[REMOVE ADS]

Stevie Wonder to Perform at Nipsey Hussle's Funeral [[Live Stream Now)

Stevie sang "Rocket Love" and Eric Clapton's "Tears In Heaven" as always he did a great job!

This funeral was epic along the lines of Michael Jackson's, Aretha Franklin's and Whitney Houston. There were thousands of people lining the streets of LA to see Nip's procession. May he rest in peace.

Speaking from personal experience...there are two ways for Stevie to show up a ta Los Angeles event, which he fairly frequently does. One is for a request to go through his secretive and layered staff as he and his handlers will question your motives very suspiciously...or he will learn of significant events that he wants to become a part of and has his people arrange his participation...This sounds like the latter...

^ Hmm, that's an interesting thought, Stu.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    ^ Hmm, that's an interesting thought, Stu.
    Yup...that's how he rolls...

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Yup...that's how he rolls...
    I always did think he was a bit calculating. Having spent almost 60 years in the public eye, it shouldn't surprise me.

I always did think he was a bit calculating. Having spent almost 60 years in the public eye, it shouldn't surprise me.
    It surprised me a bit.

Well really..Stevie's life is well managed and his handlers are obsessive almost to a fault...managers, secretaries, drivers, bodyguards, etc... shielding him from a lot of people they believe want something from him. He's also been known to slip out of back doors to avoid people he didn't want to deal with... As for his interests in the societal issues he believes in...he makes himself visible for such events, which is why I was not surprised to see him show up to represent himself for a guy who was increasingly involved in community affairs, gang violence, etc...Stevie often tends to show up at those types of gatherings. Remember...he is dependent on others to plan and coordinate virtually all of his activities, but also, he is always expressing his opinions and involvements in people, issues and events he believes in...I've seen each side of Stevie from both perspectives. Being Stevie necessitates him dealing with the public differently than most other people n the public eye...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 04-12-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Well really..Stevie's life is well managed and his handlers are obsessive almost to a fault...managers, secretaries, drivers, bodyguards, etc... shielding him from a lot of people they believe want something from him. He's also been known to slip out of back doors to avoid people he didn't want to deal with... As for his interests in the societal issues he believes in...he makes himself visible for such events, which is why I was not surprised to see him show up to represent himself for a guy who was increasingly involved in community affairs, gang violence, etc...Stevie often tends to show up at those types of gatherings. Remember...he is dependent on others to plan and coordinate virtually all of his activities, but also, he is always expressing his opinions and involvements in people, issues and events he believes in...I've seen each side of Stevie from both perspectives. Being Stevie necessitates him dealing with the public differently than most other people n the public eye...
    I remember back in 1991 a woman Stevie was dating lived in my mother's neighborhood in Toledo. The lady died from cancer and Stevie came an sang at her funeral and none of us even knew until it was over.

Stevie getting on stage and performing at our Beverly Hills party. Once he starts performing...it's hard to get him off the stage... We couldn't get him off for at least 45 minutes...https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...e7NAMlQC6LB_Qj

Stevie has sung at so many funerals. From Florence Ballard to Nipsey Hussle.

Stevie getting on stage and performing at our Beverly Hills party. Once he starts performing...it's hard to get him off the stage... We couldn't get him off for at least 45 minutes...https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...e7NAMlQC6LB_Qj
    I know what you mean. I went to see him in concert at the Fox in Detroit New Year's Eve 1994-95 and he sang for just a little over 3 HOURS! He was so happy to be performing in Detroit that night. They had Carolyn Crawford set up on this huge elevated stage in the lobby and she performed during an intermission.

Stu, the photos would not open for me.

I still remember Eddie Murphy's joke that if they didn't play the music at the Grammys to get you offstage, Stevie would just continue to give out his speech? Lol

Marv, now that you mention it, wasn't he at Paul Williams' funeral? I imagine he would've been at Tammi Terrell's had Tammi's mom not ban almost everyone from Motown except Marvin...

I still remember Eddie Murphy's joke that if they didn't play the music at the Grammys to get you offstage, Stevie would just continue to give out his speech? Lol

Marv, now that you mention it, wasn't he at Paul Williams' funeral? I imagine he would've been at Tammi Terrell's had Tammi's mom not ban almost everyone from Motown except Marvin...
    I don't remember hearing of Stevie being at Paul Williams funeral. He very well may have attended. I know he and many of the Classic Motown artists attended Eddie Kendricks funeral in Alabama.

Thanks Stu. Does Stevie live out there now? I know he had a home in NJ at one time.

Yeah...always had homes out here. His ex-wife Kai has a gorgeous pad too...

Yeah...always had homes out here. His ex-wife Kai has a gorgeous pad too...
    Stevie has like 20 kids now right? LOL! I know he had a new set of triplets a couple of years ago.

More Stevie... If you noticed...Old friend James Jamerson Jr playing bass [[RIP) and Jack Ashford banging his tambourine ...That was Stevies bodyguard Eric standing over him in the previous video......https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...7T1WgRmN1Mieof
    Last edited by StuBass1; 04-13-2019 at 12:36 AM.