[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Supremes

The Supremes

https://www.etonline.com/music her Daughter says there’s a lots of Supremes unreleased music And Diana Ross has the key to unlock the songs
    Last edited by ralpht; 04-19-2021 at 11:52 AM.

[QUOTE=after you;619177]https://www.etonline.com/music her Daughter says there’s a lots of Supremes unreleased music And Diana Ross has the key to unlock the songs here’s hoping we need to hear these songs sooner than later does universal know about them

Quote Originally Posted by after you View Post
    https://www.etonline.com/music her Doctor says there’s a lots of Supremes unreleased music And Diana Ross has the key to unlock the songs
    Her doctor ?

Turkessa also shared that there's unreleased Supremes music as well, but one would have to ask Diana about ever dropping any of the content. ET reached out to Diana's rep who told ET that she was not available for interviews.
    "There's a lot of music that people haven't heard," she shared. "A lot of tracks are sitting on the shelf. Who knows what's going to come out… I can't say what's going to be on the next album but I know there's lots of music out there that she has done and that The Supremes have done, and hopefully, if we get enough push, we'll get them all out there."

Wasn't it said most of the 60s stuff has been released? I think its the Jean years now where most of the unreleased music is.

I would believe Andy and George about unreleased material, they're the ones with the intimate knowledge of the vaults and data sets.

I don't think Diana has control over what is released from her Motown days as she doesn't own the masters. Surely she has been made aware of the various reissues but she hasn't really contributed to them, to my knowledge.

Hasn't Andy Skurow said on several occasions that we have all there is and that the bottom of the barrel has been well & truly scraped. Anything that does remain is not completed, usually sans vocals!

I think Diana Ross has been around a lot longer than Andy so she may have stuff in her vaults that really is none of his business but who knows she might have some goodies on her hands After all that is her voice singing the songs and no one else except for the background singers which are gorgeous

Ive always wanted to know what happened to the home studio recordings Diana worked on in the 1970s that Berry told her were below studio standard....with todays technology it would be easy to take her vocals from the sessions and mixes and add new beats/strings [[if the recordings still exist)

With respect, I think that Andy would know exactly what Supremes/Diana recorded for Motown as he is the expert on the matter. It's his job so it's his business. Diana does not own her Motown recordings but she has the right to say yes or no to the release of vaulted material. I know that she OK'd 'For Once In My Life.' She's never really shown any real interest in the expanded editions of Supremes material nor her own solo work. I suggest you ask Andy as he is a member on here.

Well all respect we love Andy but I don’t hear him singing on those records

Well all respect we love Andy but I don’t hear him singing on those records
    Hey After You, I see you're relatively new to the SD board, so Welcome. Regarding Motown Andy he is in fact an employee of Universal/Motown and he, along with George Solomon, and many others have had a hand in putting out the Supreme album Expanded Editions. They KNOW what songs and materials are in the vaults and both would have a much better idea of what's left in the vaults, and that is no disrespect to Diana Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Hey After You, I see you're relatively new to the SD board, so Welcome. Regarding Motown Andy he is in fact an employee of Universal/Motown and he, along with George Solomon, and many others have had a hand in putting out the Supreme album Expanded Editions. They KNOW what songs and materials are in the vaults and both would have a much better idea of what's left in the vaults, and that is no disrespect to Diana Ross.
    I could ask a hundred questions about "Diana Ross' vaults" but it isn't worth the time. Those of us who have been here more than the last 15 minutes know to trust Andy and George implicitly. Anyone disparaging them should go away.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Hasn't Andy Skurow said on several occasions that we have all there is and that the bottom of the barrel has been well & truly scraped. Anything that does remain is not completed, usually sans vocals!
    I don't recall Andy saying that. The rumor has been flying around for years that we've gotten all there is and then...BAM...a newly discovered track surfaces. [[Mary's "Christmas Song" and DRATS' "For Once In My Life" immediately spring to mind that have been released since the millions of threads claiming that there's nothing left.)

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Ive always wanted to know what happened to the home studio recordings Diana worked on in the 1970s that Berry told her were below studio standard....with todays technology it would be easy to take her vocals from the sessions and mixes and add new beats/strings [[if the recordings still exist)
    I mentioned this in a thread sometime ago. I completely agree. The fear is that they don't exist anymore. If Diana was told that they sucked, she may have spiraled out of control and done who knows what with them. Fingers crossed that they still exist. Toes crossed that Diana would allow us the privilege to even hear them.

Diana does not own her Motown recordings but she has the right to say yes or no to the release of vaulted material.
    I can't believe that. If she doesn't own the rights, then how can she have a say? I don't believe she's even consulted about this stuff, as far as the planning.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I could ask a hundred questions about "Diana Ross' vaults" but it isn't worth the time. Those of us who have been here more than the last 15 minutes know to trust Andy and George implicitly. Anyone disparaging them should go away.
    I second this emotion.

I really wish Diana would get more involved in these expanded editions. I'm becoming convinced that the Supremes has become a painful memory for her.

As with everything there’s always more information when Motown moved to LA in the early seventies who had the masters things can get lost Easily or taken for safe storage things happen when I was in New York City in the Early 80s I came upon this little shop in Greenwich Village and back then Diana Ross was all the rage all I got to talk into this one gentleman he said that he snuck into some vaults that where in New York City and took Tapes that said supremes on them he copied and sold them I bought six albums of unreleased material I’m not even sure if I still have them but in reality all these songs should be in one central vault and if Diana Ross wants access to them she should be because there recording with the other girls so here’s hoping they find more goodies and and goodness for Andy and George they work non stop to make these releases possible thank you guys

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I really wish Diana would get more involved in these expanded editions. I'm becoming convinced that the Supremes has become a painful memory for her.
    I doubt that the Supremes are a painful memory for Diana. Mary took the lead in the Supremes' Legacy and Diana stayed in the background. Mary needed the legacy and the Supremes' name tagged to her billing and did a terrific job of keeping the legacy alive. Just my opinion, but I think if Diana had gotten involved with any of it, Mary would have once again been in the background and interviewers would have gone to Diana for interviews. Now that Mary is no longer with us, it would be nice if Diana were to step up and get more involved with the Supremes' legacy.
    Last edited by milven; 04-18-2021 at 12:10 AM.

I think Diana Ross has been around a lot longer than Andy so she may have stuff in her vaults that really is none of his business but who knows she might have some goodies on her hands After all that is her voice singing the songs and no one else except for the background singers which are gorgeous
    Let's see what Mary's doctor has to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I can't believe that. If she doesn't own the rights, then how can she have a say? I don't believe she's even consulted about this stuff, as far as the planning.
    I know for a fact that she was contacted about 'For Once In My Life' and said yes. I believe that she was busy and just didn't want to be bothered by such things. Lucky us!

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I doubt that the Supremes are a painful memory for Diana. Mary took the lead in the Supremes' Legacy and Diana stayed in the background. Mary needed the legacy and the Supremes' name tagged to her billing and did a terrific job of keeping the legacy alive. Just my opinion, but I think if Diana had gotten involved with any of it, Mary would have once again been in the background and interviewers would have gone to Diana for interviews. Now that Mary is no longer with us, it would be nice if Diana were to step up and get more involved with the Supremes' legacy.
    Yeah I get that but I do wish Diana would have done an interview for the expanded editions. I don't think that would have taken away too much from Mary. I don't see why they both couldn't have been interviewed for them.

that's on Diana.

Mary’s doctor says they love you I would like to give you a big hug

Lol, good one. Tell us another tall tale.

If that were the case, we'd never see a Supremes release again!

A Tall tale for Mary poster she loved her coffee dark Her men Even darker that coffee was so darn good it kept Mary going for years and years because she was a very good woman and everybody loved her so remember always drink your coffee dark it brings good luck tall tales for you

^^ lol!!^^

Mary’s doctor says they love you I would like to give you a big hug
    What the hell?

If memory serves correctly, Motown had been wanting to release a newer, updated 2-CD Diana Ross "Anthology" set in the 1990s but Diana wouldn't approve it. This was around the same time that Diana returned to Motown after her stint at RCA. I remember wondering what gave Diana the authority to approve or disapprove Motown releases. Later, I learned that Diana's return to Motown included part ownership of Motown Records. Hence, her authority to approve/disapprove her solo recordings as well as with The Supremes. That 2-CD Anthology set did eventually get released, but not until a few years later.

Gimme, gimme, gimme a some Blue rocks after midnight
    Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away
    Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
    Take me through the darkness to the break of the day we love Blue Rock enjoy the week big smiles and hugs

My thoughts: Andy and George most like have more knowledge of vault material than anyone; Diana has never been a backward-looking lady so her involvement with vault material would probably not happen; Turkessa [[Mary's daughter) would most likely not have knowledge of what Diana does or does not have in personal vaults [[nor would Mary's doctor ...); what with all the changing of corporate ownership my guess is that Diana probably has no influence on what is or is not released and indeed has no key; unless Turkessa is an archival exec with one of the major music corporations it would be my guess that she actually has no real knowledge whatsoever about vaulted material, other than perhaps solo Mary material. 'Diana has the key' seems to me like a continuation of Diana-blaming.

That's what I recall Andy saying more than once, Copley -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    What the hell?
    ..... right ? .....

It appears there was a typo at the beginning of this thread, The author meant to say....daughter....but the computer thought elsewise and typed ...doctor...

to quote Diana ..... don't call the doctor! lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    to quote Diana ..... don't call the doctor! lol!!
    Don't call my moma. Don't call the preacher!

Gimme, gimme, gimme a some Blue rocks after midnight
    Won't somebody help me chase the shadows away
    Gimme, gimme, gimme a man after midnight
    Take me through the darkness to the break of the day we love Blue Rock enjoy the week big smiles and hugs
    I love me some Abba!

We all love Abba what would you think of Diana singing some Abba like The beautiful Cher did

We all love Abba what would you think of Diana singing some Abba like The beautiful Cher did
    I would prefer some new original material but if it had to be a covers album then maybe Stevie, Smokey or a jazz album.

Probably my last choice, after a Justin Bieber covers lp. Just ... no. IMO the only unlistenable Cher album.

She’s got all the time in the world to record that beautiful voice should not go unheard I would love her to record some Whitney or early Madonna dance songs we need songs like take me higher album and yes a new Jazz album

I was told I’ve been summoned.

“Calling Dr. Bombay! Calling Dr. Bombay! Emergency, come right away!” Well here I am. Perhaps more like Uncle Arthur, and hopefully not like Aunt Clara. [[For those of you who know those Bewitched references).

Everyone who contributed to this thread thank you and we appreciate your continued support.

Several points to address, but I think I can clarify:

The Entertainment Tonight piece was misinterpreted. If you watch the video, Turkessa explains that there are unreleased recordings in the vault. Kevin Frazier asks if Diana wants this music out. Here is the clip:

https://www.etonline.com/mary-wilson...R150iespzXhhAc

Most artists do not control their music. The record companies do. We’ve always reached out to Diana and Mary, both as a courtesy, and for their involvement and input. They were both pleased with our work, as were the many writers and producers we have also involved, from HDH, to Deke Richards, to Smokey, to Valerie Simpson, and even to Mr. Gordy.

Miss Ross has recorded so many songs, many heard only when she was rehearsing them, and then in the studio, that it’s understandable that she would not remember them all. That’s what we are here for. The artists entrust vault and A&R personnel to handle their catalogs.

FloyJoy and Copley, you are both partially correct, I did say in the Lost & Found that there wasn’t that much left I the vault, but that was in comparison to the massive list in the back of the booklet. Fans would repeatedly ask about those songs, and we wanted to let the fans know that they did not have Supremes vocals on them. That said, I think we still have enough surprises left to keep all of the Supremes, Diana Ross, and Mary Wilson fans happy!

Please rest assured all of the master tapes are well organized, and safe in the vault, and that George Solomon and have have collectively touched most of them over the last 35 years. [[We were only two when we started. &#128521

After You, I understand you are new here. Welcome to the boards. Sorry, I don’t spend too much time on SDF, although I do love Ralph and all the fans here. Do you follow our Diana Ross & The Supremes Expanded Editions page on Facebook? You can find out about those releases with unreleased bonus tracks over there as well, and be up to date on new releases when they come.

We have done over 30 Expanded Editions and hits packages, with over 500 previously unreleased songs and mixes on Miss Ross/Supremes alone! That’s more than virtually any artist’s back catalog other than possibly Elvis Presley! If you don’t already have these sets, I hope you will seek them out.

We have more to come, hopefully very soon. We always want to make sure the ladies we love, and the fans who buy them, will be happy with our work, and so far, we’ve done that. We hope you will be happy with them too. They are always done with tremendous love, and respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    I was told I’ve been summoned.

“Calling Dr. Bombay! Calling Dr. Bombay! Emergency, come right away!” Well here I am. Perhaps more like Uncle Arthur, and hopefully not like Aunt Clara. [[For those of you who know those Bewitched references).

Everyone who contributed to this thread thank you and we appreciate your continued support.

Several points to address, but I think I can clarify:

The Entertainment Tonight piece was misinterpreted. If you watch the video, Turkessa explains that there are unreleased recordings in the vault. Kevin Frazier asks if Diana wants this music out. Here is the clip:

https://www.etonline.com/mary-wilson...R150iespzXhhAc

Most artists do not control their music. The record companies do. We’ve always reached out to Diana and Mary, both as a courtesy, and for their involvement and input. They were both pleased with our work, as were the many writers and producers we have also involved, from HDH, to Deke Richards, to Smokey, to Valerie Simpson, and even to Mr. Gordy.

Miss Ross has recorded so many songs, many heard only when she was rehearsing them, and then in the studio, that it’s understandable that she would not remember them all. That’s what we are here for. The artists entrust vault and A&R personnel to handle their catalogs.

FloyJoy and Copley, you are both partially correct, I did say in the Lost & Found that there wasn’t that much left I the vault, but that was in comparison to the massive list in the back of the booklet. Fans would repeatedly ask about those songs, and we wanted to let the fans know that they did not have Supremes vocals on them. That said, I think we still have enough surprises left to keep all of the Supremes, Diana Ross, and Mary Wilson fans happy!

Please rest assured all of the master tapes are well organized, and safe in the vault, and that George Solomon and have have collectively touched most of them over the last 35 years. [[We were only two when we started. &#128521

After You, I understand you are new here. Welcome to the boards. Sorry, I don’t spend too much time on SDF, although I do love Ralph and all the fans here. Do you follow our Diana Ross & The Supremes Expanded Editions page on Facebook? You can find out about those releases with unreleased bonus tracks over there as well, and be up to date on new releases when they come.

We have done over 30 Expanded Editions and hits packages, with over 500 previously unreleased songs and mixes on Miss Ross/Supremes alone! That’s more than virtually any artist’s back catalog other than possibly Elvis Presley! If you don’t already have these sets, I hope you will seek them out.

We have more to come, hopefully very soon. We always want to make sure the ladies we love, and the fans who buy them, will be happy with our work, and so far, we’ve done that. We hope you will be happy with them too. They are always done with tremendous love, and respect.
    Thank you Andy.

Yes, thank you, Andy. Your work is greatly loved and appreciated.

Thank you Sir Andy where all devoted fans for this heavenly music I have bought all the expanded releases but we can never get enough it’s like a fine wine once you had one glass we need more and thank you both for all you do for the Ross 🌷Supremes Bible and we love George

I'd just like a way to get The Supremes tribute to Sam Cooke on compact disc. That is my only small request. It's going for like 89 bucks on ebay, sadly :[[

I don't recall Andy saying that. The rumor has been flying around for years that we've gotten all there is and then...BAM...a newly discovered track surfaces. [[Mary's "Christmas Song" and DRATS' "For Once In My Life" immediately spring to mind that have been released since the millions of threads claiming that there's nothing left.)
    Speaking of Mary's "Christmas Song" what happened to it?