[REMOVE ADS]

Chaka Khan Signs With SRG/ILS Group Ahead of New Music This Summer

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Congratulations to Chaka Khan on her new recording deal. Hope that her upcoming projects do well and the everything works out with her new deal. Thanks to PNH for the news!

Khan’s solo catalog includes the hit ballads “Through the Fire” and “Angel” as well as collaborations with Quincy Jones, Ray Charles, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis and Mary J. Blige.

The writer prob is mistaken: Angel was a hit for Anita Baker!

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Khan’s solo catalog includes the hit ballads “Through the Fire” and “Angel” as well as collaborations with Quincy Jones, Ray Charles, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis and Mary J. Blige.

The writer prob is mistaken: Angel was a hit for Anita Baker!
    Chaka recorded a song with the same title for her FUNK THIS album.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Chaka recorded a song with the same title for her FUNK THIS album.
    And it's one of her very finest moments on wax, to boot.

I remember "Hello Happiness" and "Like Sugar." Stellar. Looking forward to seeing what she'll give us for the new drop.

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    I remember "Hello Happiness" and "Like Sugar." Stellar. Looking forward to seeing what she'll give us for the new drop.
    It was indeed an excellent release and worthy of a listen for those who passed it by.

I saw this news on her social media accounts yesterday. Glad to see that she has new music on the way. I wonder if she ever managed to finish that much talked about Joni Mitchell tribute album? That would have been an interesting one! I was looking forward to it, but I get the sense that the project is now dead and buried.

I did like the previous Hello Happiness album, although it was a bit too short.

Looking forward to the new music. Hopefully the second album that she recorded with Prince will see the light of day one day. I loved "Come 2 My House".