[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Famed NASA Mathematician, Katherine Johnson Receives Presidential Medal of Freedom From President Barack Obama in 2015 at 97 Years-Old.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  21.1 KB
    That's "Baloney"! That study is purely based on statistics, rather than biology and physiology. It is just based on better communication these days, leading to discovering that there are more people reaching a slightly higher age than we had previously thought. There is a natural limit based on the slowing down and [[theoretically) the eventual stopping of replication of cells in Humans. Why do you think that tortoises can live over 200 years, and dogs and cats can only reach late teens or maybe around 20 years, while some insects can only live a few days?

Currently, WITHOUT intervention by doctors, related to replacing cells and organs, there is a physical limit. Maybe it is about 120, rather than 115. But, there IS a limit, if left to nature and the person, him/herself, alone. With cell replacement, perhaps some time over the next 50 years, it may become possible to keep most people alive for thousands of years. But, we aren't quite there yet. And it will only be available to the very rich, at first, making an even more inequitable society.

Would it really be a good thing to do? The World has had way too many Humans for the last 100 years. Imagine this entire planet covered with so many human bodies than no one could move, and we couldn't see the ground or the ocean water [[covered with boats cramped full with people!).
    Last edited by robb_k; 02-29-2020 at 04:07 PM.

^^^ John Brunner's "Stand on Zanzibar", published in 1968, dealt with this scenario of an over-populated world. It was good enough to win the Hugo Award. Not an easy read because of its structure, but worth the effort.

Psalm 91:10-16

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
    11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
    12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
    13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
    14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
    15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
    16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

106-year-old Curley Bunfill says he's not worried about coronavirus, not with all he's lived through. It includes the 1918 flu pandemic, Great Depression, and WWII...

Quote Originally Posted by MusicWise View Post
    106-year-old Curley Bunfill says he's not worried about coronavirus, not with all he's lived through. It includes the 1918 flu pandemic, Great Depression, and WWII...

In another thread, a black woman churchgoer in Detroit reached that same milestone today.