[REMOVE ADS]

Really, I don't hear it at all! If she sampled it Ashford & Simpson should be credited but they are not!

Replay
    Drums, Bass, Keyboards, Guitar, Percussion – Burns [[4)
    Mastered By – Randy Merrill
    Mixed By – Benjamin Rice, Tom Norris [[2)
    Mixed By [Mix Assistant] – E. Scott Kelly*
    Producer – Burns [[4)
    Producer [Vocal Production] – Benjamin Rice
    Recorded By – Benjamin Rice
    Written-By – Bloodpop®*, Lady Gaga, Matthew Burns [[2)

Hmmmmmm, I can’t quite hear it, maybe the [[quite muffled) backing vocal

Nooooooooo way.

Ross’ It’s My House is miles above the Gaga noise.

I've played Lady Gaga's new album at least one hundred times this summer, and have not once picked up on this alleged sample. I don't hear it and I don't think it happened.

The part of "It's My House" that was sampled is the second half of the section where Diana is singing "...it was built for love, ..ove ...ove ...ove". That sample comes in on the hook. Actually that was pretty clever as far as sampling goes. Lady Gaga's song was built on the chord progressions of the second half of the bridge of Diana's song, not the chords of the main groove. I'm sure that when someone thinks of "It's My House" the chord progressions of the main groove is what comes to mind first, least of all only the second half of the bridge. Kudos to the producer[[s) who came up with the idea. And by all means Ashford & Simpson definitely should be credited among the writers and the appropriate writer and publisher royalties should be distributed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by brothadc View Post
    The part of "It's My House" that was sampled is the second half of the section where Diana is singing "...it was built for love, ..ove ...ove ...ove". That sample comes in on the hook. Actually that was pretty clever as far as sampling goes. Lady Gaga's song was built on the chord progressions of the second half of the bridge of Diana's song, not the chords of the main groove. I'm sure that when someone thinks of "It's My House" the chord progressions of the main groove is what comes to mind first, least of all only the second half of the bridge. Kudos to the producer[[s) who came up with the idea. And by all means Ashford & Simpson definitely should be credited among the writers and the appropriate writer and publisher royalties should be distributed accordingly.
    Good post. I can hear it and agree 100%. On the other hand, had I not been forewarned i don’t think I would ever have picked up on it.......That’s for sure lol.

Quote Originally Posted by brothadc View Post
    Wow, impressive. Great knowledge. I can't say I can pick it up even with the explanation.

I humbly admit I was wrong...I can hear the It's My House sample in Lady Gaga's Replay. It's not obvious though, as it was heavily re-worked. Perhaps this was done deliberately, in order to make it almost unrecognizable. Chromatica is an amazing album, but this is definitely the wrong crowd for that. lol.

25 vs 65? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    25 vs 65? Lol
    Speak for yourself dear.

I take pride in the fact that I know the name Lady Gaga although I don’t know any of her songs lol

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I take pride in the fact that I know the name Lady Gaga although I don’t know any of her songs lol
    Being honest, i don’t know to many myself.

Here is a nice video showing how the sampling was done:
    https://twitter.com/RiosMusic_/statu...12379074121731

I'm of her generation lol so I know Gaga songs:

Just Dance
    Paparazzi
    Poker Face
    Bad Romance
    Telephone
    Alejandro
    Born This Way
    Applause
    Rain on Me [[last one being her latest)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    Here is a nice video showing how the sampling was done:
    https://twitter.com/RiosMusic_/statu...12379074121731
    This is amazing! Thanks Jaap! Neat to hear and see how it was done!