[REMOVE ADS]

Question The Supremes at The Carr'e Theatre - Lost Footages?

I've heard that The Supremes also sang: Run Run Run and Where Did Our Love Go? But these footages are lost... That's true?

Last edited by Weslley Francisco; 01-06-2015 at 05:08 PM.

wow, good quality.Where is this venue?Thanks for posting.

RossHolloway Guest
    Is this a clip from that concert film recorded in California that year that also included the Stones, Marvin Gaye, James Brown and a bunch of other acts?

No, this is not the TAMI Show. I think this was at the Cannes Film Festival, where they did When The Lovelight...which has surfaced over the years.

Wonderful to see this print and hear its soundtrack. A real treat and an unexpected surprise. Thanks so much for posting, Weslley.

Quote Originally Posted by rrussi View Post
    No, this is not the TAMI Show. I think this was at the Cannes Film Festival, where they did When The Lovelight...which has surfaced over the years.

Randy this was filmed in Holland in 1964.

Well, these footages of: Run Run Run and Where Did Our Love Go really exists?

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    Well, these footages of: Run Run Run and Where Did Our Love Go really exists?
    I really don't know. I just remember they performed several songs and to my surprise this include "Let Me Go the Right Way".

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Wonderful to see this print and hear its soundtrack. A real treat and an unexpected surprise. Thanks so much for posting, Weslley.
    You're Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I really don't know. I just remember they performed several songs and to my surprise this include "Let Me Go the Right Way".
    Looking from other hand I think: Run Run Run and Where Did Our Love Go may have actually been sung and filmed, but were cut this recording. Look how the video goes from: When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes for Let Me Go The Right Way, the video simply jumps, there is not a concrete transition, there are two hypotheses: The performances of these songs were in poor quality and were cut or are really lost...

The performances at Carre' Amsterdam on 10-24-1964 of Baby Love, When the Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes & Let Me Go The Right Way were included as "extras" on the 2003 DVD [[PAL) "The Supremes Greatest Hits." The DVD has "Live in ConcertGebouw Amsterdam 3-4-1968" with i6 tracks and has the photo from "At The Copa" on the cover. It was manufactured in Holland

Wow, high quality video, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbell View Post
    Wow, high quality video, thanks for posting.
    You're Welcome!

This is indeed recorded at the Carré theater in Amsterdam. In total they performed four songs. One is "Where Did Our Love Go" which was taped as part of the Snip & Snap Revue, in Dutch variety program. The broadcaster AVRO used the opportunity to tape three more songs: Baby Love, When the Lovelight, and Let Me Go The Right Way as a "mini concert" -- this "mini concert" is included as "bonus" on the DVD with the 1968 Amsterdam performance.

Is this the same performance that's readily available on the "Supremes: REFLECTIONS" DVD [[available in the US)? It's been a long time since I've seen it, but it looks familiar. That DVD was released in 2006.

As a "bonus", it has the following listed:

3. When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes [[The Supremes In Carr'e, Amsterdam, October 14, 1964)

Yes! It's from the Reflections DVD

smark21 Guest
    Even in 1964 the staging of this performance makes it obvious who the focal point of the group is.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Even in 1964 the staging of this performance makes it obvious who the focal point of the group is.
    Bwahaha!!!

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    How common was it to have the lead singer stand apart from the background singers?