[REMOVE ADS]

Music And Me [[alternative take) - MJ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2MDTQLoUpU

A very interesting take where MJ was clearly going to puberty and struggling to maintain the high voice they asked him...

The amazing thing is that forcing the voice at the time of growth, he will eventually fortify it, and be able to sing with a pre-puberal and clear ‘musical’ voice.
    Although when he was 10/11, he seemed to promise a hoarse, very soul voice...

Thanks for sharing a great find. I hope Motown release some alternate takes officially. I know "I wanna be where you are" and "When I come of age" have alternate takes floating around the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatkliqkid View Post
    Thanks for sharing a great find. I hope Motown release some alternate takes officially. I know "I wanna be where you are" and "When I come of age" have alternate takes floating around the internet.
    My right arm for some great alternative takes!
    I dream about box sets like Capitol Records released for Pet Sound or Smile sessions...

This is from the session, there's a few other alternate vocals/demo vocals for a lot of the J5 and MJ solo stuff

Michael was pure voice on this recording. Sometimes sounding like a choirboy. I love this song.

Thank you Suedehead for sharing it here.
    Last edited by marv2; 10-13-2019 at 09:43 AM.

I hope we one day get an official release of "Ben" from the movie, which sounds different from the version released.

I hope we one day get an official release of "Ben" from the movie, which sounds different from the version released.
    Really? I never knew that. I'd like to hear it too.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Really? I never knew that. I'd like to hear it too.
    You can hear it in the background of the final scene of the movie

You know I went to see this movie when I was in the 6th Grade and the song was what encouraged us to go see it. Thanks

The main thing I noticed that was different is that they dropped out the background voices of the other Jackson brothers for part of the song included in the movie version. The backing vocals are different from the single all together.

This version is still unreleased.

A rare one-side 7” promo on the cinerama label featured an excerpt of Ben [[about 0:60), accompanied in the background by the sound of screaming rats...

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    This version is still unreleased.

A rare one-side 7” promo on the cinerama label featured an excerpt of Ben [[about 0:60), accompanied in the background by the sound of screaming rats...
    I think I have a better sounding version of the Movie Version on a hard drive somewhere. If I find it, I'll post it

There's also some alternate takes of When I Come of Age, Money Honey, I Hear A Symphony, and some others floating around
    Last edited by jaywonder; 10-18-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaywonder View Post
    I think I have a better sounding version of the Movie Version on a hard drive somewhere. If I find it, I'll post it

There's also some alternate takes of When I Come of Age, Money Honey, I Hear A Symphony, and some others floating around
    Please share if you can, thank you!