[REMOVE ADS]

Presenting The Four Tops New Lead Singer.....Alex Morris!

It's hard replacing a legend...very hard!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    In the case of the Four Tops, it is virtually impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    And pointless, really. The Faux Tops, if you ask me.

The Faux Tops indeed!

They will always be legit as long as the Duke is around........

Alex is a pastor, no less!

http://picdeer.com/pastor_j.alex_morris

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Alex is a pastor, no less!

http://picdeer.com/pastor_j.alex_morris
    I believe Duke's oldest son is also a Minister. I know Duke's cousin is a physician in Detroit.

Generally these groups are gone; some of the faux groups are decent; I guess many people, at least many fans, would prefer they just call it a day

I agree... but i guess as long as Duke and Otis are alive, they're carrying the torch for The Tops and Tempts... although for me really, these groups aren't the same.
    I was fortunate enough to see both Groups at Wembley Arena in 1992 when I was 17 years old.

with Spike in the lead, they sounded so, so good.......

Duke is amazing and he and the Tops deserve our respect and support IMO

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Duke is amazing and he and the Tops deserve our respect and support IMO
    I totally agree. They still put on quality shows!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Generally these groups are gone; some of the faux groups are decent; I guess many people, at least many fans, would prefer they just call it a day
    I'd be more inclined to see an act such as Supreme Reflections which at least bills itself as a tribute. These repopulated groups are a money grab and nothing else.

Can't help but wonder if this was a real recent or unexpected change; funny to see the Four Tops in non-matching suits. I'm guessing whomever left wasn't quite the same size as the new lead singer.

I think they sound great and as long as Duke is with the group, the Four Tops live on. Good for him for still hitting the road. Wishing him many more years of health.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Can't help but wonder if this was a real recent or unexpected change; funny to see the Four Tops in non-matching suits. I'm guessing whomever left wasn't quite the same size as the new lead singer.

I think they sound great and as long as Duke is with the group, the Four Tops live on. Good for him for still hitting the road. Wishing him many more years of health.
    Well said dear Mary.

I admire both duke and otis for keeping the legacy alive,we all want to remember things as they were,myself included but we all age and either retire or die,although as someone said both groups are gone long ago as the ones we grew up listening to,but when you love doing something as these great legends do then dammit you keep going-of course for myself and most here nobody can replace levi or eddie-david-paul-melvin-dennis-lawrence-obie,but as long as one original member is there we still have a glance at how it used to be-god bless the four tops and temptations for still carrying on!

Duke is actually standing up. Can't believe that shocks me. He's been having a stool for a couple years which throws me off. How could that happen?

As I said on the other thread, I was still at school my first concert in the late 60's, never did I think then The Four Tops would become such an important part of my life, the last 8 years I have not caught every visit to the UK, as others have said One Special Guy can never be replaced, if one further member should have to leave! then I think it is time just to keep the Memories of so many Special Years!

I wonder if this will take the group in a new direction. Perhaps Gospel? Alex is very openly a man of God.

Wait, didn't they just have another lead singer not too long ago???

@lucabella, nah too late for that. Once Duke's gone, there is no more Four Tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    Duke is actually standing up. Can't believe that shocks me. He's been having a stool for a couple years which throws me off. How could that happen?
    Maybe surgery? I mean he is 83...

That said, I commend him for keeping it up and the Four Tops going as long as he can.