[REMOVE ADS]

SISTERS LOVE to be released in Japan

Great news but seems to be only 12 tracks as opposed to the 15 onthe Reel CD. Nice surprise though. More Mowest please.

It came out years ago!

This must just be a Japanese re-release. Awesome album though!

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Great news but seems to be only 12 tracks as opposed to the 15 onthe Reel CD. Nice surprise though. More Mowest please.
    It contains 15 tracks

https://store.universal-music.co.jp/product/uicy79947/

That's good news then so it's a direct re-issue of the Reel Music CD - great stuff. And I have to tell you I'm particularly fond of "アイ・エイント・ザット・イージー・トゥ・ルーズ".

Does anyone know why "Try It, You'll Like It" is not included on this CD, in any of its various releases…?

I'm only aware of the Reel Music release of this album - the new one from Japan seems to have the same tracks as that one. Has it been released before?

I assume "Try It You'll Like It" wasn't a track on the original unreleased album and they also decided not to include it as a bonus track for some reason but it was a track on the "Give Me Your Love" CD on Soul Jazz Records.
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 04-25-2022 at 02:59 PM.

Yeah you’re right mystery. It was on Give Me Your Love, which collected their Motown and non-Motown recordings. It just seems like it should have been on With Love as well, as that has all of their other Motown stuff on it!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-26-2022 at 08:50 PM.

Yes certainly a missed opportunity there in respect of the Sisters Love material.

Marvin Gaye's version of the song appears on the Let's Get It On DeLuxe Edition.

Yes indeed it was! All are good versions, but I think my favourite is by Willie Hutch himself [who wrote and produced the song on Marvin and Sisters Love]…

Quite similar in both sound and theme to his 1975 hit "Love Power"

Here is the Marvin Gaye version which was also produced by Willie Hutch. All three versions use the same backing track and feature background vocals by Sisters Love.

Marvin’s is nice, but probably my least favourite out of the three versions. Which is your favourite brotherlove?

Did you know that Vermettya Royster rerecorded "Try It", along with several other Sister Love tracks, for her 2009 album On The Half Shell?

https://www.allmusic.com/album/on-th...l-mw0001788867

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Marvin’s is nice, but probably my least favourite out of the three versions. Which is your favourite brotherlove?

Did you know that Vermettya Royster rerecorded "Try It", along with several other Sister Love tracks, for her 2009 album On The Half Shell?

https://www.allmusic.com/album/on-th...l-mw0001788867
    Yes Tom I did know that, I think they should have left those songs alone and recorded newer material. I did not understand the cover concept either. They should have used the pic that was on the inside of the CD package.

I dig the Sisters take on the song best.

Still lots of unreleased stuff in the cans!

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    Yes Tom I did know that, I think they should have left those songs alone and recorded newer material. I did not understand the cover concept either. They should have used the pic that was on the inside of the CD package.

I dig the Sisters take on the song best.

Still lots of unreleased stuff in the cans!
    Do you have the album? I’ve only listened to snippets of it online. From what I’ve managed to hear, the songs have at least been quite nicely rerecorded [as in, not auto-tuned vocals or computerised backing tracks].

And, unreleased Sisters Love tracks you say??
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 04-30-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Do you have the album? I’ve only listened to snippets of it online. From what I’ve managed to hear, the songs have at least been quite nicely rerecorded [as in, not auto-tuned vocals or computerized backing tracks].

And, unreleased Sisters Love tracks you say??

Yes, I do have the album it could have been great with the right production. With the vocal power of someone like Vermettya there are so many great songs that they could have recorded for this project. Nine out of the twelve of the tracks are re-recordings of old songs by the Sisters.

There are still unreleased Motown & A&M tracks in the vaults.

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    Yes, I do have the album it could have been great with the right production. With the vocal power of someone like Vermettya there are so many great songs that they could have recorded for this project. Nine out of the twelve of the tracks are re-recordings of old songs by the Sisters.

There are still unreleased Motown & A&M tracks in the vaults.
    Ah fair enough!

And oh wow!!! Great to hear. Maybe they’ll be released one day soon!

UMG Throwback Soul Series

[URL="http://https://store.universal-music.co.jp/feature/throwback-soul/