[REMOVE ADS]

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    I feel like this thread needs to close and have a redo. <_<
    I think it has good Eaten Alive stuff and a good discussion about the forum and how it functions

Did she sing songs from this album in concert?
    While on tour in Europe, october 85, she only did "Eaten Alive", the whole show was around the "swept away" album.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Your very last post was about Marv. Lead by example. And, since you are sick of Diana Ross topics, rather than condemn them, just ignore them. People talk about what people WANT to talk about. If there’s “too much talk about Ross or The Supremes or Jean Terrell’s shoes” then no one will talk about it. What is too much for one person may not be too much for another and both should be respected. I would never think to deem a thread as unworthy just because I think it is. If I feel a thread is unworthy, what I really feel is that I’M unworthy for that particular thread.
    1) This is the internet. Ignoring a person or problem does not make them, or it go away. You must deal with the problem before anything gets better. So, if I or we do not mention Marv, he will not stop annoying the Ross fans.

2) I did not say I was sick of Ross topics. I'm in one, aren't I? I am tired of the 80-90% of all the topics being about Diana Ross or DRATS. This is not a Ross fan site. I believe there are other places on the internet specifically for that. I, and others start threads about other things, but they get buried and the Ross topics keep popping up. This also tells me that those with a broader interest are being chased away.

3) The constant bickering between the DRATS/Ross people and Marv got old many, many years ago. I have been told by various people about how it all started. I do not know the veracity of any of the claims, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say we are sick of it. It really has chased away the industry people who used to post here away. They don't have time for it. They have no interest in taking sides. They are about talking about the music and the products they would like to bring to us.

I don't know how it started, and I don't care. Even Ralph has expressed his exasperation about the situation.

4) There is a LOT more to Motown than the three, four, or five women who were once called The Supremes.

5) It would be nice if Lowell could start a separate section for the Ross fans. No one wants to see the topic banned because of the bickering that comes up in every single thread about these women. No one wants to see other members banned because of it.

6) I am all for everyone finding a real solution. No, getting rid of people is not the answer. Everyone getting along is an answer, but it takes all sides to do this.

And, again, I am a lone wolf on this forum. I have my own thoughts about things. Take 'em or leave 'em [[and I suspect most of the Ross fans leave 'em). Since I am an outsider on this forum, I can see things more objectively than you can. When I come here, I see what you don't because you are too deep into it.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-13-2018 at 12:01 PM. Reason: clarity, typos

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yeah, that was a smart move. That song made about as much sense as "Pieces of Ice"! LOL!!!!
    I like "Pieces Of Ice". While not a huge hit, it did quite respectably, reaching #15 on the Billboard R&B chart. The pop chart, not so well. Whatev. Sometimes the lead single from an album doesn't need to be hugely successful. It was a good lead for "Missing You", which was a huge hit across the board. "Swept Away" was a solid album. Its success speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Right - the Supremes were three ladies, not two, and Diana simply suffered too many Mary shenanigans [[in my opinion) to make believe it never happened. RTL as DMC would have been heaven and it's a shame that didn't happen, for whatever reason. Like the Kinks, Fleetwood Mac, Oasis, and many more, a shared past does not equate 'love' or even a remaining friendship.
    Exactly. Everyone knows there is no pluck between these two, so a reunion would be for financial reasons only, and only one of them is motivated to do that. In the 47 years I’ve known Mary, I’ve never heard her say anything to suggest warm feelings toward Diana - and Cindy commented after reading Dreamgirl that she had no idea Mary ever considered Diana a best friend or was someone she loved. She never witnessed personal closeness between the two beyond work relationship. I’m told [[and believe) that Diana offered to help Mary financially for Rafi’s funeral, but it wound up in unpleasantness [[ I just couldn’t beg for details but it didn’t happen.) During early RTL, it was Diana’s hope to give a financial boost to all Supremes through their inclusion, but that didn’t work out. Personally, I don’t feel diana wanted to work with Mary at all, and only mounted the tour to take her mind off her divorce which was devastating to her. Ross didn’t need the money and, if she and Mary DID get along, it would have been a plus. Mary was adamant about no one other than DMC, and we all know how that went. The above long winded history was to help me speculate that I think she feels she tried to tour with Mary to help her out once, and is unlikely to be motivated by that gesture again.

If I were Diana, I’d be holding a grudge the size of Trump’s ego and steer clear. When I was 18, a member of a large circle of friends that I belong to send a couple things about me behind my back that were untrue and something hurtful that was true. That was 1972 and I have never forgiven. Whenever I go back home and get together with everybody, I do my best to make sure that she will not be there…… And I realize when I went home for Christmas and verbalized this to some friends, how petty it sounds 46 years later. Opinions about what she said about me have changed a great deal in 4 1/2 decades and I’m not proud of it but that’s how I still feel. If I were diana ross, there would be no way I would have anything to do with Mary – period.
    So if there is no personal interest, and no financial interest, and she almost never changes the show she IS doing [[perhaps out of laziness) why on earth would she take on any type of project like that? She won’t even sing with Lionel Ritchie - who would probably bend over backwards to make it happen.

I don’t know why fans want the two of them together, but some really do want it to happen. Many were sated by The Motown Musical pics, which is wonderful for them.

[QUOTE=soulster;463587]1) This is the internet. Ignoring a person or problem does not make them, ir it go away. You must deal with the problem before anything gets better. So, if I or we do not mention Marv, he will not stop annoying the Ross fans.

2) I did not say I was sick of Ross topics. I'm in one, aren't I? I am tired of the 80-90% of all the topics being about Diana Ross. This is not a Ross fan site. I believe there are other places specifically for that. I start threads about other things, but they get buried and the Ross topics keep popping up. This also tells me that those with a broader interest are being chased away.

I totally disagree. 80-90% is a gross exaggeration if the threads you begin go nowhere, it’s not because they are buried by Ross topics - it’s not like they can’t be found - come on, you can’t possibly believe that, can you? Every topic is out there in plain view with equal chance for viewing. Those with broader interest aren’t being chased away - those non-Ross topics are all over just waiting to be joined and perhaps lead to more non-Ross topics.

4) There is a LOT more to Motown than the three, four, or five women who were once called The Supremes.

There are plenty of non-Supremes topics to get involved in. Just ignore the topics that you do not wish to join. That way, the topics and threads will move organically out of their own valition.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    While on tour in Europe, october 85, she only did "Eaten Alive", the whole show was around the "swept away" album.
    CHAIN REACTION remained in her act for years, even in the US.

Only Chain Reaction.

alanbill1074 Guest
    I have a concert where she sings More And More.

Since she didn't sing "Chain reaction"in Paris, Netherlands or in UK during her european tour back in 85, I think she included the song on her set list after it became a Number 1 hit.
    To me, this song isn't well performed live.

The "Call her Miss Ross" book mentions Diana performing "More and More" in Vegas.

alanbill1074 Guest
    It made #1 in 1986 so not too surprising she only added it to her tour then. She was still singing Swept Away songs in '85. She's never been one for doing too many album cuts off her current release in her live show.

Although Touch By Touch was a hit in some European countries, I was stunned when she did it live in the 90s in the UK where it unfairly missed the top 40.

Quote Originally Posted by alanbill1074 View Post
    Although Touch By Touch was a hit in some European countries, I was stunned when she did it live in the 90s in the UK where it unfairly missed the top 40.
    When she hosted the 1987 American Music Awards in the US, she opened the show with TOUCH BY TOUCH. It was a nice performance but I thought it was an odd choice, considering the song was only an album track here.

It made #1 in 1986 so not too surprising she only added it to her tour then. She was still singing Swept Away songs in '85. She's never been one for doing too many album cuts off her current release in her live show.
    I don’t agree with that. Matter-of-fact that is the main difference between previous tours and her more recent greatest hits tours. No new songs. In the past she always managed to include three maybe four songs from her current release. While promoting the boss she sang about four songs, the same with the WDFFIL tour, the Working overtime tour, The force tour, the TMH tour even the ILY tour she did this.

alanbill1074 Guest
    I stand corrected. I can only speak from what I've seen in the UK which was around the early 90s onwards. I think she sang Change Of Heart from Force, don't remember any others aside from a couple of singles on it. Most live acts I've seen devote more time to their new albums than I've seen Diana, so that's my comparison.

Cindy has said the three of them love each other very much.

[QUOTE=TheMotownManiac;463604]
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    1) This is the internet. Ignoring a person or problem does not make them, ir it go away. You must deal with the problem before anything gets better. So, if I or we do not mention Marv, he will not stop annoying the Ross fans.

2) I did not say I was sick of Ross topics. I'm in one, aren't I? I am tired of the 80-90% of all the topics being about Diana Ross. This is not a Ross fan site. I believe there are other places specifically for that. I start threads about other things, but they get buried and the Ross topics keep popping up. This also tells me that those with a broader interest are being chased away.

I totally disagree. 80-90% is a gross exaggeration if the threads you begin go nowhere, it’s not because they are buried by Ross topics - it’s not like they can’t be found - come on, you can’t possibly believe that, can you? Every topic is out there in plain view with equal chance for viewing. Those with broader interest aren’t being chased away - those non-Ross topics are all over just waiting to be joined and perhaps lead to more non-Ross topics.

There are plenty of non-Supremes topics to get involved in. Just ignore the topics that you do not wish to join. That way, the topics and threads will move organically out of their own valition.
    When a new person comes into this forum, they see that almost all of the threads are DRATS/Diana Ross-related. It's discouraging to anyone who comes here with other musical interests. They suddenly think it's a DRATS forum, and leave. If they look at these threads, they see the bickering in them. Again, the industry cats who USED to frequent this place have been run off by all of it.

BTW, no one except you hardcore DRATS fans care about a decades-old feud between Mary Wilson and Diana Ross. You guys are so obsessed that you call them by their first names, as if you are personal friends with them. You've told me that you know them, have their personal numbers, ect, but I have no evidence of that. Anyone on the internet can say anything they want and do not have to back it up with any kind of evidence. A person lost a U.S. presidential election in part because a bunch of Americans believed lies Russian troll farms planted on Facebook and other places.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-13-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    When she hosted the 1987 American Music Awards in the US, she opened the show with TOUCH BY TOUCH. It was a nice performance but I thought it was an odd choice, considering the song was only an album track here.
    She was also doing "Touch by Touch" in her live shows in America. I saw her perform it at Caesers Tahoe. It was really good live.

alanbill1074 Guest
    It was one of her best records, and I think might have done better in the US than Telephone, which I liked but it wasn't really very hooky or suitable for pop radio. It also needed a video.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I don’t agree with that. Matter-of-fact that is the main difference between previous tours and her more recent greatest hits tours. No new songs. In the past she always managed to include three maybe four songs from her current release. While promoting the boss she sang about four songs, the same with the WDFFIL tour, the Working overtime tour, The force tour, the TMH tour even the ILY tour she did this.
    I agree. That's why I loved her tours when she had a new album. She would include at least 4 songs from the new release. I miss those days.

I stand corrected. I can only speak from what I've seen in the UK which was around the early 90s onwards. I think she sang Change Of Heart from Force, don't remember any others aside from a couple of singles on it. Most live acts I've seen devote more time to their new albums than I've seen Diana, so that's my comparison.
    When you tell me, change of heart, blame it on the sun, you’re gonna love it, waiting in the wings, one shining moment, the force behind the power were all sung on that tour. Depending on the concert she at the very least sang 4 of them, And in many cases all of the above mentioned songs.

From "Workin overtime" she did "what can one person do", "WO", "Paradise", "This House", "We can", and this was far to much since the album wasn't even release at the beginning of her tour in spring 89.

From "Workin overtime" she did "what can one person do", "WO", "Paradise", "This House", "We can", and this was far to much since the album wasn't even release at the beginning of her tour in spring 89.
    The same thing happened with her next two albums. When I saw her in 1991, THE FORCE BEHIND THE POWER had not yet been released and she performed six of its songs. In 1995, I saw her about a month before the release of TAKE ME HIGHER, and she did seven of its songs.

In each case, I didn't mind, as most of the songs sounded good to me, and made me anticipate the upcoming album. But I'm sure record sales suffered because casual fans who might have liked the songs couldn't find the cds in the stores the next day or soon thereafter.

In continental Europe, the RCA promo, or Capitol, was non existant. Diana lived with a seventies showbiz mood when super stars had to be elusive.
    When they had new albums or tours, on TV, we had Tina Turner, Whitney, Sade, even Madonna. But Diana was unseen.
    It's miraculous she could fill house to capacity in France. The fans are with her, but for the rest, she was just a name.

It was one of her best records, and I think might have done better in the US than Telephone, which I liked but it wasn't really very hooky or suitable for pop radio. It also needed a video.
    ‘I never understood releasing Telephone when Touch By Touch was the most radio friendly track on the album.

In continental Europe, the RCA promo, or Capitol, was non existant. Diana lived with a seventies showbiz mood when super stars had to be elusive.
    When they had new albums or tours, on TV, we had Tina Turner, Whitney, Sade, even Madonna. But Diana was unseen.
    It's miraculous she could fill house to capacity in France. The fans are with her, but for the rest, she was just a name.
    Great post Albator!

Yes it amazes me and it is miraculous that Diana Ross is one of the few recording artists that can have huge successful tours without much promotion or without new product. She sold out huge arenas all over Europe and continues to sell out all over America.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Yes it amazes me and it is miraculous that Diana Ross is one of the few recording artists that can have huge successful tours without much promotion or without new product. She sold out huge arenas all over Europe and continues to sell out all over America.
    Diana Ross is not a recording artist anymore and this is not France~!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Diana Ross is not a recording artist anymore and this is not France~!
    Ok. Marv. He did say she filled the houses to capacity in France!! Without promotion or being on TV. I am sorry if this bothers you! And at the time he was referring too she was still recording!!

Ok. Marv. He did say she filled the houses to capacity in France!! Without promotion or being on TV. I am sorry if this bothers you! And at the time he was referring too she was still recording!!
    Right! but it's unuseful to react on regressive anal stage behavior.

The only time there was promotion for Diana was 1994 and it brought her a gold record for the "One Woman"album.
    Today, her name is famous but I think people don't really know what's behind it.
    "Upside Down" is an evergreen hit, heard on the radio every day. "Coming out" gets a little airplay.
    When "you keep me hanging on" is heard, it's by Kim Wilde and "You can't hurry love" is by Phill Collins.
    15 years ago we had Endless Love, Love Hangover and Do You Know where you going to".
    "All Of You" and "Chain Reaction" were top 50 hits but are completely forgotten now.
    Her singles stopped receiving airplay after "Chain Reaction".
    I've never heard "Dirty Looks" or "Working overtime", even if those were her last singles issued.
    She came in 1973, 76, 1982 [[2 shows), 1985 [[15.000 seats arena), 1989, 1993, 1994, 2003 and 2007. Except 1989 were she was on a very bad spirit, those were always hot concerts.
    With the exception of Stevie Wonder and Lionel Ritchie, she is the only Motown artist who can fill a 4/5000 seats auditorium.

Gladys Knight was a little name in the seventies but her records went nowhere, even her very good radio friendly oriented "licence to kill".
    Even after her monster "lady Marmelade" hit, Patti Labelle is unknown.
    Aretha is very famous and respected, but like Diana, it's more a name or an "aura" than a strong seller.
    Dionne Warwick was big in the sixties and she toured quite frequently on a smaller scale but she is not associated with pop music. She is more seen like a Showbiz act. "heartbreaker" was her last hit.
    Chaka Khan had a little moment with "I feel for you" but that's it.
    Donna Summer was probably the one with the biggest sales from 76 to 82. Like in the US, she disappeared after "She Works Hard for the money".

After 85, Whitney, Sade, Tina Turner [[very big), Janet Jackson and all.

Smile

I feel I can return to posting on here now that there's an Ignore button.

Being from the UK, Eaten Alive was a pretty successful album here [[#11), thanks to the Gold record Chain Reaction. I remember loving it at the time, and playing it a lot. I wasn't struck on the Bee Gees backgrounds and think it would have been better without them, but most of the songs were good, with the exception of I Love Being In Love With You. I'd have ditched that and gone with another uptempo number. It was light on potential radio cuts, with maybe Crime Of Passion being the missed opportunity single. Definitely would have done better than Experience here, even Oh Teacher might have been successful instead of a b-side, or even a reissue of the title track.

Looking back, although her RCA period is my favourite, this is the album I play the least, and I put that down to the Bee Gees backing vocals mainly. On reflection, it was a bit 'old' sounding after the very fresh Swept Away. Unfortunately she wasn't picky about material, which I can attest to after meeting Gary Katz a couple of years ago. I think if she'd been more invested in her music it would have been better.

I loved the cover at the time, now, less so. I think she was trying to play on Thriller with it.
    Eaten Alive did make #11 in the UK chart on the back of Chain Reaction although it wasn't a big seller - it was one of a small number of her albums not to reach Silver status.

I think many of those who bought the album did so on the back of Chain expecting the other tracks to be similar but were disapppointed.

I personally love the album apart from the [[ghastly imo) title track but then I do like The Bee Gees.

The sequence of I Love Being In Love [[With You), Crime Of Passion and Don't Give Up On Each other is one which I play repeatedly.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and undoubtedly Crime Of Passion should have been the follow-up to CR but in all honesty at the time Experience looked a good choice and most expected it to fare pretty well.

The mid-80s was a strange period for Diana in the UK - I don't really think her label here promoted Diana correctly.

CR took about a month to hit the top 40. Of course once it did it really took off but it was no thanks to the record company - it was the clubs, discos and heavy rotation on Music video channels which broke it.

Like yourself from another post I was pretty stunned when Shockwaves failed to chart especially since it received airplay on Radio 1.

Going back to Swept Away for whatever reasons it had been decided that Touch By Touch was to be the lead-off single outside the US and to me it had UK top 20 written all over it had it been promoted properly but even the duet with Julio Iglesias surprisingly struggled just missing the top 40 and I am baffled given its US success and The Daryl Hall connection why the title track was never issued in the UK.

Even more strange was Missing You - this was one track which her label did try to break several times but failed. Released in Jan 1985 it eventually made the UK top 100 in April and yo-yoed about in the #s76-100 position for 8 weeks but no further.

All very puzzling.

Today, her name is famous but I think people don't really know what's behind it.
    She is famous because of her time as the lead singer of The Supremes.

"Upside Down" is an evergreen hit, heard on the radio every day. "Coming out" gets a little airplay.
    I hear "I'm Coming Out" much more than "Upside Down". Part of it could be that "I'm Coming Out" was used by The Notorious B.I.G. for his hit "Mo Money, Mo Problems" in 1997.

When "you keep me hanging on" is heard, it's by Kim Wilde and "You can't hurry love" is by Phill Collins.
    15 years ago we had Endless Love, Love Hangover and Do You Know where you going to".
    "All Of You" and "Chain Reaction" were top 50 hits but are completely forgotten now.
    Her singles stopped receiving airplay after "Chain Reaction".
    I've never heard "Dirty Looks" or "Working overtime", even if those were her last singles issued.
    If I hear a Diana Ross hit today, it is almost always "Ain't No Mountain High Enough".

Gladys Knight was a little name in the seventies but her records went nowhere, even her very good radio friendly oriented "licence to kill".
    Either you're not in the U.S. or you're on drugs.

Even after her monster "lady Marmelade" hit, Patti Labelle is unknown.
    Now I know you're on drugs! Aside from "Lady Marmalade", She is well known for her 80s hit "On My Own" with Michael McDonald.

Aretha is very famous and respected, but like Diana, it's more a name or an "aura" than a strong seller.
    Are you sure those drugs you took weren't laced with something else? LOL!

Dionne Warwick was big in the sixties and she toured quite frequently on a smaller scale but she is not associated with pop music. She is more seen like a Showbiz act. "heartbreaker" was her last hit.
    This is the funniest post i've read in years!

Chaka Khan had a little moment with "I feel for you" but that's it.
    I'm beginning to wonder what your age is. Chaka Khan well known as the lead singer of Rufus in the 70s and early 80s. Remember "Tell Me Something Good", "Sweet Thing" and especially "Ain't Nobody"? However, it is too bad no one seems to remember her excellent solo debut single "I'm Every Woman" in 1978. Now the younger crowd thinks it's a Whitney Houston original.

Donna Summer was probably the one with the biggest sales from 76 to 82. Like in the US, she disappeared after "She Works Hard for the money".
    OK, so you aren't in the U.S.. Donna Summer certainly did not disappear after 1983! She had another major hit in 1989 with "This Time I Know It's For real", courtesy of Stock/Aitken/Waterman.

This is a major problem on this forum: We have members in both Europe/U.K., and in the Americas. The music scenes are very different in these respective locations. We like to think they are somewhat the same, but they aren't, and when people don't disclose this in their posts, it causes a lot more confusion and arguments that needn't happen.

Obviously, I look at this all from the U.S. perspective, and all of these artists are from the U.S.. I gather that Ross, and Motown, in general, are more revered in Europe/U.K. than in their native land. Hate to say it, but racial politics plays a role in that.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-14-2018 at 12:03 PM.

I hear "I'm Coming Out" much more than "Upside Down". Part of it could be that "I'm Coming Out" was used by The Notorious B.I.G. for his hit "Mo Money, Mo Problems" in 1997.

If I hear a Diana Ross hit today, it is almost always "Ain't No Mountain High Enough".

Now I know you're on drugs! Aside from "Lady Marmalade", She is well known for her 80s hit "On My Own" with Michael McDonald.

I'm beginning to wonder what your age is. Chaka Khan well known as the lead singer of Rufus in the 70s and early 80s. Remember "Tell Me Something Good", "Sweet Thing" and especially "Ain't Nobody"? However, it is too bad no one seems to remember her excellent solo debut single "I'm Every Woman" in 1978. Now the younger crowd thinks it's a Whitney Houston original.

OK, so you aren't in the U.S.. Donna Summer certainly did not disappear after 1983! She had another major hit in 1989 with "This Time I Know It's For real", courtesy of Stock/Aitken/Waterman.

This is a major problem on this forum: We have members in both Europe/U.K., and in the Americas. The music scenes are very different in these respective locations. We like to think they are somewhat the same, but they aren't, and when people don't disclose this in their posts, it causes a lot more confusion and arguments that needn't happen.

Obviously, I look at this all from the U.S. perspective, and all of these artists are from the U.S.. I gather that Ross, and Motown, in general, are more revered in Europe/U.K. than in their native land. Hate to say it, but racial politics plays a role in that.
    He is from France. If you asked him who are or were the biggest selling artist there, it would most likely surprise you.

In his very first post he said from France.

In his very first post he said from France.
    Yeah, I figured that out. But, like I said, it does get a little confusing when people, in general, don't make it clear where they are from because most of us state things as if they are universally true. It's just something we all do. BTW, I was just having a little fun with the drug thing, trying to add a little levity.

Some folks post overseas, it's easy for them to say Chaka and Gladys and Patti are not as known overseas than Diana.

It's VERY America-centric here.

Some folks post overseas, it's easy for them to say Chaka and Gladys and Patti are not as known overseas than Diana.

It's VERY America-centric here.
    They are not as centric as the dick Trumptric

Yeah, I figured that out. But, like I said, it does get a little confusing when people, in general, don't make it clear where they are from because most of us state things as if they are universally true. It's just something we all do. BTW, I was just having a little fun with the drug thing, trying to add a little levity.
    Reading your answer, at first, I felt more or less insulted and after a while rather disappointed. I try to stay away from the aggressiveness inherent to all posts that touch Diana, especially on this topic, so it took me a while not to see anything personal. I understand you were happy of your own irony not to edit your post.

When I signed up two years ago, I was not told that I had to be American to participate, yet, when necessary, I always let people know where I'm talking from. To this day, there hasn't been a problem. I know Diana's career quite well, at least better than a lot of Americans, and I thought that giving information from Europe or Japan could be an interesting contribution. Diana Ross is an international star who sells a lot of records outside the USA, who has toured a lot outside the USA. Not all Motown Stars do the same.

It takes me a long time to write in flawless English and maybe I can't do it every time. Rereading this topic, on those pages 7 & 8, I say several times that I speak about continental Europe, but indeed I did not think useful to put a French flag on each post.
    Last edited by Albator; 06-15-2018 at 02:36 AM.

^ Don't mind him. People are too emotional on this site. It's okay. I understand where you're coming from. For some, Detroit and America is all they know. Take it from this Southerner lol

^ Don't mind him. People are too emotional on this site. It's okay. I understand where you're coming from. For some, Detroit and America is all they know. Take it from this Southerner lol
    I swear I'm not from another planet

Reading your answer, at first, I felt more or less insulted and after a while rather disappointed. I try to stay away from the aggressiveness inherent to all posts that touch Diana, especially on this topic, so it took me a while not to see anything personal. I understand you were happy of your own irony not to edit your post.

When I signed up two years ago, I was not told that I had to be American to participate, yet, when necessary, I always let people know where I'm talking from. To this day, there hasn't been a problem. I know Diana's career quite well, at least better than a lot of Americans, and I thought that giving information from Europe or Japan could be an interesting contribution. Diana Ross is an international star who sells a lot of records outside the USA, who has toured a lot outside the USA. Not all Motown Stars do the same.

It takes me a long time to write in flawless English and maybe I can't do it every time. Rereading this topic, on those pages 7 & 8, I say several times that I speak about continental Europe, but indeed I did not think useful to put a French flag on each post.
    You did a very fine job. Ignore the negative comments. I know your comments were referring to these ladies from a French point of view.Best wishes to you Albator.

I'm sorry if I made you feel insulted. That wasn't my intention.

AS for this place being U.S.ccentric, it sometimes feels like it is more U.K.centric.

I am a huge fan of the soul and country-rock music that came out of the south in the 60s and 70s.

I'm sorry if I made you feel insulted. That wasn't my intention.

AS for this place being U.S.ccentric, it sometimes feels like it is more U.K.centric.
    No problem, I'm not a drama queen

I thought it was Dianacentric

She has her own forum

glad u are here with us