[REMOVE ADS]

In Loving Memory - Esther Gordy Edwards

On August 24, 2011, Esther Gordy Edwards departed us. Please give some thought to her today --- seven years since her death. She was a wonderful person and was responsible for the Motown Museum starting it's growth into a world class museum.

She was truly a legendary icon. Her absence is felt each and every day.

yes, Mrs. Edwards was a wonderful person and responsible for a lot of the success of the Motown Record Corp. Martha Reeves introduced me to her in 1991. I was truly honored to have met her.

Mrs. Edwards a nice, smart, generous, strong, calm and very organized woman. There are so many adjectives to describe this great lady. She was also very humorous sometimes without even trying.
    I use to work for her just as the museum was getting started back in the 80s and saw her many times when I would be back home. I would do anything she asked me. Love her and will never forget her!

Marv

By chance I sat next to Esther at the 2002 Governor's Awards that honored Smokey Robinson. She was a spirited and energetic woman who spoke her mind. Rest in Peace Ester.

Name:  Ester-Gordy.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  85.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    By chance I sat next to Esther at the 2002 Governor's Awards that honored Smokey Robinson. She was a spirited and energetic woman who spoke her mind. Rest in Peace Ester.

Name:  Ester-Gordy.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  85.8 KB
    Lowell: That is an awesome picture of a great lady. Long live her memory and legacy. Thank you for posting this picture. Absolutely wonderful.

One thing about Ms Edwards, she was devoted to her brother BG. Defended him every chance she got. I'm told she also made a mean pot of chili at the Motown offices

I will never forget Mrs. Esther and I will never forget the conversations we had at Hitsville USA. So sweet, so professional, so dedicated, so down to earth and gone but not forgotten.