how bout this

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post

Lolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    how bout this

Also appropriate!

Good job Ralph

edafan

I love the sub-forum Ralph; thank you and Lowell for your consideration and follow through.

Not trying to play tit for tat, and just so I'm clear: is this for the DRATS lineup only: Diana, Mary, and Cindy? Or should all Supremes threads [[and lineups) be included as well? I only ask because when I think of DRATS, I don't think of the Florence years.

Might as well ask: should all individual Supremes topics be posted there as well? Diana topics, Mary topics, etc.

I'm not trying to be ignorant, just wanting to be sure.

Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I love the sub-forum Ralph; thank you and Lowell for your consideration and follow through.

Not trying to play tit for tat, and just so I'm clear: is this for the DRATS lineup only: Diana, Mary, and Cindy? Or should all Supremes threads [[and lineups) be included as well? I only ask because when I think of DRATS, I don't think of the Florence years.

Might as well ask: should all individual Supremes topics be posted there as well? Diana topics, Mary topics, etc.

I'm not trying to be ignorant, just wanting to be sure.

Thank you sir!
    Anything about the Supremes, Former Supremes [[Diane, Mary, Flo, Jean etc) should go to the new sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Anything about the Supremes, Former Supremes [[Diane, Mary, Flo, Jean etc) should go to the new sub-forum.
    That is exactly how Raph outlined it when he requested I create the space. Enjoy and be kind unto one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    That is exactly how Raph outlined it when he requested I create the space. Enjoy and be kind unto one another.
    Thank you Lowell for all that you do!

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    It's a blood bath in the making
    i agree. and unnecessary. there's going to be only a handful of non-sup posts in the main forum and chaos in this one.

for whatever there seems to be little interest in the non-sup threads or even general motown ones. i've tried starting multiple only to have them whither out have a handful of posts. of course perhaps the topic wasn't very intriguing to others. but seems like most general motown ones suffer same fate

Why does there have to be chaos on the Supremes thread.?

I think there is ONE individual who doesn't like this new section because he wants all of the DRATS threads to be front and center of SDF. You'll find his constant protesting in other non-DRATS threads. That individual has shown himself to be one of the problems.

I have that individual on ignore, but I peeked to see if my suspicions were correct, and they were.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-14-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    i agree. and unnecessary. there's going to be only a handful of non-sup posts in the main forum and chaos in this one.

for whatever there seems to be little interest in the non-sup threads or even general motown ones. i've tried starting multiple only to have them whither out have a handful of posts. of course perhaps the topic wasn't very intriguing to others. but seems like most general motown ones suffer same fate
    I think you'll see a change in this. Non-DRATS threads are already seeing an uptick in activity as of this morning. I think that if you are a huge DRATS fan, your perspective may be skewed or biased.

i know i've enjoyed reading some of the non Sup threads. great to learn about more of the artists. and i certainly don't think Supremes' threads HAVE to devolve or get ugly. it's just that they unfortunately do. and too often

Here's a question - what about the duets? lol is TCB a motown thread or a DRATS thread? what about Mag 7? hehehehe If this area is to be EXCLUSIVELY for supremes then we can't really infect it with discussion of other motown artists

Posters could always use commonsense....

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    OMG LOL. I'm glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that... I'd now have a Mocha iMac. Thanks for the laugh, Snakepit.

Let the games begin!

Common to whom? LOL!

Yeah I know��

I love the Supremes/DRATS/Diana music but hate how often their threads degenerate into a who pushed who wearing what frock scenario. So I seldom read their threads plus there were so many of them that it was hard to see the wood from the trees. IMHO Ralph has made a wise decision. Thanks

Mine was:

Unfortunately, I think the polluters will still pollute. Makes no matter where the segregation is. They want to hate; they'll hate.

But they won't pollute Motown and SD forums whilst carrying on with the foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Unfortunately, I think the polluters will still pollute. Makes no matter where the segregation is. They want to hate; they'll hate.
    I do think you are correct on this.

But they won't pollute Motown and SD forums whilst carrying on with the foolishness.
    They will be dealt with with the quickness if they do that now, I bet!

Correct! And that's the point. It certainly takes away one excuse the DRATS fans have for there being foolishness.

And, as far as I can see, there is only one poster protesting this move across the whole forum. Everyone else is happy about it.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-15-2018 at 04:27 AM.

Can I make a quick post to say how much I hate the word DRATS? It looks and sounds awful. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Can I make a quick post to say how much I hate the word DRATS? It looks and sounds awful. LOL
    Drats, Tom.

The idea of a separate DRATS section was raised several years ago. While I didn't agree with it at the time, I have now changed my mind and welcome the move. Also it should solve the problem of poorly titled threads that you don't even know are about DRATS -related subjects until you enter them.

Just one other point, I'm not sure that the DRATS sub-forum is an appropriate place to discuss Supremes & 4 Tops' duets.
    Last edited by 144man; 06-15-2018 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Insertion of omitted word

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Drats, Tom.
    ewwwww thanxal

Perhaps, for clarification purposes, the title of the thread might be amended to "Diana Ross and/or The Supremes," indicating that posts can relate to either/or, and not necessarily to DRATS 1967-1969.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Perhaps, for clarification purposes, the title of the thread might be amended to "Diana Ross and/or The Supremes," indicating that posts can relate to either/or, and not necessarily to DRATS 1967-1969.
    Or, "THE SUPREMES - AND THEIR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS" It will include all the Supremes and guarantee that the Diana/Mary bashing will be posted here and not in the main forumn, where there were so many complaints that it took away from members posting about other Motown artists.

Although, I do see some of those complainers in here posting, so perhaps this new system settles nothing. It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Until, marv2...highjacks every topic and makes it a "supremes" forum

I didn't appreciate that remark dvus7

Marv hasn't posted anything in the DRATS section for days.

Well ANYWAYS, I'm glad this sub-forum was created. It was needed. For YEARS.

Looks to me that the complaints about Marv/Marv2 no longer have any validity, if they ever did. There's nothing to complain about anymore. The DRATS fans are free to post all they want about Ross and whomever without criticism or taunting.