[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    My favorite remake by Etta James [[with gender switch):

Both versions recorded at Muscle Shoal's Fame studios.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    My favorite remake by Etta James [[with gender switch):

Both versions recorded at Muscle Shoal's Fame studios.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  21.1 KB
    I've always liked Etta James' version better. But the one you uploaded here wasn't her hit 45 version. This one was slightly different vocal, and mix, too. This one is sharper and cleaner. But, I like the one I grew up with, that was played on WVON, KGFJ, and WDIA.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 222
    I've always liked Etta James' version better. But the one you uploaded here wasn't her hit 45 version. This one was slightly different vocal, and mix, too. This one is sharper and cleaner. But, I like the one I grew up with, that was played on WVON, KGFJ, and WDIA.
    Wow...I thought that posted stereo version sounded different than what I heard before.. Anyhow, here is the mono mix:

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Wow...I thought that posted stereo version sounded different than what I heard before.. Anyhow, here is the mono mix:

Views: 177
    After listening to both versions back-to-back, I can't hear a difference in the vocal. It's only the stereo vs. mono difference, and the mix- the stereo version is much cleaner, and sharper. That makes a big difference in the way the song sounds.