[REMOVE ADS]

Darlene love continues christmas tradition on the view

She started the tradition on David Letterman and has continued it on THE VIEW for the last few years, even managing to do it in this pandemic with THE VIEW cast singing along via Zoom with her. In reality, the VIEW cast is really Milli Vinilling with her and Darlene's back up singers are actually singing with her.

Darlene looks and sounds wonderful. Another ageless performer.

Thanks for posting Milven. To quote Darlene, "not a even a pandemic can stop her".

You weren't kidding Milven, Darlene still looking and sounding awesome. Her streaming special was fantastic. I think this was recorded during that special and I think the first time solo for her on The View. Don't they usually have her do this as a duet? Don't mess with Love, she still bringing it.

I can think of two times that they had her duet, last year with Jason Derulo and maybe the year before with Bryan Adams.

I'm thankful that The View kept up Letterman's tradition, but David's productions went all out. Here is a compilation of her appearances on Letterman. She started in 1986 on David's original show LATE NIGHT.

This video has a compilation of her appearances, starting with the first one way back in 1986 [[Her singing starts at about 5:00) Then the video shows her performances for twenty more appearances that started in 1994 on his LATE SHOW and ended when he retired. Each year, the production got more spectacular and over the top. It was a great Christmas tradition and I am glad that it continues in some way on THE VIEW

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I can think of two times that they had her duet, last year with Jason Derulo and maybe the year before with Bryan Adams.
    Fantasia sang with her one year on THE VIEW as well.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Fantasia sang with her one year on THE VIEW as well.
    I forgot about that one. I saw all of Darlene's appearances on the Late Show and on THE VIEW.

But I never saw her original appearance in 1986 on LATE NIGHT. Nor did I know the story behind it til I watched this video.

When Phil Spector's Christmas Album came out decades ago, this was the song that I skipped over when playing my album. At the time I did not think that it was very Christmasy. Now I love it

I forgot about that one. I saw all of Darlene's appearances on the Late Show and on THE VIEW.

But I never saw her original appearance in 1986 on LATE NIGHT. Nor did I know the story behind it til I watched this video.

When Phil Spector's Christmas Album came out decades ago, this was the song that I skipped over when playing my album. At the time I did not think that it was very Christmasy. Now I love it
    I miss seeing Darlene in person. For the past few years, a friend and I have gone to see her Xmas shows and always enjoyed them.

I have thousands of Christmas songs....and this still remains my all time fave. Her appearance on Letterman was must-see tv for me......glad they're keeping it going.

I'm thankful that The View kept up Letterman's tradition, but David's productions went all out. Here is a compilation of her appearances on Letterman. She started in 1986 on David's original show LATE NIGHT.

This video has a compilation of her appearances, starting with the first one way back in 1986 [[Her singing starts at about 5:00) Then the video shows her performances for twenty more appearances that started in 1994 on his LATE SHOW and ended when he retired. Each year, the production got more spectacular and over the top. It was a great Christmas tradition and I am glad that it continues in some way on THE VIEW

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

This video has a compilation of her appearances, starting with the first one way back in 1986 [[Her singing starts at about 5:00) Then the video shows her performances for twenty more appearances that started in 1994 on his LATE SHOW and ended when he retired.
    Thanks, Milven, for posting that montage. Isn't she fabulous? Ralph and I watched the whole thing and loved every minute of it.

We enjoyed seeing the old clips of Paul Shaffer, as well. Letterman is, of course, a national treasure.
    Last edited by 9A; 12-25-2020 at 08:08 AM.