[REMOVE ADS]

Diana's studio chatter on "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" [[mono)

Perhaps this has been discussed before...I was listening to the mono album version of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town from the Expanded Edition with headphones, and noticed you can hear Diana talking in the background, just after 1:20 into the song. It's not very obvious but it was a nice surprise to catch that moment.

Edit: I just searched old threads on the forum and it looks like I already posted about this back in 2015. Lol!
    Last edited by carlo; 11-28-2019 at 02:51 PM.

At least you're consistent!

I've had the mono album since 1965. I noticed the studio chatter right away.
    I was surprised when I first heard a stereo version and the studio chatter was missing. I think Diana Ross is saying something about her ears.

I first heard the stereo versions in the late 1960s when Motown was releasing Christmas compilations. I thought these versions, especially White Christmas and Silver Bells, with additional background vocals, were done in 1967 when Cindy joined the group. I never realized they were the original stereo versions until I found the stereo album years later in a cut-out bin when I was rounding-out my collection. [[I was thrilled to make a rare find of a sealed mono Christmas album, as well, since I prefer the mono album.)
    Last edited by johnjeb; 11-30-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Perhaps this has been discussed before...I was listening to the mono album version of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town from the Expanded Edition with headphones, and noticed you can hear Diana talking in the background, just after 1:20 into the song. It's not very obvious but it was a nice surprise to catch that moment.

Edit: I just searched old threads on the forum and it looks like I already posted about this back in 2015. Lol!
    Lol! I'm sure we all do it carlo! [[Or do we? I can't remember )

I've never noticed this before though so I'll have to listen out for the chatter next time. Great version of a classic though.