[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    honest man Guest
    What a great song ,thanks for post would love this album on cd,please.Tom any luck on our Originals song,cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    What a great song ,thanks for post would love this album on cd,please.Tom any luck on our Originals song,cheers.
    Hey, honest man, you're right, it is a brilliant track! Would love C.P.'s album to finally get a release too.

Unfortunately I am still waiting for John to upload the video... it's been a week now but I'm sure he'll get it done!! I might make another comment to see how progress is coming along.....

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hey, honest man, you're right, it is a brilliant track! Would love C.P.'s album to finally get a release too.

Unfortunately I am still waiting for John to upload the video... it's been a week now but I'm sure he'll get it done!! I might make another comment to see how progress is coming along.....
    You're a star.

You're a star.
    Haa... thanks h-man... I just hope John pulls through...!

BAD NEWS, y'all! John has had something of a setback!!! His computer is broken [[I recommended turning it on and off again but turning it on and off is the actual problem... lol) so expect the video sometime next month. Just a few more weeks...

BAD NEWS, y'all! John has had something of a setback!!! His computer is broken [[I recommended turning it on and off again but turning it on and off is the actual problem... lol) so expect the video sometime next month. Just a few more weeks...
    Well, dang!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Well, dang!
    DANG indeed, Gary!

DANG indeed, Gary!
    What's a guy to do, Tom? Ya wait and wait and what do ya get? More waiting! Ha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    What's a guy to do, Tom? Ya wait and wait and what do ya get? More waiting! Ha!!!
    Haaa... very true, Gary!!

I would say "I can't wait" to hear it but it looks like I have no choice!!!

honest man Guest
    Tom keep us updated, cheers

Tom keep us updated, cheers
    Will do, h-man

honest man Guest
    What a lovely song can we have these 2 songs and more Originals on cd soooooooooooooooooooooooooon please.Tomtom if you post comments on YT [ i don't] would you ask the poster if he could post A side i feel we may be getting so close to hearing it,cheers.
    Afternoon T Tom did you ever get this post on YT ,hope you well mate.cheers.

Afternoon T Tom did you ever get this post on YT ,hope you well mate.cheers.
    Hi hman, I'm good, hope you are too. It must have been months since I last checked, oops! I don't think John has uploaded anything though otherwise I would have got a notification. I shall leave another comment with him!!!! We're sooooo close, lol

honest man Guest
    Will do, h-man
    TOM any luck yet,cheers.

TOM any luck yet,cheers.
    Hi hman, unfortunately not yet.

I just posted a reply to John though so hopefully his computer is fixed and he’ll be able to upload that track.

I am slightly losing the will with this now though, LOL

honest man Guest
    Fingers Crossed,Tom never lose the will anything Motown Related,LOL.

Fingers Crossed,Tom never lose the will anything Motown Related,LOL.
    Yes indeed hman! I think we’re nearly there...

John is getting a new computer built for him or something... should be soon hopefully... sigh... lol

I uploaded "Say It Like The Children" to YouTube:

Great to hear that - nice one for its time. Like CP's voice and seems Marvin Gaye'ish in parts of this sing. Thanls for posting.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  21.1 KB
    I agree that neither C.P. Spencer's solo Soul 45, nor his solo L.P. were released on vinyl. if they had been, I'd have seen them inside Motown, in The Motown and Jobete Music Record Files, and, more importantly, I'd have bought them, or gotten a copy from inside. I never saw either. I do remember seeing the L.P. on a list, but never even saw a mock-up of the cover, nor a listing of its planned songs. So, I doubt that C.P. even recorded that many solo cuts. It seemed that that project got cancelled during its early stages. He certainly had a beautiful voice, as can be heard in his Big Top and JAM solo singles, as Spencer Stirling.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Great to hear that - nice one for its time. Like CP's voice and seems Marvin Gaye'ish in parts of this sing. Thanls for posting.
    That might be why the record was shelved! Motown couldn’t have two Marvin Gayes on their roster, never mind promote two Marvin Gayes. As enjoyable as “Still Holdin’ On” is, I don’t see it having gone further than a minor R&B hit and maybe a “Soul Train” appearance for CP, which was unacceptable for Motown at the time.