Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  21.1 KB
    The Fantastics were a Texas group, who emulated The Impressions:

Views: 139
    The Celestrals were an East Coast group, who recorded in Philadelphia. But this cut sounded like Chicago:

Views: 153
    Leroy Taylor was from Washington, D.C. and recorded on The East Cast. But this is a classic Chicago-style mid-tempo cut:

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Attachment 15308
    I can't think of ANY Doris Day song I actually HATE. Like Andy Williams, Tony Bennett, Patty Page, and other MOR singers. She was a good singer. I didn't like a lot of her material, which was boring to me. But, "Send Me No Flowers" was an excellent Brill Building song, which somehow wasn't watered down to reach the widest audience. It was kept intact, as it could have been used with a Girls Group, to sound like a Dimension or Philles-style hit. THAT's why it came to my attention. I LOVE that song, and I very much enjoy hearing it sung by Doris, who did a fine job on it. I don't like to spend a lot of time listening to Doris sing, only because her material is boring to me. But she's always sung well, and I don't HATE hearing anything sung by her. I listen to "Send Me No Flowers" often, and it always sounds great. I never tire of songs that sound excellent. I only mentioned that I'd like to have heard that song sung by a high-quality Girls Group, like The Cookies, Jewels, Butterflys, Poppies, Buttons, Blossoms, Crystals, Ronettes, Fashions, Victorians, Shirelles, Fascinations, Cinderellas, etc.

What I HATE is non-melodical "noise",which, to me, includes Acid Rock, Hard Rock, Funk, Heavy Metal, screaming, voices that bother me [[Mrs. Miller, Joe Cocker, Bob Dylan, etc.).
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Robb
    Ace/Kent issued a CD of Impressions sound a likes..called "Imprressred" I think.
    Mostly cut away from Chicago I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Robb
    Ace/Kent issued a CD of Impressions sound a likes..called "Imprressred" I think.
    Mostly cut away from Chicago I believe.
Views: 127
    That should be very interesting!