[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Never saw this one before [[Mrs. Ross, Diana, Flo)

Name:  dianaflo.jpg
Views: 5172
Size:  68.4 KB

I never seen this photo before. I can make out Mrs. Ross, Diana and Florence. And then is that Obie from the Four Tops in the back? Anyone know who the other woman is?

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Name:  dianaflo.jpg
Views: 5172
Size:  68.4 KB

I never seen this photo before. I can make out Mrs. Ross, Diana and Florence. And then is that Obie from the Four Tops in the back? Anyone know who the other woman is?
    I have seen it before, I am sure that it was printed in either Diana's "Secrets of a Sparrow" autho-biography or in the "Call her Miss Ross book".

Haven't got any idea who the other woman is

Quote Originally Posted by David J View Post
    I have seen it before, I am sure that it was printed in either Diana's "Secrets of a Sparrow" autho-biography or in the "Call her Miss Ross book".

Haven't got any idea who the other woman is
    I think the other lady is one of the Gordy sisters, but I am not sure.

An edited version of this photo appears in Diana's Missing You video; it is the final still picture in the video as a reference to her mother who had just passed away.

L-R Ernestine, Diana, Florence, Obie, Gwen Gordy

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    L-R Ernestine, Diana, Florence, Obie, Gwen Gordy
    Yes it was taken at the Greystone Ballroom in Detroit at the 1963 Motown Christmas Party.

alexgarret Guest
    That is an adorable pic of Flo. Diana's mother is 47 in this picture - Diana certainly resembles her as she aged. Beautiful women.

Quote Originally Posted by alexgarret View Post
    That is an adorable pic of Flo. Diana's mother is 47 in this picture - Diana certainly resembles her as she aged. Beautiful women.
    This is also when Florence and Obie Benson were dating. I have and have seen other shots from this party.

alexgarret Guest
    I'd love to see some other shots from this. I guess Mrs. Ross traveled with them quite a bit - did she take the three of them under her wing? I guess that's why Diana has turned out to be such a great mother with having a roll model such as Ernestine.

Diana and her mother are beautiful women.

alexgarret Guest
    No surprise that Rhonda, Tracee and Chudney are gorgeous. I'd love to see some current pics of Flo's daughters - I'm sure that they are just as beautiful.

I'd love to see some other shots from this. I guess Mrs. Ross traveled with them quite a bit - did she take the three of them under her wing? I guess that's why Diana has turned out to be such a great mother with having a roll model such as Ernestine.
    I wouldn't go patting Diana Ross on the back. Ernestine and the mothers of the other
    Supremes did not have anywhere near the financial resources Diane did when she "raised" her children. They no doubt could not afford the private schools, nannies, limos etc,etc when they were raising their children.

Show me a single mother working two jobs, raising any number of kids and sends them to college, keeping them on the right path into adulthood and I will give her a standing ovation any day over diana ross' raising of kids.....GEEZ!

alexgarret Guest
    That's kind of bitter..Ernestine [[even without the "resources") did a great job with Diana. From what I have read all five of her kids are doing well. You want to begrudge her for that? It's not always about money, but about love - something apparently Ernestine taught Diana. We should all learn a lesson.

That's kind of bitter..Ernestine [[even without the "resources") did a great job with Diana. From what I have read all five of her kids are doing well. You want to begrudge her for that? It's not always about money, but about love - something apparently Ernestine taught Diana. We should all learn a lesson.
    I don't care whatcha call it. I don't believe in giving pats on the back to anyone who has had an advantage.

alexgarret Guest
    Like Ernestine?

Like Ernestine?
    Look don't be daff or feign ignorance. You know darn well you were praising Diane and her raising of five kids. Read back when I said: " Ernestine and the mothers of the other
    Supremes did not have anywhere near the financial resources Diane did"

Now if you cannot understand what I wrote there in plain English, then you have a problem that I cannot help you with.

alexgarret Guest
    I don't need your help. I am curious as to what Diana did to you personally. From the thread on Eddie Unsung you were jumping up and down with joy about Eddie's wife's comments about Diana. Me and another person made the parallel of Mary [[who I love) and Tom Jones. And you shut up. They were young - we all had youthful indescrestions. Is this your reaction to all new members to this board?

I don't need your help. I am curious as to what Diana did to you personally. From the thread on Eddie Unsung you were jumping up and down with joy about Eddie's wife's comments about Diana. Me and another person made the parallel of Mary [[who I love) and Tom Jones. And you shut up. They were young - we all had youthful indescrestions. Is this your reaction to all new members to this board?
    Man you can't shut me up! Who do you think you are? LOL! I don't know you.

alexgarret Guest
    Of course I don't know you and I'm not trying to shut you up but you didn't respond to questions on the Eddie thread. I'm asking for answers to my questions - peace out dude.

Of course I don't know you and I'm not trying to shut you up but you didn't respond to questions on the Eddie thread. I'm asking for answers to my questions - peace out dude.

I am not obligated to respond to anything on Soulful Detroit. Are you trying to pick a fight with me for some reason?

alexgarret Guest
    of course not - just asking a question - again - why so bitter?

alexgarret Guest
    Why the bashing of Diana and Eddie and giving a pass to Mary and Tom. I love them both and not judging but apparently you are. Simple question - why? I'm sure you've had alot of indescretions that you'd like to forget - who of us hasn't?

Why the bashing of Diana and Eddie and giving a pass to Mary and Tom. I love them both and not judging but apparently you are. Simple question - why? I'm sure you've had alot of indescretions that you'd like to forget - who of us hasn't?
    Don't ask me, ask the producers of TV ONE's Unsung program why they included that in the show. You are now clearly trying to pick a fight with me and I do not like it!

alexgarret Guest
    You so cute

I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations Guest
    I love rare pics of the Supremes...looks like this picture was taken in 1964/1965

You tell it Marv! Unreal. I dont find Diana girls gorgeous. Thye arer attractive in their own way,unique looking, but certainly not gorgeous IMO. Mrs Ross is often praised for being very fair vis a vis all the Supremes. One Supreme book had her speaking to Diana about the way she was treating Cindy and Mary and Diana admitted she was hard on them and displaced her frustration at Berry onto them.

Quote Originally Posted by I ♥ The Supremes and Temptations View Post
    I love rare pics of the Supremes...looks like this picture was taken in 1964/1965
    It was taken in December of 1963. Just like Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons sang about in their 1975 hit . " Oh What A Night"! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    You tell it Marv! Unreal. I dont find Diana girls gorgeous. Thye arer attractive in their own way,unique looking, but certainly not gorgeous IMO. Mrs Ross is often praised for being very fair vis a vis all the Supremes. One Supreme book had her speaking to Diana about the way she was treating Cindy and Mary and Diana admitted she was hard on them and displaced her frustration at Berry onto them.
    Totally unreal, because I have never heard many guys call them gorgeous. Yes, yes it is well known that Diane rebelled often against Miss. Ernestine. You just have to tell the truth.....

y so bitter alex?Dont try to create problems here--doesnt work anymore. easy come easy go.

y so bitter alex?Dont try to create problems here--doesnt work anymore. easy come easy go.
    Yeah, I don't know where this guy comes from with all of this bitter talk. We were merely having a discussion here on a discussion board and he goes off like he knows me or can see me! hehehehehehehehe........

alexgarret Guest
    I really don't care to see you - just curious about answers to questions. You refusal speaks volumes - you and Luke go have your fun...[[he he he)

I really don't care to see you - just curious about answers to questions. You refusal speaks volumes - you and Luke go have your fun...[[he he he)
    Look! Curiosity killed the cat.......or haven't your heard? LOL! Now go on and stop trying to pick fights in the name of Dianah Ross. LOL!!!!

alexgarret Guest
    So you don't answer the questions - you sweetheart

alexgarret Guest
    Spelling is not your strong suit
    Last edited by alexgarret; 03-02-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It was taken in December of 1963. Just like Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons sang about in their 1975 hit . " Oh What A Night"! LOL!!!

Even before all the fame and number one hits they still looked like elegant superstars. The three of them [[Diana, Mary, Florence) sure knew how to present themselves. I wonder if Berry bought them those dresses? Florence said that he bought her some outfits in the early days whenever he saw something he thought "would look good on her" lol.
    Last edited by floyjoy678; 03-02-2013 at 08:40 PM.

So this is where we are at? Insinuating that someone's children aren't attractive? How childish.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    Even before all the fame and number one hits they still looked like elegant superstars. The three of them [[Diana, Mary, Florence) sure knew how to present themselves.
    FloyJoy exactly! I've seen pictures of them from 1961, 62 and they were dressed like early 1960's fashion models! Taking it a step further, dressing nicely has long been a part of the Detroit culture for lack of a better word. Folks always at least tried to dress as sharp as possible when going out anywhere socially or to church there.The guys and the ladies put a lot of effort in their appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    So this is where we are at? Insinuating that someone's children aren't attractive? How childish.
    There are degrees of attractiveness; it is all a matter of taste. What may look good to you, may not look good to me . I forget who brought the subject up ,but I remember someone using the term "gorgeous"! LOL!!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What is the old saying? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

Name:  rhonda1.jpg
Views: 13240
Size:  32.8 KB
    Name:  rhonda2.jpg
Views: 2945
Size:  8.7 KB
    Name:  tracee1.jpg
Views: 2443
Size:  71.2 KB
    Name:  Tracee-Ellis-RossVogue.jpg
Views: 2415
Size:  18.3 KB
    Name:  chudney2.jpg
Views: 2967
Size:  49.8 KB
    Name:  chudney.jpg
Views: 3437
Size:  16.2 KB

Here is Mary's daughter.

Name:  Turkessa.jpg
Views: 2112
Size:  38.4 KB

alexgarret Guest
    All beautiful children of beautiful ladies - too bad for ugle posters... [[you know who)

You tell it Marv! Unreal. I dont find Diana girls gorgeous. Thye arer attractive in their own way,unique looking, but certainly not gorgeous IMO.
    LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpm2VjT05fo

It sure is in the eyes of the beholder and I have perfect 20/20 here.....
    Last edited by marv2; 03-02-2013 at 09:35 PM.

This is suppose to be Florence's daughters. Don't know for certain.

Name:  ballarddaughters.jpg
Views: 2342
Size:  18.2 KB

Name:  lisa.jpg
Views: 2022
Size:  23.0 KB
    Last edited by skooldem1; 03-02-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Here is Mary's daughter.

Kessa! Hey! I didn't realize she was related to Diane and Ernestine....wow! LOL!!!

Here is Mary's daughter.

Turkassa Ferrer would make a great plus size model. Shes gorgeous but then again so is her mom.

Thanks for the photo skooldem1

Fondly,

Roberta

Subtle subtle Skool. Excellent. And I gather our next step is "they don't have the advantages Diane had, having to borrow money from her and all".

Marv, do you begrudge every African American that was successful? That is belittling to you. You should be celebrating the success of all of them. That is way too bitter. Silly and unbecoming.

This is suppose to be Florence's daughters. Don't know for certain.

Name:  ballarddaughters.jpg
Views: 2342
Size:  18.2 KB
    Yes those ladies are Flos girls the one in the brown boots look just like Florence. My cousin from Highland Park in Detroit met them at a Diane Ross concert at the Opera house a few years back and said they were real nice ladies.

Roberta

alexgarret Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It sure in the eyes of the beholder and I have perfect 20/20 here.....
    She is gorgeous isn't she? So glad you agree.

She is a talented comedian........

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What is the old saying? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

Name:  rhonda1.jpg
Views: 13240
Size:  32.8 KB
    Name:  rhonda2.jpg
Views: 2945
Size:  8.7 KB
    Name:  tracee1.jpg
Views: 2443
Size:  71.2 KB
    Name:  Tracee-Ellis-RossVogue.jpg
Views: 2415
Size:  18.3 KB
    Name:  chudney2.jpg
Views: 2967
Size:  49.8 KB
    Name:  chudney.jpg
Views: 3437
Size:  16.2 KB
    Diane Ross has gorgeous daughters and real handsome sons.

Thank you for the photos skooldem1

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta