[REMOVE ADS]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Since this was bumped up by Kenneth's eloquent review of the set, I thought I'd mention in passing that Caroline [[the record company) never responded to my e-mail praising and thanking them for this set. Does anyone know how it has done sales-wise? Did anyone who e-mailed Caroline ever get a response/acknowledgement?

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Since this was bumped up by Kenneth's eloquent review of the set, I thought I'd mention in passing that Caroline [[the record company) never responded to my e-mail praising and thanking them for this set. Does anyone know how it has done sales-wise? Did anyone who e-mailed Caroline ever get a response/acknowledgement?
    Thanks for reading my post about the latest volume in the series.

You know, it is unbelievable that no one has responded to the fans regarding this release, especially considering what a niche market this is. If she had any marketing sense, she would respond the way Gordon Anderson does of real gone music, or the way that our friends on the forum such as Harry, George, Keith and others respond to the fans’ questions and comments, no matter how specific to the individual user and listener.

In this thread, earlier I had commented not to let their lack of response affect our purchase of this great set, but it is extremely irritating when you reach out to a company like that who has every resource at their disposal to respond, and they don’t even bother. They’re missing and alienating their target audience who holds the ability to make these releases successful or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Thanks for reading my post about the latest volume in the series.

You know, it is unbelievable that no one has responded to the fans regarding this release, especially considering what a niche market this is. If she had any marketing sense, she would respond the way Gordon Anderson does of real gone music, or the way that our friends on the forum such as Harry, George, Keith and others respond to the fans’ questions and comments, no matter how specific to the individual user and listener.

In this thread, earlier I had commented not to let their lack of response affect our purchase of this great set, but it is extremely irritating when you reach out to a company like that who has every resource at their disposal to respond, and they don’t even bother. They’re missing and alienating their target audience who holds the ability to make these releases successful or not.
    I've once more brought this to their attention although I have to say I have no more direct contact with the record company than you guys do - I agree just a courtesy - 'we've received your email' would have been something....

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    I've once more brought this to their attention although I have to say I have no more direct contact with the record company than you guys do - I agree just a courtesy - 'we've received your email' would have been something....
    Maybe Tammi Terrell [[and the Monitors and Kim & Marvin) summed it up best: it's "Just Too Much To Hope For". In the end, the sales and our buying this set will say more than anything else-at least that seems to be the way in Corporate America. Courtesy seems to be slowly becoming a quaint notion of the past.

Still, maybe once the pandemic is over, someone will finally acknowledge all the messages.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    Maybe Tammi Terrell [[and the Monitors and Kim & Marvin) summed it up best: it's "Just Too Much To Hope For". In the end, the sales and our buying this set will say more than anything else-at least that seems to be the way in Corporate America. Courtesy seems to be slowly becoming a quaint notion of the past.

Still, maybe once the pandemic is over, someone will finally acknowledge all the messages.
    Sorry guys I have a bit of a confession to make apparently Caroline UK do not monitor that address on the website info@caroline.com and have no knowledge of it and I do not know of a generic sales department email address which would reach them. I sent them a link from here and other fan sites so they could see the attention the release was getting to which they were very pleased. So all your efforts [[thanks to me) were in vain but I appreciate your enthusiasm for the COM series and hope to be able to continue it somewhere in the 'nearer' future.

Sorry guys I have a bit of a confession to make apparently Caroline UK do not monitor that address on the website info@caroline.com and have no knowledge of it and I do not know of a generic sales department email address which would reach them. I sent them a link from here and other fan sites so they could see the attention the release was getting to which they were very pleased. So all your efforts [[thanks to me) were in vain but I appreciate your enthusiasm for the COM series and hope to be able to continue it somewhere in the 'nearer' future.
    Confession not necessary among Motown Swingers and Friends; I don't think anyone will fault you as far as whether or not the fans' emails were viewed. You are the bringer of amazing Motown gifts! Here's hoping good things for the "nearer" future.

Paul, thank YOU for following up on this for us and getting an update. Glad to know they were pleased with the response to this release. Here's hoping that makes it possible for you to continue the series somewhere in the 'nearer' future!

Well, @paul_nixon, I guess considering all the music you have found for us to enjoy, we have to forgive you!

I couldn't find this available as a download anywhere so I've HAD to put the CD on my Christmas list this year, heeheeeee

Your punishment, Paul Nixon, should you choose to accept, is to conjure up a CFOM Volume 6. After all you are a master magician at pulling vaulted tracks out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Your punishment, Paul Nixon, should you choose to accept, is to conjure up a CFOM Volume 6. After all you are a master magician at pulling vaulted tracks out of the bag.
    Already conjured up and ready to go just need a friendly outlet prepared to release it...

Already conjured up and ready to go just need a friendly outlet prepared to release it...
    Oh Okay. Well, given that it's prepared how soon might we get it once an agreement is made. We all know that it's not wise to oversaturate the market with product. What quarter of 2021 might we see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Oh Okay. Well, given that it's prepared how soon might we get it once an agreement is made. We all know that it's not wise to oversaturate the market with product. What quarter of 2021 might we see this?
    Not quite that easy as I say a record label has to be persuaded that this is a thing they would like to do and in today's current climate that's not an easy thing to do

Absolutely can't wait. Hope some tops make the cut. Lol

Paul Nixon, did you ever contact David Nathan about maybe releasing the next CFOM?

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Paul Nixon, did you ever contact David Nathan about maybe releasing the next CFOM?
    It's all about the licensing and getting someone interested in going through all that is getting very difficult

Paul
    Are Caroline.not following up after the success of vol 5?

So chuffed when I saw it advertised, and certainly pleased when it arrived. Hope we don't have to wait as long for Volume 6 :-)

We Dub Thee

Santa made me hold out [[and be good) until Christmas Day until I got my 'Cellarful of Motown Vol. 5', but it was definitely worth the wait of a few months since its release date. All I can say is that if SoulfulDetroit had a New Year's Honours List like the UK, then Paul Nixon and all those involved would receive a knighthood for rummaging around those dusty old vaults and pulling out all those gems to assemble into an actual CD, no less, to keep us fans happy and give us so much listening enjoyment. That's what it's all about.

For Services To Motown Swingers And Friends: Arise Sir Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by TomBairdFan View Post
    Santa made me hold out [[and be good) until Christmas Day until I got my 'Cellarful of Motown Vol. 5', but it was definitely worth the wait of a few months since its release date. All I can say is that if SoulfulDetroit had a New Year's Honours List like the UK, then Paul Nixon and all those involved would receive a knighthood for rummaging around those dusty old vaults and pulling out all those gems to assemble into an actual CD, no less, to keep us fans happy and give us so much listening enjoyment. That's what it's all about.

For Services To Motown Swingers And Friends: Arise Sir Paul!
    That's very kind of you young sir and much appreciated I am glad that you enjoyed the new volume and in a way keeping it for Christmas was a smart move - let's hope the power that be show interest in further sets - there is so much more to be done...Happy New Year everyone - keep safe and like I always say with Motown never say never...

That's very kind of you young sir and much appreciated I am glad that you enjoyed the new volume and in a way keeping it for Christmas was a smart move - let's hope the power that be show interest in further sets - there is so much more to be done...Happy New Year everyone - keep safe and like I always say with Motown never say never...
    Just wanted to say a final thankyou to all the supporters of the COM series and this latest volume which looks like being every bit as successful as it's predecessors. Amazon reported great sales figures and at a time of austerity this was some achievement. To have gained such a high placing on Amazons charts and got almost a 5 star rating this was phenomenal - fingers crossed for many more to come.

Just wanted to say a final thankyou to all the supporters of the COM series and this latest volume which looks like being every bit as successful as it's predecessors. Amazon reported great sales figures and at a time of austerity this was some achievement. To have gained such a high placing on Amazons charts and got almost a 5 star rating this was phenomenal - fingers crossed for many more to come.
    You're Welcome Paul!! I've been enjoying my copy of Cellarful 5 since it came out and I'm so happy that the set is doing well. Hope there's 'Many More To Come'. In the meantime...Thanks to You & everyone involved for their hard work.

Glad to hear the set has done as well as we all would've hoped! Hopefully this makes Universal and/or Caroline decide to move forward with CFOM6...VERY soon! Fingers crossed!