[REMOVE ADS]

Page 17 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Yo... Moe

Where I come from we all have our respective b-ball team. We talk mucho trash, be it, CIAA, MEAC [[which I'm still letting grow on me) or NCAA but B-ball in NC is all under a "family" umbrella...we talk trash about each other but don't take kindly to outsiders doing it....It's just our way.

Dorian Grey, I mean Coach K's surgery was successful from what I gather. That's always a good thing....NC collegiate B-Ball has lost too many.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Where I come from we all have our respective b-ball team. We talk mucho trash, be it, CIAA, MEAC [[which I'm still letting grow on me) or NCAA but B-ball in NC is all under a "family" umbrella...we talk trash about each other but don't take kindly to outsiders doing it....It's just our way.

Dorian Grey, I mean Coach K's surgery was successful from what I gather. That's always a good thing....NC collegiate B-Ball has lost too many.
    Just realized my feeling may have to do with growing up in the Triangle more so than NC in general. shrugs

My cousin Tony told me about the NCAA championship game in 1981. I hadn't even watched it. He was talking about how bad [[good) Al Wood was and that North Carolina should have beaten Indiana. I kind of shrugged but started paying attention to UNC. The more that I learned about Dean Smith, the more I realized that he was something special and he's the first reason I started rooting for the team. Of course, the next year was the freshman year for Michael Jordan and with that classic win over Georgetown, I was hooked.

If I was in solitary confinement and there was one TV with no remote control and UNC was in the NCAA championship game, Atlanta was playing Miami in the Super Bowl, the Mets were in the World Series, and the Sixers were playing Denver in the NBA finals, I'd tell the jailer to put it on UNC.

And I know that the Rivalry is more intense for the fans than the players. But I dislike dook with a passion. It's no coincidence that when players have been bloodied or elbowed in games between us over the decades, it is literally always the North Carolina player getting hurt. And half the time, there are no fouls called. I can't stand them and if they literally lose every game for the next 20 years, I'll still have a boiling desire to see them lose their next contest as well.

Rant ends. Jerry still doesn't feel better for getting it off of his chest.

Just realized my feeling may have to do with growing up in the Triangle more so than NC in general. shrugs
    With four teams in biking distance of each other, how does one decide which [[if any) to support? I always wondered if there were Wake fans in the Hill, dook fans in Raleigh, UNC fans in Winston-Salem, and State fans in Durham. I'm sure there are, but I bet they all keep it in the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    With four teams in biking distance of each other, how does one decide which [[if any) to support? I always wondered if there were Wake fans in the Hill, dook fans in Raleigh, UNC fans in Winston-Salem, and State fans in Durham. I'm sure there are, but I bet they all keep it in the closet.
    HAHAHA...Naaw they are all pretty vocal. There was a time I paid more attention to CIAA ball cuz the tournament was the place to be back in the day.
    But any team outside the area is always the team you hate. LOL

I was pretty gung ho with State while Valvano was there but after he left, moved over to Carolina. Been a fan err since. But any NC team that makes it to the Final Four that's not UNC, they will always have my support! LOL

...and yes there are several UNC's but only ONE UNC, ya dig? hahahaha

It's funny, when I'm home saying UNC [[when talking b-ball) is never something you need to explain.

My cousin Tony told me about the NCAA championship game in 1981. I hadn't even watched it. He was talking about how bad [[good) Al Wood was and that North Carolina should have beaten Indiana. I kind of shrugged but started paying attention to UNC. The more that I learned about Dean Smith, the more I realized that he was something special and he's the first reason I started rooting for the team. Of course, the next year was the freshman year for Michael Jordan and with that classic win over Georgetown, I was hooked.

If I was in solitary confinement and there was one TV with no remote control and UNC was in the NCAA championship game, Atlanta was playing Miami in the Super Bowl, the Mets were in the World Series, and the Sixers were playing Denver in the NBA finals, I'd tell the jailer to put it on UNC.

And I know that the Rivalry is more intense for the fans than the players. But I dislike dook with a passion. It's no coincidence that when players have been bloodied or elbowed in games between us over the decades, it is literally always the North Carolina player getting hurt. And half the time, there are no fouls called. I can't stand them and if they literally lose every game for the next 20 years, I'll still have a boiling desire to see them lose their next contest as well.

Rant ends. Jerry still doesn't feel better for getting it off of his chest.
    There were a lot good peeps [[players) that came out of Duke so I won't dog them out. Plus I really like Duke's campus.

There will never be another Dean Smith, never , ever. He was definitely one of a kind!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA...Naaw they are all pretty vocal. There was a time I paid more attention to CIAA ball cuz the tournament was the place to be back in the day.
    But any team outside the area is always the team you hate. LOL

I was pretty gung ho with State while Valvano was there but after he left, moved over to Carolina. Been a fan err since. But any NC team that makes it to the Final Four that's not UNC, they will always have my support! LOL

...and yes there are several UNC's but only ONE UNC, ya dig? hahahaha

It's funny, when I'm home saying UNC [[when talking b-ball) is never something you need to explain.
    I understand. I don't understand why State continues to get good players but is still an afterthought in the ACC. I hope I'm not talking too soon, but yesterday was inexcusable. Wake Forest had good teams but they haven't done anything for a while, either. After dook, Maryland used to be the rivalry that I would get stoked over but they took to their program to the Big Ten. The Jordan/Bias rivalry in the NBA would have been phenomenal. There's no telling how good Boston would have been had Bias not died.

So terribly sad.

I understand. I don't understand why State continues to get good players but is still an afterthought in the ACC. I hope I'm not talking too soon, but yesterday was inexcusable. Wake Forest had good teams but they haven't done anything for a while, either. After dook, Maryland used to be the rivalry that I would get stoked over but they took to their program to the Big Ten. The Jordan/Bias rivalry in the NBA would have been phenomenal. There's no telling how good Boston would have been had Bias not died.

So terribly sad.
    Don't have a clue what happened to State. Haven't seen a beating like that since the last CIAA [[Shaw specifically) game I attended years back.

It has to be the coaching and I'm so out of Wolfpack ball I don't know or care who he is.

I was known to pull for Georgetown during the John Thompson days. LOL

Don't remember the year but the first time Seton Hall took it all I thought, where the heck did they come from?

University of Va use to be serious ballers, you may remember Ralph Sampson.

Of course, you can't have a discussion about college B-ball without throwing in UCLA!

My cousin Junior was the only true Georgetown fan that I knew. I didn't appreciate John Thompson back then because I was too young and ignorant to understand the crap that he [[and Nolan Richardson at Arkansas) had to deal with. I now wish that I had liked him back then. His son can't keep the best of Washington/Baltimore from leaving the area, so he hasn't had anything near to his father's level of success. If you get a chance, watch ESPN's "30 for 30: Requiem For The Big East".

I still hold the hard-fought battles with the Ralph Sampson teams against UVa. Even though we won more than we lost. His size and skill set in today's game would make him the best player in the NBA. The game league back then was different.

And UCLA's John Wooden was very much like Dean Smith, a truly wonderful man who found his life's calling. Coaching is not easy but when you can get young men to buy into what you are teaching, the battle is half won. And if you can put your concerns for the young man in front of what he can contribute to your team, then you have the chance to mold boys to men. That's what the best coaches do and it's not always easy.

Everybody gets a knucklehead once in a while.

My cousin Junior was the only true Georgetown fan that I knew. I didn't appreciate John Thompson back then because I was too young and ignorant to understand the crap that he [[and Nolan Richardson at Arkansas) had to deal with. I now wish that I had liked him back then. His son can't keep the best of Washington/Baltimore from leaving the area, so he hasn't had anything near to his father's level of success. If you get a chance, watch ESPN's "30 for 30: Requiem For The Big East".

I still hold the hard-fought battles with the Ralph Sampson teams against UVa. Even though we won more than we lost. His size and skill set in today's game would make him the best player in the NBA. The game league back then was different.

And UCLA's John Wooden was very much like Dean Smith, a truly wonderful man who found his life's calling. Coaching is not easy but when you can get young men to buy into what you are teaching, the battle is half won. And if you can put your concerns for the young man in front of what he can contribute to your team, then you have the chance to mold boys to men. That's what the best coaches do and it's not always easy.

ESPN's "30 for 30: Requiem For The Big East".
    I'll look for it.

Whatever the sport that old school sensibility of building character isn't something you see a lot of these days. As a matter of fact, it's tends to be seen as corny to many folk.

HAHAHA sometimes two or three knuckleheads. LOL

His size and skill set in today's game would make him the best player in the NBA.
    Don't watch a lot of pro ball these days but from the little I've seen, Sampson would have to bulk up to compete in this day and age. Don't you think?

No. Centers are playing further from the bucket than back then. They still post up, but I can see him taking thicker and slower opponents away from the paint and either shooting over them or rolling off picks to the rim faster than they can keep up. I can envision him as a 7'4" power forward.

Hey ms m..i bet duke could beat the wizards,hehehehehe!!!

No. Centers are playing further from the bucket than back then. They still post up, but I can see him taking thicker and slower opponents away from the paint and either shooting over them or rolling off picks to the rim faster than they can keep up. I can envision him as a 7'4" power forward.
    Wow coach.
    Had to stop for a minute and try to visualize that in my head...LOL ..but I get what you're saying.

I was thinking about all the really tall guys, like that Chinese dude [[whose name I can't remember) and they seem to get beat up a lot with injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Hey ms m..i bet duke could beat the wizards,hehehehehe!!!
    HAHAHA...That's pretty cold arr&bee but I think my high school team from back in the day [[we won a few State championships) could have beat the Wizards. LOL

fyi: My HS was also the home of NFL player John Baker and NC'S first Black Sheriff.
    "Big John" Baker is the dude that kicked the butt and helmet off the Giant's QB back in the 60's. So my HS football team probably could have beaten the Skins too. LOL

I owe you that one. HAHAHAHAHAHA...We're even now.

Mo:

Big John was a legend in my neck of the woods and tackling that Giants QB was one of the many stories people would talk about. I had to look up the team he was with at the time cause I couldn't remember but it was.....THE TERRIBLE TOWELS......hahahahahahaha

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1107
Size:  19.1 KB

I heard the stories but never looked up all the info behind them. Now I realize just how much of a big deal that hit really was. wow
    http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/200711010417

I always thought of Sheriff Baker as a gentle giant but I know other folk who were scared to death by him. Now I understand.

Wow poor y.a. The stands look pretty empty this was back when the steelers stunk...hehehehehe!!!

MsM, I remember him!! Never thought about this until you did! He was pre- terrible towels but we would've been waving those towels for him! You know who he reminds me of now? The Steelers defensive player "Big Dan" McCullers.....6ft 7in & over 300 lbs. Here is another gentle giant.....until he plays!

Yes R&B you are right; Steelers did stink back then.

Wow coach.
    Had to stop for a minute and try to visualize that in my head...LOL ..but I get what you're saying.

I was thinking about all the really tall guys, like that Chinese dude [[whose name I can't remember) and they seem to get beat up a lot with injuries.
    That was Yao Ming. His career was cut short when his body betrayed him and his knees [[like Ralph Sampson's) proved not to be capable of supporting an athlete who was that big and that athletic. People are bigger, stronger, and faster than at any time in history but the human knee is as frail as it ever was and incapable of becoming structurally more supportive. Have you noticed that college and pro football linemen play with knee braces even when they are not injured?

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Yes R&B you are right; Steelers did stink back then.
    They still stink. If they wanted to be fair, they would have sat Roethlisburger, Pouncey, and a few other players in the game last week against the Fins. Just to make things even. But did they do that?

What?! You think I need to let it go? LET IT GO?!

Okay. Okay. I let it go. Sh*t happens.

Have you noticed that college and pro football linemen play with knee braces even when they are not injured?
    Never gave it much thought but it makes sense.

They still stink. If they wanted to be fair, they would have sat Roethlisburger, Pouncey, and a few other players in the game last week against the Fins. Just to make things even. But did they do that?

What?! You think I need to let it go? LET IT GO?!

To make things even? Surely you jest?

To give the starters a rest , of course but to make things even...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THAT was funny. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shit happens to all of us at given times, Jerry.
    On to next weekend......

Good luck. I hope you beat Tom Terrific & The ,Cheaters, America's favorite rock band.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    they still stink. If they wanted to be fair, they would have sat roethlisburger, pouncey, and a few other players in the game last week against the fins. Just to make things even. But did they do that?

what?! You think i need to let it go? Let it go?!

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...yeah jerry,how dare they play the first team in a playoff game at home,what are they trying to do win or something???

Is it Sunday yet?

Is it SATURDAY yet?
    I fixed that one for you.

I fixed that one for you.
    HAHAHAHA

You fixed it for YOU but I'll take any distraction I can get!!!!!!

This weekends Pics:

Steelers vs Chiefs
    Me: Steelers
    Mo: Steelers

Houston vs BradyBunch
    Me: Houston

Seattle vs Atlanta
    Me: Atlanta
    Jerry Oz: Atlanta

Greenbay vs My Boyz
    Me: DUH!

Ummm now let's see...i got-green bay over the boyz[sorry pretty one]-steelers over the chiefs in a tight one-atlanta crushes seattle[it's just time]the pats crush houston[they can't hang with tom just yet]...that sets up-nfc championship game-atlanta vs green bay..afc championship game-new england vs pittsburg...oh how exciting-hehehehe!!!!!

Who I want to win:
    Atlanta
    Pittsburgh
    Dallas
    Houston

Who I think will win:
    Atlanta
    Kansas City
    Dallas
    Pewww England

If the texans beat the patriots.wait a minute[insert laugh track-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa]it would be one of the biggest upsets in nfl playoff history..[insert laugh track-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa]!!

Never wanted or cared if the BradyBunch won anything and I'm not about to start now. Don't care that much for Houston either but, go Texans!

This weekends Pics:

Steelers vs Chiefs
    arr&bee: Steelers
    Jerry Oz: KC..... and the sunshine band

Houston vs BradyBunch
    arr&bee: BradyBunch
    Jerry Oz: BradyBunch

Seattle vs Atlanta
    arr&bee: Atlanta

Greenbay vs My Boyz
    Jerry Oz: Dallas
    arr&bee: Greenbay

Winners I'll pick:
    Steelers, Falcons, Patriots [[unfortunately)
    Cowboys.
    If by some miracle Houston would win & the Steelers win they'd comeback to Pittsburgh to play [[that would make me very happy & put me on the 40 YD line for that game!&#128513

This weekends Pics:

Steelers vs Chiefs
    arr&bee: Steelers
    Jerry Oz: KC..... and the sunshine band

Houston vs BradyBunch
    arr&bee: BradyBunch
    Jerry Oz: BradyBunch
    Mo: BradyBunch

Seattle vs Atlanta
    arr&bee: Atlanta
    Mo: Atlanta

Greenbay vs My Boyz
    Jerry Oz: Dallas
    arr&bee: Greenbay
    Mo: Dallas

It's time to get hype!

Rise up! Thomas96, are you with me?

As we say in the 'Burgh

HERE WE GO!!!

Oh, man... I am geeked out and waiting for Saturday afternoon.

What a season. This won't be over for another four weeks.

Rise up! Thomas96, are you with me?
    That was impressive! hahahahahahah

Wow, that's it?

Come on now, you guys are die hard fans of your respective teams, I know you've got more!!!!!

Come on now, you guys are die hard fans of your respective teams, I know you've got more!!!!!
    Well, there's this gif of Julio preparing for Richard Sherman on Saturday afternoon. I made it myself.

And this. I made it as well. Julio as Silky Johnson from the Chappelle Show. My dude...

And just to make sure people know that I believe Julio is going to go Julio on Richard Sherman [[again), I did this one:

My favorite superheroes. The F-Men to the rescue.

[[places hand over mouth)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO