[REMOVE ADS]

top 5 moments that shook the DRATS forum in 2019

5. Diamond Diana [[as a whole)
    4. Diana's inappropriate poke during a concert
    3. Mary getting voted off DWTS
    2. Mary's countless interviews
    1. Supreme Glamour

What's yours before the new year begins?
    Last edited by IMissFlo93; 12-28-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Thread's lost all value. Deleting post.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 12-30-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Don't forget Diana turning 75 and making her party a Hollywood event [[attended by Berry Gordy) [[performance by Stevie Wonder) .... [[ and most amusing moment : Tracy Ross suddenly putting Beyonce on the spot to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY even though Robin Thicke had already been asked to so and was standing right there ready to go! ... lol!)
    That's why I included "Diamond Diana [[as a whole)" on the number 5 spot.

...yes , I broke it down some

her UK tour announcement would be another ...

What jobete said about Marv another attempt to start trouble. Apparently he doesn’t read all of the posters including Ralph who like Marv and his knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    What jobete said about Marv another attempt to start trouble. Apparently he doesn’t read all of the posters including Ralph who like Marv and his knowledge.
    Simply the truth bud; your entitled to your own opinion and I have mine

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBirf4BWew

I see the kids are at it as always.

Nothing whatsoever posted here during the year was ... 'shook'.

Diana at Glastonbury.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Nothing whatsoever posted here during the year was ... 'shook'.
    Lol I agree

But the provocative question was what moved the Forum [[a quite sheltered place) - and I gave it a fair answer

Don’t you think?

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    I see the kids are at it as always.
    You are always quick to come out in defence of Marv yet when he is spewing his bile and hatred you are nowhere to be seen. That says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You are always quick to come out in defence of Marv yet when he is spewing his bile and hatred you are nowhere to be seen. That says it all.
    This poor guy has a fair coterie of passive-agressive hiding behind him because they're too cowardly to do the job themselves.

When did I mentioned Marv? Marv hasn’t commented on here and yet some of you made sure bring his name up. But since the topic was brought up let me add this. Hypocrisy runs high on this board. You Blue and a few of your cohorts have no problem calling Marv out for his full of it comments against Diana [[ and I do think the bulk of what he says is bull) but in same breath turn around and do the same thing against Mary. This childish behavior has happened too many times to count and I’m sure it will keep on going. That’s my opinion. And if you don’t like it. You can always hit the ignore button.?

When did I mentioned Marv? Marv hasn’t commented on here and yet some of you made sure bring his name up. But since the topic was brought up let me add this. Hypocrisy runs high on this board. You Blue and a few of your cohorts have no problem calling Marv out for his full of it comments against Diana [[ and I do think the bulk of what he says is bull) but in same breath turn around and do the same thing against Mary. This childish behavior has happened too many times to count and I’m sure it will keep on going. That’s my opinion. And if you don’t like it. You can always hit the ignore button.?
    Agree, the obsession with Marv and bashing Marv is disturbing. He is the poster who is most frequently attacked -- sometimes veiled and sometimes obvious -- but I have only ever seen him attack Ross. I am not aware of Marv attacking other posters.

Maybe in 2020 everyone can chill out and ACTUALLY ignore comments -- as well as use the ignore button. There is so much information, so many thoughtful opinions and great humor at this board that I can't imagine wasting my time here on someone's foolishness.

Happy New Year!

It's funny how some people rush to defend poor marv, but you don't hear them getting outraged when this brainless guy tries to ruin everything about Diana with his stupid remarks.

Happy New Year
    Last edited by Albator; 12-30-2019 at 12:05 PM.

I can ask the same thing when certain individuals do the same about Mary. I’ll wait for your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    It's funny how some people rush to defend poor marv, but you don't hear them getting outraged when this brainless guy tries to ruin everything about Diana with his stupid remarks.

Happy New Year

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Agree, the obsession with Marv and bashing Marv is disturbing. He is the poster who is most frequently attacked -- sometimes veiled and sometimes obvious -- but I have only ever seen him attack Ross. I am not aware of Marv attacking other posters.

Maybe in 2020 everyone can chill out and ACTUALLY ignore comments -- as well as use the ignore button. There is so much information, so many thoughtful opinions and great humor at this board that I can't imagine wasting my time here on someone's foolishness.

Happy New Year!
    Marv has personally attacked me just for stating an opinion. Calling me stupid and ignorant!

Happy New Year!
    Marv has personally attacked me just for stating an opinion. Calling me stupid, dumb, ignorant, etc
    Last edited by vgalindo; 12-30-2019 at 02:34 PM.

I love it!!! The entire post is spot on. And BG anybody who pays attention to what is posted in the forum and by whom, recognizes that you are certainly one of the impartial posters, calling out the ridicule of both Mary and Diana equally. I've seen you do it for the couple years I've participated in this forum, including calling Marv out by name and having Marv come at you as a result. You were attacked in this thread because you called the posts as you saw them: kids being kids. Keep up the good work!

Happy New Year!
    And that's usually the distinction: Marv's nasty posts are usually [[but not always, I too have been attacked by Marv on occasion) attacks against Diana, which is really weird and disturbing. The others attack him personally for attacking her instead of "attacking" his opinion, and you do that by firing back facts. Marv usually spouts off stuff about Diana Ross that he either made up or heard through some second hand [[third, fourth and fifth) source. Sometimes what he says isn't even worth responding to, while other times it's actually quite amusing when he says something ridiculous that can easily be debunked by a sourced fact. Does he cross a line? Absolutely, like this year when he pretty much wished Diana a broken hip. That was sick and over the top. But it's equally as sick that some screen names are obsessed with him, going so far as to mention him in threads he isn't even active in. As much as Marv obviously eats, sleeps and drinks Diana Ross, some who criticize him are guilty of eating, sleeping and drinking Marv. And then they get angry about his Ross attacks and attack Mary in turn, claiming she's fair game.

There's a psychiatric component to the entire mess.

Happy New Year
    Why should anybody be outraged regarding anything he says about Diana? Especially considering that every win Diana has in life- and trust, she's still winning even at this stage of the game- burns him up? No one in this forum should ever be attacked for their negative opinions regarding any celebrity [[within reason, of course). Marv has his defenders just like other posters have theirs. There is a lot of hypocrisy spreading throughout the forum, neither side has room for finger pointing.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Marv has personally attacked me just for stating an opinion. Calling me stupid, dumb, ignorant, etc
    I believe it. I've had the same thing happen to me before with him and I light his ass up as a result and I back your right to do the same V. There are some on here who believe Marv can do no wrong. He's no angel, same as the rest of us...well, the rest of y'all, since I'm obviously the most angelic member of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    He has indeed, and many others as well. I've gone on full ignore.

Guys, let's remember the time of year it is. With all going on in politics and the world in general, we don't need to create arguments where none exist.

Look, I know Marv can be abrasive at times and his blind spot is definitely Diane. I think I have called Marv out on this in the past at times. For example when he was comparing Diane's looks to someone else [[it must have been Mary though I don't remember exactly at the moment), he used the photo of her as a starved child from her first album as the point of comparison. Obviously, that wasn't a glamour photo and I told Marv he was comparing "apples to oranges."

Marv isn't one to usually acknowledge he might have been wrong or unfair in one of his judgments, but he has never insulted or bashed me in any way, even when I have criticized him for getting personal or unfair regarding Diane. I consider him an SDF friend.

And from posts from several years ago, and from YouTube and other places, it seems to me that Marv has really held back. Yes, he does create some drama but the vitriol doesn't seem to be there as it did in the past.

Anyway, I guess when you gain notoriety for one reason or another, people start ascribing things to you that you might have said or did. That seems to be the case here, in a thread that Marv didn't even participate in.

Let's try and get back to the business of the music as we end 2019. [[I, for one, am glad to see this year come to a close...for reasons only my buddy Gary knows...!)

And Happy New Year to Marv, and everyone.
    Last edited by kenneth; 12-30-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Diana's Diamond jubilee
    Mary and Diana's 75th birthday
    Mary on DWTS
    Supreme Glamour
    When it was revealed Mary and Flo are in fact on Stop in the name of love WITH the Andantes

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Guys, let's remember the time of year it is. With all going on in politics and the world in general, we don't need to create arguments where none exist.

Look, I know Marv can be abrasive at times and his blind spot is definitely Diane. I think I have called Marv out on this in the past at times. For example when he was comparing Diane's looks to someone else [[it must have been Mary though I don't remember exactly at the moment), he used the photo of her as a starved child from her first album as the point of comparison. Obviously, that wasn't a glamour photo and I told Marv he was comparing "apples to oranges."

Marv isn't one to usually acknowledge he might have been wrong or unfair in one of his judgments, but he has never insulted or bashed me in any way, even when I have criticized him for getting personal or unfair regarding Diane. I consider him an SDF friend.

And from posts from several years ago, and from YouTube and other places, it seems to me that Marv has really held back. Yes, he does create some drama but the vitriol doesn't seem to be there as it did in the past.

Anyway, I guess when you gain notoriety for one reason or another, people start ascribing things to you that you might have said or did. That seems to be the case here, in a thread that Marv didn't even participate in.

Let's try and get back to the business of the music as we end 2019. [[I, for one, am glad to see this year come to a close...for reasons only my buddy Gary knows...!)

And Happy New Year to Marv, and everyone.
    Don't worry, Kenny. Your 2020 will be better. It sure couldn't get any worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Don't worry, Kenny. Your 2020 will be better. It sure couldn't get any worse!
    From your lips to God's ears, one hopes!

I can ask the same thing when certain individuals do the same about Mary. I’ll wait for your answer.
    Not one person in this here forum had attacked Miss Mary Wilson with the kind of viciousness and lies and bile and hatred as that viper has used against Diana Ross and before I take that back Ill add to it.

Agree with Ms Roberta

And clearly, while it doesn’t matter a bit, this is the issue on the Forum - no matter where you fall on it

ill Remember that the next time someone on here says that mary will be performing at an Olive Garden or tries to minimize her shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Not one person in this here forum had attacked Miss Mary Wilson with the kind of viciousness and lies and bile and hatred as that viper has used against Diana Ross and before I take that back Ill add to it.

Hey a new year is coming up and with all the problems in the world and the idiot in the White House, can’t we all be a little friendlier to each other.

In order to do that, I’ll have to read Willson’s topic, and I don’t.
    Last edited by Albator; 12-31-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Then you have no room to talk
    In order to do that, I’ll have to read Willson’s topic, and I don’t.

ill Remember that the next time someone on here says that mary will be performing at an Olive Garden or tries to minimize her shows.
    You do that. I don't think comments such as that are as unpleasant as wishing an injury on Diana or laughing when someone attempts to assault her on stage. Perhaps you do? However we are about to go into a new decade and i am happy to wipe the slate clean and hope for better things in 2020, but i am pretty sure i know who will be the first to break this uneasy alliance. I will be the first to hold up my hands if i am proven to be wrong. Let us all keep our fingers crossed.
    Happy New Year to everyone, and best wishes for 2020.

Then you have no room to talk
    Take care of Marv sweet honey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You do that. I don't think comments such as that are as unpleasant as wishing an injury on Diana or laughing when someone attempts to assault her on stage. Perhaps you do? However we are about to go into a new decade and i am happy to wipe the slate clean and hope for better things in 2020, but i am pretty sure i know who will be the first to break this uneasy alliance. I will be the first to hold up my hands if i am proven to be wrong. Let us all keep our fingers crossed.
    Happy New Year to everyone, and best wishes for 2020.
    Exactly. He says awful hateful things about Diana Ross. I never hear people wishing Ill will on Mary Wilson. Yes people do make remarks about Mary but I haven’t heard them calling her a corpse and other such vile things he says about Diana.

If you have something to say to me...say it directly.

Can you imagine if you worked with someone 50 years ago and they were still talking about you?

Go find a former associate from 1970 and write an entire book about that. Do you understand how insane that is? Diana rarely mentions Mary, it is Mary, who has continued this stupidity and I say again, for 50 years!

I have seen Mary Live many times and met her in 2008. She is a great performer and I can separate her crazy obession with Diana. I do that, because she is part of the Supremes and the Motown legacy. You are NOT, so your one-sided opinions on the matter are completely irrelevant.

If you hate Diana Ross, how can you possibly enjoy any of the 60s Supremes songs? It makes no sense. Motown music brings me joy and I am sad that you [[and the other multiple personalities) on here cannot find your own joy in some of the greatest music ever recorded.

Happy 2020 🎉

Let me put on my reading glasses. First off I never said once that I agreed to what Marv has said and I have called him out on it. Second it seems to me that some of you got triggered with the comments I made so I know I hit a nerve. since I been on this board I never made any inappropriate comments about any former Supreme. How many on this thread can say the same. So are we going to have another year of Marv said this and Marv said that. Some of you sound like my niece tattling on her sister. That’s my opinion and of course I’ll wait for the smart ass replies because you just can’t drop it.

Let me put on my reading glasses. First off I never said once that I agreed to what Marv has said and I have called him out on it. Second it seems to me that some of you got triggered with the comments I made so I know I hit a nerve. since I been on this board I never made any inappropriate comments about any former Supreme. How many on this thread can say the same. So are we going to have another year of Marv said this and Marv said that. Some of you sound like my niece tattling on her sister. That’s my opinion and of course I’ll wait for the smart ass replies because you just can’t drop it.
    What I stated about Mary is Fact. She is not in demand and has ridden Diana's back her entire solo career. Facts.

This board is actually named... DIANA ROSS and the Supremes, not Mary Wilson and the Supremes.
    Get your reading glasses on and read the top of the page [[that is my smart ass portion of the post for your consumption)

I could careless whether you have personally said anything derogatory about anyone. You are complicit in his behavior. You enable it, as Blue, so correctly stated.

I have no desire to attack Mary's appearance or personal life. Her career is only a topic when your "friend" attempts to create comparisons. We all know that is a pointless conversation...the public, record sales, ticket sales, tv appearances, awards etc make any arguement completley ridiculous.

Diana is a Star of the highest magnitude [[Clive Davis quote). No one and I mean No one in the music or entertainment business has said anything close to that about any of the other Supremes. These are all facts and I live in reality. I invite you to join me in that reality.

Motown Gold needs to come around and speak more often - great clarity

I haven’t got much issue with blackguy69 - absolutely no comparison with what that other poster bleats.

If The other poster stops, there will be next to no negative comments about any other Supreme - I think we all feel some empathy for them having to work with Diana and Berry

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Motown Gold needs to come around and speak more often - great clarity

I haven’t got much issue with blackguy69 - absolutely no comparison with what that other poster bleats.

If The other poster stops, there will be next to no negative comments about any other Supreme - I think we all feel some empathy for them having to work with Diana and Berry
    No he/she doesn't. What that person needs to do is post under their better known screen name instead of flooding the forum with these multiple aliases. He/she attacked BG, as others did before him/her, for no good reason except because BG called it like it is and said the kids were being themselves. If Marv never posts another word about Diana again, there will be some who will still throw daggers at Mary. If you can't knock down Marv's "misinformation" without throwing out at Mary, something is wrong. That's an excuse to say what you want about Mary anyway.

And while I recognize that I am not BG and this fight isn't necessarily my own, I'm going to take a page out of my dear friend Roberta's book. I always get a good laugh whenever she reposts Marv's post about how he doesn't go into most Diana Ross threads, even though he somehow finds himself in most Diana Ross threads. So I'm going to produce my own receipts to combat the blatant lies that have been told on Blackguy69. And here we go:

11-30-2019, 02:38 PM #81
    blackguy69

I trust the claim Circa made about Mary as much as I would trust a claim Marv would make about Diana.

11-30-2019, 11:43 PM #84
    blackguy69

The way both sides argue it sounds more like a bunch of jr high school girls arguing over who said what . Which really makes me wonder what’s really true and what’s really full of it.

05-05-2019, 06:58 PM #23
    blackguy69

Marv why are you even commenting on here knowing good and well you don’t like Diana Ross. Are you that jealous or envious of here. If not then if I were you I’d make a quiet exit from this thread.

07-03-2019, 07:06 AM #3
    blackguy69

Marv I don’t know what’s wrong with you.

02-11-2018, 09:54 PM #11
    blackguy69

Marv sometimes you just need to zip your lip. You are part of the problem.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And that was a quick, non exhaustive search of the forum. One person lied on this dude and then some of y'all followed it up with more lies knowing damn well that you've seen BG take Marv to task on his Diana envy before. And I'm sure no one will have the balls to say "okay, got this one wrong", but I hope my post stands in glaring contrast to the lies and who told them.

Quote Originally Posted by MotownGold View Post
    If you hate Diana Ross, how can you possibly enjoy any of the 60s Supremes songs? It makes no sense.
    It reminds me of an interview Diana Ross gave to Barbara Walters where she said, "It's my voice on the records," in a very exasperated way.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    And while I recognize that I am not BG and this fight isn't necessarily my own, I'm going to take a page out of my dear friend Roberta's book. I always get a good laugh whenever she reposts Marv's post about how he doesn't go into most Diana Ross threads, even though he somehow finds himself in most Diana Ross threads. So I'm going to produce my own receipts to combat the blatant lies that have been told on Blackguy69. And here we go:

11-30-2019, 02:38 PM #81
    blackguy69

I trust the claim Circa made about Mary as much as I would trust a claim Marv would make about Diana.

11-30-2019, 11:43 PM #84
    blackguy69

The way both sides argue it sounds more like a bunch of jr high school girls arguing over who said what . Which really makes me wonder what’s really true and what’s really full of it.

05-05-2019, 06:58 PM #23
    blackguy69

Marv why are you even commenting on here knowing good and well you don’t like Diana Ross. Are you that jealous or envious of here. If not then if I were you I’d make a quiet exit from this thread.

07-03-2019, 07:06 AM #3
    blackguy69

Marv I don’t know what’s wrong with you.

02-11-2018, 09:54 PM #11
    blackguy69

Marv sometimes you just need to zip your lip. You are part of the problem.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And that was a quick, non exhaustive search of the forum. One person lied on this dude and then some of y'all followed it up with more lies knowing damn well that you've seen BG take Marv to task on his Diana envy before. And I'm sure no one will have the balls to say "okay, got this one wrong", but I hope my post stands in glaring contrast to the lies and who told them.
    I had trouble understanding this until I realized BG wasn't Berry Gordy - but was Blackguy.

What you said makes sense; most people on here are reasonable sorts.

Ran once again I have to thank you. Now i hope we can have a good New Years and start fresh.

I want to apologize for the Mary comment[[s). I went after her, out of anger at him. It will not happen again.

BG. I am also sorry for dragging your name into this and being a smartass. I hope you can accept my apology.

I said what I was feeling at the time and from many years of seeing derogatory comments. Getting it out seemed like a good idea at the time, but it honestly didn't make me feel any better.

I don't even wish ill will towards Marv. I only wish he would stop and think before he posts. A lesson I just learned

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I had trouble understanding this until I realized BG wasn't Berry Gordy - but was Blackguy.

What you said makes sense; most people on here are reasonable sorts.
    Oh Rob, I was talking about Berry Gordy.

You have more faith in the reasonableness of the forum than I do. Happy new year, btw!

Ran once again I have to thank you. Now i hope we can have a good New Years and start fresh.
    No prob BG. I just hate to see someone ganged up on and accused of something that was blatantly untrue and I used the Roberta Rule to at least have a record that stands alongside the lies. Hopefully 2020 will be a lack of drama year for the forum. Time will tell.