[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson 2020 Appearance on "The Talk"!

Here is Mary's full appearance on "The Talk". This is her second appearance on this program:

Thanks Marv. Good news about the Flo stamp! guess we just need to petition the United States Postal Service. Mary would be great on the The Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Thanks Marv. Good news about the Flo stamp! guess we just need to petition the United States Postal Service. Mary would be great on the The Talk.
    I agree about the Flo stamp. You might recall back in the early 2000s Mary was instrumental in getting postage stamps made of all the 60s Girl Groups. I also agree about "The Talk". I think the style of the show fits Mary better than some of the others.

They sure gave Mary a huge welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    They sure gave Mary a huge welcome!
    This was her second appearance on the Talk. Some of the cast has changed since then, but audience loves Mary. I wonder if she has ever given thought to hosting her own talk show.

Great idea. With all the people she knows it would be a successful venture. But the networks often demand all that yelling and screaming that turns people off
    Last edited by detmotownguy; 02-06-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Great idea. With all the people she knows it would be a successful venture. But the networks often demand all that yelling and screaming that turns people off
    She knows everyone in showbiz it seems. I was at the David Letterman Show one night and they demanded that we scream, cheer at the tops of our lungs at points in the show.

I'd love to see Mary have a show similar to what Dinah Shore had in the 70s. A part talk show, part variety show showcasing other great artists and new artists.

A USPS stamp honoring Saint Florence Ballard? Not gonna happen. You all are delusional. Lena Horne, Billie Holiday, Marvin Gaye - yes. “Poor Flo” isn’t in the same category...

Mary would not be a good host. She talks too much.

Mary is a one-trick pony. She can only talk about herself.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Mary would not be a good host. She talks too much.

She’s enjoying herself while some of you bitter Bettys are on here bitching about it. Leave it alone.

Regardless of how one might feel about Mary personally, it cannot be denied that she has worked, and continues to work, tirelessly. Consequently she has remained in the public eye for decades and continues to do so. How many non-featured vocalists from groups have been able to do that decades after being at the top?

As for a Florence Ballard postage stamp, well that's just a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Regardless of how one might feel about Mary personally, it cannot be denied that she has worked, and continues to work, tirelessly. Consequently she has remained in the public eye for decades and continues to do so. How many non-featured vocalists from groups have been able to do that decades after being at the top?

As for a Florence Ballard postage stamp, well that's just a pipe dream.
    You write great posts; I completely agree and I bet you Diana Rhonda and Tracee do as well

If I were coaching Mary or managing her, I would try and get her to be a little less wired and vivacious and listen a little bit more

Well, granted: Mary does get all wound up when interviewed much of the time. I suppose it’s because she loves it, especially when surrounded by stylish younger gals who admire her.
    Some of us become “Bambi” [[deer-in-headlights) when the cameras start rolling, but Mary, conversely, comes to life. She’s a performer and an entertainer, and she never disappoints on those counts.
    Say what you will, her joie de vivre always comes across [[if sometimes a little too intensely for her detractors). She’s always happy to see me and she barely knows me, so I base my comments on that.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    She’s enjoying herself while some of you bitter Bettys are on here bitching about it. Leave it alone.
    Marys great on a chat show and always full of great energy and shes lovely and shed make a good talk show panellist.

FYI.......Im real tired of the Princess Margaret wig story and her high pitched english accent make me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Well, granted: Mary does get all wound up when interviewed much of the time. I suppose it’s because she loves it, especially when surrounded by stylish younger gals who admire her.
    Some of us become “Bambi” [[deer-in-headlights) when the cameras start rolling, but Mary, conversely, comes to life. She’s a performer and an entertainer, and she never disappoints on those counts.
    Say what you will, her joie de vivre always comes across [[if sometimes a little too intensely for her detractors). She’s always happy to see me and she barely knows me, so I base my comments on that.
    Mary Wilson deserves a huge amount of gratitude from anyone that loved the Supremes, the music and Motown. She is the only one out there talking about the Supremes these days. She keeps their legacy alive. So.......Thank you Ms. Wilson!