[REMOVE ADS]

Tonight Mary Wilson@The Catalina Jazz Club in Hollywood

Former Supreme Mary Wilson will be doing her Jazz show tonight @ The Catalina Jazz Club,in Hollywood,it's on Sunset and Highland,Mary will sing a few Supremes song,this is her Jazz Show,i can't wait to see her tonight.

One for the DRATS Forum methinks.

Wow! I hadn’t heard about that. That is such a great venue to see a singer. It’s small and intimate, the sound is great, the food is good, the crowd is so fun. I love that place. Be sure to let us know what it’s like and try to get a few pictures!

Here she is, the lady herself.......The Catalina Jazz Club:

She is in superb voice in the videos I've seen that were captured at the shows this weekend. There are also a few on Instagram. Here is a link to one of them. Does anyone know what song she is singing in this first video [[see link)? It sounds like a new cover that she has recently added to her set. Sounds good...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsPreJUl...=1rka439f4tavv

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    She is in superb voice in the videos I've seen that were captured at the shows this weekend. There are also a few on Instagram. Here is a link to one of them. Does anyone know what song she is singing in this first video [[see link)? It sounds like a new cover that she has recently added to her set. Sounds good...

That song is "When October Goes," music by Johnny Mercer, lyrics by Barry Manilow, most likely sung in tribute to her idol Nancy Wilson, who released her version in 1991.
    Last edited by sansradio; 01-06-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    That song is "When October Goes," music by Johnny Mercer, lyrics by Barry Manilow, most likely sung in tribute to her idol Nancy Wilson, who released her version in 1991.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Thank you!
    Sure thing!

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    She nailed it! Wow!!!! Thank you Sansradio.

I wished they had posted the full video of this

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She nailed it! Wow!!!! Thank you Sansradio.
    You got it!

Mary just seems ageless. So thankful so many of the Supremes are still around
    and putting it out there.

That is such a brilliant vocal performance from Mary. She really wears her heart on her sleeve when singing "Both Sides Now". No bum notes here, just pure quality singing.
    A cd pleeeze.