[REMOVE ADS]

TVOne's "Unsung" Returns March 21st!

TV One's hit series UNSUNG returns for its fourth season on Sunday, March 21 at 9P/8C. The five-time NAACP Image Award-winning series is back and it's the best season ever. The new season promises memorable stories of influential artists including Morris Day, Leela James, Hezekiah Walker, Keith Washington, Mystikal, Syleena Johnson, Bobby V, The Jones Girls, and Lyfe Jennings.

Good selection this season! I’m especially hyped for The Jones Girls and Morris Day.

By all means, let us know when the Jones Girls segment airs!!!

Here are the air dates

Morris Day [[Sun, Mar 21 at 9P/8C)
    Leela James [[Sun, Mar 28 at 9P/8C)
    Hezekiah Walker [[Sun, Apr 4 at 9P/8C)
    Keith Washington [[Sun, Apr 11 at 9P/8C)
    Mystikal [[Sun, Apr 18 at 9P/8C)
    Syleena Johnson [[Sun, Apr 25 at 9P/8C)
    Bobby V. [[Sun, May 2 at 9P/8C)
    Lyfe Jennings [[Sun, May 9 at 9P/8C)
    The Jones Girls [[Sun, May 19 at 9P/8C)

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Here are the air dates

Morris Day [[Sun, Mar 21 at 9P/8C)
    Leela James [[Sun, Mar 28 at 9P/8C)
    Hezekiah Walker [[Sun, Apr 4 at 9P/8C)
    Keith Washington [[Sun, Apr 11 at 9P/8C)
    Mystikal [[Sun, Apr 18 at 9P/8C)
    Syleena Johnson [[Sun, Apr 25 at 9P/8C)
    Bobby V. [[Sun, May 2 at 9P/8C)
    Lyfe Jennings [[Sun, May 9 at 9P/8C)
    The Jones Girls [[Sun, May 19 at 9P/8C)
    I'm definitely in for the Morris Day & Jones Girls episodes. Thanks for the info!

Jones Girls here also and Bobby V. Some of those folks I've never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    Jones Girls here also and Bobby V. Some of those folks I've never heard of.
    I have no idea who Bobby V is

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I have no idea who Bobby V is
    Wouldn't happen to be Valentine would it? Still waiting on Johnny "Guitar" Watson. Hope it happens....

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Wouldn't happen to be Valentine would it? Still waiting on Johnny "Guitar" Watson. Hope it happens....
    It is indeed “the artist formerly known as” Bobby Valentino! I had to Wiki him to get it straight.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    It is indeed “the artist formerly known as” Bobby Valentino! I had to Wiki him to get it straight.
    Good catch !!

What they should do is talk about groups like..the aristics-the moments-the ebonys-the chi-lites-the soul children-the shirelles,just to name a few!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    TV One's hit series UNSUNG returns for its fourth season on Sunday, March 21 at 9P/8C. The five-time NAACP Image Award-winning series is back and it's the best season ever. The new season promises memorable stories of influential artists including Morris Day, Leela James, Hezekiah Walker, Keith Washington, Mystikal, Syleena Johnson, Bobby V, The Jones Girls, and Lyfe Jennings.
    I think "Unsung" has lost the plot. I believe it was intended to chronicle artists who made an impact, and whose careers and artistry would have been more consequential and acclaimed but were hindered by personal, political or industry turmoil. I know it is a popular franchise but it hasn't varied the manner of its storytelling. It is no longer featuring artists who are legitimately 'unsung.'

I will probably watch The Jones Girls but I haven't the faintest interest in the rest of them. I listen to the music of Leela James and Syleena Johnson, and frankly, their commercial profiles directly correlate to the quality of their music -- they are not 'unsung.' Phyllis Hyman, Teena Marie, Patti Austin, Lalah Hathaway, Miki Howard, Mica Paris and Chante Moore are unsung.

Very well put. I had wished that my girl Denise LaSalle could have made it on to the show but now that she is deceased I guess that won't be possible. Ann Peebles might be an interesting story to tell. Maybe Dorothy Moore???

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Very well put. I had wished that my girl Denise LaSalle could have made it on to the show but now that she is deceased I guess that won't be possible. Ann Peebles might be an interesting story to tell. Maybe Dorothy Moore???
    All three would be great candidates. As they have done deceased celebrities as well, Denise could still be profiled. It is just unfortunate that we wouldn't have her viewpoint.