[REMOVE ADS]

Sisters Love - Available later today at Dusty Groove

Dusty Groove advised me that they have received their order of Sisters Love CDs, so it will be up on their site and for sale between 7.00 p.m. and 8.00 p.m. Chicago time [[one hour behind New York for our foreign friends!).

It's going to be on sale for $10.99

Forgive the shameless plug but I'm really happy with this CD.

Paul / Reel Music / P&C Records

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered it.

Thumbs up

Thanks Paul, ordered it, appreciate the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by sbpg636999 View Post
    Dusty Groove advised me that they have received their order of Sisters Love CDs, so it will be up on their site and for sale between 7.00 p.m. and 8.00 p.m. Chicago time [[one hour behind New York for our foreign friends!).

It's going to be on sale for $10.99

Forgive the shameless plug but I'm really happy with this CD.

Paul / Reel Music / P&C Records
    I ordered a copy as well. At ne time, Cds by Sisters Love were hard to come by.

Just ordered mine. First cd I've wanted to buy online in over a year...

Hallelujah day has arrived. I've tried them and I love them.
    The Sisters Love "With Love" arrived today. Listened to the cd once, glanced through the booklet but plan to give it a more thorough reading. Great stuff!
    Thank you Paul, Rudy , Keith, John et al.

I'd be interested in knowing your opinions of the sound quality of this CD. I have the "Sisters" CD on Soul Jazz and am less than thrilled with some of the audio. Especially disappointing is "I'm Learning To Trust My Man." Would welcome your comments as they will help me decide whether to order this CD. Thanks.

I ordered two copies cos I have 2 ears and I'll be able to hear it in stereo!

Quote Originally Posted by mowest View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing your opinions of the sound quality of this CD. I have the "Sisters" CD on Soul Jazz and am less than thrilled with some of the audio. Especially disappointing is "I'm Learning To Trust My Man." Would welcome your comments as they will help me decide whether to order this CD. Thanks.
    I listened to "I'm Learng To Trust My Man" on both cds. Not claiming to have the world's best ears, here's my take on them. The Soul Jazz version had a very muffled sound throughout. Putting on the Reel version the veil was lifted. I heard instruments I did not know were on the song. For example as the song started I discerned a brush shuffling against the drum cymbal in the right channel [[heard nowhere on the Soul Jazz), then the rhythmic beat of a tomborine. The vocals interplay with the instruments is so much better on the Reel version as well. There was a spark of excitement that came through on the Reel version that was not communicated on the Soul Jazz.
    As I looked at the booklet credits, I noted that mastering role was again filled by Bill Lacey, who has done such a remarkable job with the Chris Clark, Yvonne Fair, Gloria Jones, Bettye Lavette, Jimmy Ruffin, Mary Wells cds issued by Reel music.
    If you've liked his work on any of these, I can't imagine you being disappointed here.
    But, if you want to be on the safe side, wait until someone else receives their copy and chimes in with their take.

Thanks so much, pj1!

I see Dusty Groove is sold out already. Glad to see these recordings are being supported.

The mastering on the Reel Music Cd is much better than that of the Soul Jazz release. On the S/J version some tracks came from records and at times you can where some songs were sped up. Once again Bill Lacey has done an outstanding job.

Detected quite a few "early fades" on the Soul Jazz CD. "You've Got My Mind" suffered badly from this, completely spoiling the climatic ending. Maybe this was done to accomodate a vinyl cut, from the same master. Whatever the reason, there's no more CD's from SJ Records for me!

Sisters Love "With Love" is a winner!

I received the CD today and can tell you that it is wonderful. First of all, the sound quality is way superior to that on the Soul Jazz compilation. Secondly, the songs are all excellent. Great versions of "Sweet Inspiration," "Turn On Your Lovelight," "Giving Up" and "Just A Little Misunderstanding." "I Ain't That Easy To Lose" is super dramatic and "Do What You Gotta Do" is a standout. The tunes the two compilations have in common are given new life here and the liner notes are extremely informative. This is definitely one to add to your collection!

Check this out, I'm really feeling their take on this Bobby Womack song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNHcjT2VbfU

I got my copy sunday from Sister's Love Jeannie Long She indicated that they are trying to put together a listening party for the cd. I will keep SDF posted on where and when. I told her it was sod out on Dusty Grove and that it's available at Ameoba a local record store in Hollywood California. Jeannie is very pleased with the interest in the cd. If anyone have any questions for her, let me know and I will ask and post her response on the forum.

Excellent CD. Thanks, Reel Music - looking forward to the Ivy Joe Hunter album.