needed some more proof reading and editing. There were parts that I felt were added in order to pad out the text, like describing what took place on 9/11. Some facts needed to be corrected, such in the timeline at the back of the book, which states that Diana went solo in 1972. However, I do like that it was written with plenty of personality. There were some phrases and lines that made me laugh, in a good way. As an example, the author made a reference to a young Nicole being in a peaceful and restful state in her bed on a particular evening. To describe this, she said that Nicole was having a "Calgon-take-me-away kind of moment". I laughed at that line and loved it. Those sorts of nuggets kept me engaged. I agree that this book is Nicole's story and I enjoyed learning about her and her family. I really respect her for sticking to the facts concerning her own life and experiences and for having stayed away from the drama that transpired before her time. The book does paint Diana and Berry in a good light and she makes it known that Diana, Berry and Mary have each always acknowledged and remembered her and her sisters. I was most surprised to read that Diana had offered to adopt Nicole and her sisters, after Flo had passed away, and Lurlee [[Flo's Mom) had kindly declined the offer. She had explained that Diana was willing to raise her and her sisters and simply wanted to ensure that they would be taken care of. I don't remember reading or hearing this previously. It was nice to read that.

As a Flo fan, I've always taken an interest in her life after The Supremes, as well as the life of her family. I never knew a whole lot about Nicole or her father Tommy, for instance. I appreciated being able to learn about their lives and appreciated some of the insights and memories that Nicole shared of her mother. There were revelations on the various things that Nicole has lived through in her life and it gave me so much more understanding. For a hardcore fan like myself, I wasn't disappointed by the book. It just left me wishing there was more. I do appreciate it though, especially considering this was a self-published effort. It's a lovely addition to my collection.
    Heartfelt and well stated. Perhaps sales will be sufficient to attract a publisher that can do a complete job of editing. Until then, glad to hear real fans are happy with the book.

That is beautiful.
    Indeed it is, and hopefully [as if...] it will destroy some of the self-hating myths that some 'fans' choose to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Heartfelt and well stated. Perhaps sales will be sufficient to attract a publisher that can do a complete job of editing. Until then, glad to hear real fans are happy with the book.
    Thanks Peace. In my opinion, it's a very solid story but it could definitely be shined up. They could also delve into other subjects and expand upon existing ones. For instance, I would have loved to have read about Nicole's opinion on Dreamgirls [[the stage musical and the movie) and how it impacted her. Or perhaps she was trying to avoid talking about any of that? She did give J-Hud a nice shout out at the end of the book.

What a beautiful heart felt offer of Diana Adopting Flos. Children along with Michael Jackson asking to raise his children if Katherine passed I hated all those years of people trashing Diana for there own pleasure

Interesting that in almost 50 years, this "Diana adopting Flo's kids" story has NEVER been told. That's pretty big news; you'd think somewhere along the line it would have been mentioned.