[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I feel for Miss Ross, but unfortunately she's just endured what a lot of "common" folks deal with when flying. No surprise to see that Diana's biggest non fan would choose to take shots at her rather than address the problem, which is a problem that many people have complained about. TSA has a notorious reputation for the way they treat people. There are countless news program exposures of some of what goes on in US airports. Recently I watched a surveillance video account on Youtube of a woman who was targeted by TSA because she had previously filed a complaint against them involving breast milk. There's a video on Youtube about the way a four year old with severe health problems was treated by TSA. It might be a tad bit tempting to poke fun at the wealthy celebrity [[especially one known for her diva antics) who finds out that celebrity status doesn't not always exempt one from certain treatment, but to completely invalidate the fact that Diana Ross would be the latest on a list of hundreds of thousands with TSA complaints just drives home the sickness that is the Diana vs Mary wars. Now remove Diana Ross' name from this story, insert Mary Wilson's, and several posts in this thread will suddenly have a different reaction. Stop me when I'm lying.
    I won't be stopping you. Great post. Well said my friend.

I feel for Miss Ross, but unfortunately she's just endured what a lot of "common" folks deal with when flying. No surprise to see that Diana's biggest non fan would choose to take shots at her rather than address the problem, which is a problem that many people have complained about. TSA has a notorious reputation for the way they treat people. There are countless news program exposures of some of what goes on in US airports. Recently I watched a surveillance video account on Youtube of a woman who was targeted by TSA because she had previously filed a complaint against them involving breast milk. There's a video on Youtube about the way a four year old with severe health problems was treated by TSA. It might be a tad bit tempting to poke fun at the wealthy celebrity [[especially one known for her diva antics) who finds out that celebrity status doesn't not always exempt one from certain treatment, but to completely invalidate the fact that Diana Ross would be the latest on a list of hundreds of thousands with TSA complaints just drives home the sickness that is the Diana vs Mary wars. Now remove Diana Ross' name from this story, insert Mary Wilson's, and several posts in this thread will suddenly have a different reaction. Stop me when I'm lying.
    Preach RanRan79 Preach.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Preach RanRan79 Preach.
    Some of the posters here are quite simply filthy, damaged 'people'.

Sadly, this is the only way Diane can get into news these days. Wendy........

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Sadly, this is the only way Diane can get into news these days. Wendy........

You really must have been living under a stone recently if you think that. Or maybe you are just seriously in denial?

She should catch the bus if she thinks she is too good to be searched by the TSA! That's all I'm sayin.......
    That's all your sayin....? So why do you continue to post on this thread if that is all you are sayin?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    That's all your sayin....? So why do you continue to post on this thread if that is all you are sayin?
    As I've said: some of the posters here are simply filthy, immoral ... posters. What else can be said about anyone who finds humor in any woman feeling mistreated in post-#meetoo trump-merica? Will they laugh when it happens to their mother/daughter/sister/wife? My guess is 'yes'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You really must have been living under a stone recently if you think that. Or maybe you are just seriously in denial?
    Pigs gotta dig, 'ya know? Have a sweet apres le dejuner today & we'll talk!

Whatever good PR she may have garnered on the surface for "Motown 60" has been destroyed now. Zero positive comments about her and this "incident".

Some of y'all run up in Mary Wilson threads, knowing that you can't stand her, with the purpose of shading the hell out of her. It's silly and it's juvenile and I wish y'all would stop it. You won't, but a guy can wish. However, what's going on in this thread is just...weird. This cat takes anything Diana Ross related and just turns it into the weirdest stuff. My fear is what Soulful Detroit might look like in the event- hopefully not for many, many, many years- that Diana passes away. This dude is going to dance all on her grave and there will be no escaping it.

Some of y'all run up in Mary Wilson threads, knowing that you can't stand her, with the purpose of shading the hell out of her. It's silly and it's juvenile and I wish y'all would stop it. You won't, but a guy can wish. However, what's going on in this thread is just...weird. This cat takes anything Diana Ross related and just turns it into the weirdest stuff. My fear is what Soulful Detroit might look like in the event- hopefully not for many, many, many years- that Diana passes away. This dude is going to dance all on her grave and there will be no escaping it.

Im told his hate and sick obssession with Diana Ross started because her security had him removed from a concert in the 1980s for taking flash photography. They ask him to stop 3 times and then tossed him out of the concert.As Ive said before I am not a fan of Gladys Knight for reasons im not going to discuss publicly but youll rarely see me posting in Gladys Knight threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Im told his hate and sick obssession with Diana Ross started because her security had him removed from a concert in the 1980s for taking flash photography. They ask him to stop 3 times and then tossed him out of the concert.As Ive said before I am not a fan of Gladys Knight for reasons im not going to discuss publicly but youll rarely see me posting in Gladys Knight threads.
    That's part of the story I heard as well. I wasn't there to see #laughingstock get schooled so I won't relay the rest of the details, but 'get a life' would be good advice.

How exactly was she mistreated by the T S A compared to others? Has that been established? What caused her to be selected by the T S A?
    Someone posted that there is a list of TSA complainants numbering in the hundreds of thousands. Actually, in 2017, although complaints are on the rise, during the first three quarters of 2017, it recorded 6,700 grievances, an 8% increase from the same period a year before. That's a complaint rate of 12.27 per million passengers. NOT hundreds of thousands!

TSA is given the authority by the elected officials of the USA and the Supreme Court. If you don't like it reconsider who you are voting for.

The Supreme Court has never handed down an opinion affirming the right of the TSA to search people in the manner that, under any other circumstance, would be sexual assault. This issue has not been challenged by ANY president.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    How exactly was she mistreated by the T S A compared to others? Has that been established? What caused her to be selected by the T S A?
    Someone posted that there is a list of TSA complainants numbering in the hundreds of thousands. Actually, in 2017, although complaints are on the rise, during the first three quarters of 2017, it recorded 6,700 grievances, an 8% increase from the same period a year before. That's a complaint rate of 12.27 per million passengers. NOT hundreds of thousands!

TSA is given the authority by the elected officials of the USA and the Supreme Court. If you don't like it reconsider who you are voting for.

The Supreme Court has never handed down an opinion affirming the right of the TSA to search people in the manner that, under any other circumstance, would be sexual assault. This issue has not been challenged by ANY president.
    There you have it.......FACTS! The truth of the matter is Miss Ross has never learned how to truly behave in public! As far back as the 1960s when she went on board a flight with a dog in a hat box and then preceded to beat a flight attendant in the head when told she could not keep it on board. She has "problems". There are folks far more famous and wealthier than she that don't act out like that. I have been flying since I was 18 [[approx. 400 flights plus) and have never had a major problem with airport security, TSA or any airline in business now or those that are now defunct. I think Diane is looking for attention, to get her name in the press, but it backfired on her.

She was not mistreated. The video tape showed that the TSA employees followed procedure to the letter.

She was not mistreated. The video tape showed that the TSA employees followed procedure to the letter.
    When the commoners reacted on TMZ with more of a "welcome to the real world" response than a "me too!" movement, Diana back peddled and created a post on facebook that turned the whole thing into a love fest.

The Ross Dress For Less/ fannypack storyline worked much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    When the commoners reacted on TMZ with more of a "welcome to the real world" response than a "me too!" movement, Diana back peddled and created a post on facebook that turned the whole thing into a love fest.

The Ross Dress For Less/ fannypack storyline worked much better.
    She knew her story backfired on her. It reminds me of that restaurant story a few years back. It also made her look like an unmentionable. LOL!

Was a video posted? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I don't think any video was released. TSA said they reviewed a video of the Diana incident and found the agent "followed all protocols."

That said, I haven't flown in years and after seeing this video of how CNN commentator Angela Rye was searched, I don't think I want to.

https://twitter.com/angela_rye/statu...02853853626369

I see... I'm just glad she didn't attack back. We saw what that got her 20 years ago. Since then, no repeats.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I don't think any video was released. TSA said they reviewed a video of the Diana incident and found the agent "followed all protocols."

That said, I haven't flown in years and after seeing this video of how CNN commentator Angela Rye was searched, I don't think I want to.

https://twitter.com/angela_rye/statu...02853853626369
    Of coarse TSA is going to side with their employee or agent. But also said they are still investigating.

No video was publicly posted.

^^ I figured they were still investigating.

She knew her story backfired on her. It reminds me of that restaurant story a few years back. It also made her look like an unmentionable. LOL!
    Well prob take her legal team some time to assemble some sort of complaint. This is a perfect opportunity for a celebrity to add additional focus on TSA alleged abuse. Maybe she can testify in front of congress for the good of humankind. Especially now since she has already retailed her complaint via social media. That’s the first step.

Well prob take her legal team some time to assemble some sort of complaint. This is a perfect opportunity for a celebrity to add additional focus on TSA alleged abuse. Maybe she can testify in front of congress for the good of humankind. Especially now since she has already retailed her complaint via social media. That’s the first step.
    Whoaaa! Wait a minute. Diana Ross, for the good of humankind? Really? LOL!!!!

Seriously she should. Although the rate of complaints is somewhat low compared to total passengers, even one violation is too many. She felt violated, so she is in a position to bring abt awareness to facilitate chg. Celebrities have power in todays social media.

Celebrities used to really stand for something. Few do any good these days but yeah someone should spread awareness about that.

Seriously she should. Although the rate of complaints is somewhat low compared to total passengers, even one violation is too many. She felt violated, so she is in a position to bring abt awareness to facilitate chg. Celebrities have power in todays social media.
    Of course she felt violated. It reminds me of that old joke about her from back in the day. [[Diana Ross singing) "Ain't No Mountain High Enough.........to keep YOU away from Me!" LOL!!!!

Celebrities used to really stand for something. Few do any good these days but yeah someone should spread awareness about that.
    My question is, is the uncomfortable moments for a few worth more than the overall safety of the public at large? When I was a kid, I hated going to the dentist, but if I did not go through that unpleasant experience then, I may not have teeth now!

[QUOTE=midnightman;514991]Celebrities used to really stand for something. Few do any good these days but yeah someone should spread awareness about that.[/QUOTE
    You are right. Interestingly, human trafficking barely is addressed by celebrities. But Ashton Kushner has testified before Congress.
    There are a couple of amazing TSA agents in Houston who possess comical personalities to keep the line moving and ease the agony and it works!!
    Anyway off subject.

[QUOTE=detmotownguy;514998]
    Celebrities used to really stand for something. Few do any good these days but yeah someone should spread awareness about that.[/QUOTE
    You are right. Interestingly, human trafficking barely is addressed by celebrities. But Ashton Kushner has testified before Congress.
    There are a couple of amazing TSA agents in Houston who possess comical personalities to keep the line moving and ease the agony and it works!!
    Anyway off subject.
    TSA are not the bad guys in this situation.

If anyone feels they are violated they have the right to file a complaint. So many people would walk away because they don't want to make waves. I applaud Diana and those who say not any more.

Sure glad people did not assume that attitude when fighting for a cause such as Civil Rights, However, at this point it would be useless for her to advance her complaint because it seems there was no violation based on the tapes.

Sure glad people did not assume that attitude when fighting for a cause such as Civil Rights, However, at this point it would be useless for her to advance her complaint because it seems there was no violation based on the tapes.
    She wasn't violated. The TSA followed the established procedures they use with everyone. That is her real problem!

[QUOTE=marv2;515204]

TSA are not the bad guys in this situation.
    It's the trash talkers like TMZ and you that are the bad guys; way too much BS.

TMZ still talks about DIANA ROSS because it's business/...TMZ knows that, after all this time, DIANA ROSS SELLS!! ..still... $$$$ sho [[nuf) biz nus

She wasn't violated. The TSA followed the established procedures they use with everyone. That is her real problem!
    Your real problem shouldnt be bi*ching about Diana Ross your problem should be getting all your friends together and buyin some tickets for your precious Mary Wilson. Shes playing this Saturdayn night and needs a real big boost in ticket sales. Its harldly 1/3 sold and If I lived in the New York area id be taking friends top see Dr Reeves.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0000556FD6925CFF

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    TMZ still talks about DIANA ROSS because it's business/...TMZ knows that, after all this time, DIANA ROSS SELLS!! ..still... $$$$ sho [[nuf) biz nus
    TMZ does not need Diane.....she needs them. She needs any press or media attention.

TMZ does not need Diane.....she needs them. She needs any press or media attention.
    It didn't work last time, so why would she think it will work this time. She looks so foolish. It made her want to cry. Good grief!

No one needs TMZ, it's pure filth, I don't care if you're Diana Ross or Britney Spears.

It didn't work last time, so why would she think it will work this time. She looks so foolish. It made her want to cry. Good grief!
    This is what Martha Reeves says here regarding Diana Ross being "violated":

“I don’t have a place in my mind for things like that,” she shared. “That means I can’t hear or see what she said, I go through security myself and I have never encountered anything like that. If I see evil coming, I start praying. So I don’t have encounters like that so I don’t want to think of that.”

“This is not the first instance she’s had with security,” Reeves said, recalling Ross’ 1999 dustup at Heathrow Airport, which ended up with “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” singer arrested for assaulting a female security officer.

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...qi4-story.html
    Last edited by marv2; 05-10-2019 at 12:14 AM.

This is what Martha Reeves says here regarding Diana Ross being "violated":

“I don’t have a place in my mind for things like that,” she shared. “That means I can’t hear or see what she said, I go through security myself and I have never encountered anything like that. If I see evil coming, I start praying. So I don’t have encounters like that so I don’t want to think of that.”

“This is not the first instance she’s had with security,” Reeves said, recalling Ross’ 1999 dustup at Heathrow Airport, which ended up with “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” singer arrested for assaulting a female security officer.

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...qi4-story.html
    She was actually arrested? Was it verbal or physical assault?

She was actually arrested? Was it verbal or physical assault?
    No, she was not arrested, but detained.

Since Diana Ross is the only person to ever complain, and thus TSA is this uber trustworthy entity that never does any wrong...