[REMOVE ADS]

New Lead singer for The Four Tops , any info here?

I resently saw written that there is a new lead singer for the four tops , does someone has extra info on that? Thx , and best wishes.

Wait, what?

Just saw a Facebook clip today of them in concert debuting the new lead ALEX MORRIS. Sadly, 83 year old Duke is sitting on a stool for the song [[awaiting hip replacement surgery, I believe) and Alex is in a plain black jacket while the other are sporting the classic black sequin single breasted threads. No time to get a new uniform made for bigger framed Alex? This could all have happened at short notice which is not unusual in vocal group personnel changes. Alex sounds good, but not as close to Levi as Spike. If you go to Facebook - the clip is on The Four Tops Forever page.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    Just saw a Facebook clip today of them in concert debuting the new lead ALEX MORRIS. Sadly, 83 year old Duke is sitting on a stool for the song [[awaiting hip replacement surgery, I believe) and Alex is in a plain black jacket while the other are sporting the classic black sequin single breasted threads. No time to get a new uniform made for bigger framed Alex? This could all have happened at short notice which is not unusual in vocal group personnel changes. Alex sounds good, but not as close to Levi as Spike. If you go to Facebook - the clip is on The Four Tops Forever page.
    Thank you Ivyfield.

I found this with the new singer":

and this.....

Alex is a pastor, no less...
    http://picdeer.com/pastor_j.alex_morris

Just don't know what to say! a journey I started with The Four Tops while still at school in the late 60's, just not the same any longer, if a further member should leave, is it time just to Treasure the Amazing Memories?

Wow! I wonder what happened to Spike?

The new leader looks out of place with the rest of them. Yes I said it lol

At some point, when the original group loses members and goes through a list of replacement members, they become nothing more than a tribute group. And some of the tribute groups are better. Watching this video, I think the 4 Tops have reached that point.

This is only a shell of the original group....if that. Time to retire it all and enjoy
    the memories of what was.

I think it’s great they are out there with original Duke. Thank God we have him and the music and people go to see them !

The four tops are Levi, Duke, Lawrence and Obie

To me this “four tops” is no different than a tribute group [[I feel the same way about the temptations)

And there’s nothing wrong with that

Four tops songs performed live? I’ll be down with that all day long

I’ve seen the tops before, not long after Obie had passed

The show was great, had a fantastic time but I felt the same way then