[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Supremes at 60: Mary Wilson Says Reunion "Up to Diana Ross"

Another interview, but same questions and answers. Nothing new.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-to-diana-ross

Glad to hear Mary say that she has moved on. Please Mary move on.

Maybe she would move on if we as fans stop hoping for or stop bringing it up.

I have to say we’ve discussed it all many times, the threads seem to be declining, there’s not much dissension any more, there are no tours, no big in person shows - are things getting a little stale - Mary and the Supremes included?

Here we go again.......

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Maybe she would move on if we as fans stop hoping for or stop bringing it up.
    It is not the fans that are constantly bringing it up. Even in the pandemic, Mary is finding ways to do interviews and the interviewers use her as a conduit to talk about Diana and/or The Supremes. Very few questions about Mary herself. We have heard the stories a million times. How did the group start? And will there ever be a re-union? Mary keeps leaving the door open and saying that it is up to Diana.

Twenty years ago Barbara Walters asked Diana if there anything that she could say to Mary to make it possible for her to work with Mary. Diana said that she knows basically in her heart that it would be very hard for her to work with Mary on stage. Diana said that a certain point she needs to let go because she did try.

Diana let it go. If Mary also lets it go instead of saying its up to Diana, then the fans will stop hoping.

I see no problem reporting these Mary interviews, but we, as fans should take them at face value. They give Mary some publicity, but they should not give us hope for a re-union. I read and listen to almost everything about the Supremes, including the Mary interviews. But, as far as hoping for a re-union, most of us fans have moved on a long time ago. Mary should too.

True,,, I think if Mary just said once …"Its not going to happen", and that time has come and gone it would end there. I believe Diana has made sure when she is interviewed that you drop that question or at least the folks interviewing her concentrate on where she is going next.

It's been time to move on for 22 years.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    True,,, I think if Mary just said once …"Its not going to happen", and that time has come and gone it would end there. I believe Diana has made sure when she is interviewed that you drop that question or at least the folks interviewing her concentrate on where she is going next.
    Whilst i agree with what you say, if Mary did actually come out and say it's not going to happen it would close the door on many future interview opportunities for her.
    I somehow don't see journalists beating down her door asking when her long promised new album is being released or when can we expect Red Hot expanded edition to hit the streets.
    Mary is smart enough to know her connection to Diana is her gateway to future publicity.
    We all know Diana will not entertain the idea of sharing a stage with Mary again.
    She moved on from that many years ago. If Mary were to do the same she may as well hang up her microphone right now, and we all know that will not happen unless the pandemic forces her to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Whilst i agree with what you say, if Mary did actually come out and say it's not going to happen it would close the door on many future interview opportunities for her.
    I somehow don't see journalists beating down her door asking when her long promised new album is being released or when can we expect Red Hot expanded edition to hit the streets.
    Mary is smart enough to know her connection to Diana is her gateway to future publicity.
    We all know Diana will not entertain the idea of sharing a stage with Mary again.
    She moved on from that many years ago. If Mary were to do the same she may as well hang up her microphone right now, and we all know that will not happen unless the pandemic forces her to retire.
    Very true. And no one cares except for us long time fans and I suspect we are dwindling a little bit.

I think it's becoming pretty clear that there isn't going to be a lot of concerts and touring for the majority of this year and not a lot of air travel.

I wonder how many of these heritage artists will be able to start again whenever that time comes.

Hey guys, Mary clearly states in this interview she's moved on. I think all of you should too...

people and the media will always be interested and want to speak with Mary... she was, always will be a `supreme’.

ps Red Hot was a single .. not the title of her Motown album [[and some of us do want to see her album reissued and expanded )

good for Mary. Never say never .

Maybe Diana needs to listen to her own messaging

reach out and touch somebody's hand make this word a better place if you can
    . In these times - what a powerful imagery , these two showing the world how important/easy/desirable it is to get along

And if we can't even connect with those people who so greatly shared in such important parts in our lives [[especially when reaching an age when so few are left) ....what hope do we as a universal people have...

And I'm not talking about scheming up a cash-in world tour ....how about inviting someone over for some friendly tea in the garden ...[[ and let Evan leak a couple of images off his cell phone)

For those who didn’t read the answer to the question here it is:

Do you think that ended the chance of a reunion with Diana?
    Well, let’s put it this way: It’s really up to Diana. I don't think she wants to do that. It doesn’t make sense unless you come together lovingly. Or at least have an understanding. It can be an understanding, that’s fine. But I don't think she does want to. So therefore I'm going on with my life. I look at it like this, especially with this pandemic: Who knows when the end may come. And at 76 and a half years old I'm not going to sit around waiting for something. As my mother used to say, don't cry over spilled milk. I have too much to live for now and be happy about.

[FONT="]Do you think that ended the chance of a reunion with Diana?[/FONT]
    Well, let’s put it this way: It’s really up to Diana. I don't think she wants to do that. It doesn’t make sense unless you come together lovingly. Or at least have an understanding. It can be an understanding, that’s fine. But I don't think she does want to. So therefore I'm going on with my life. I look at it like this, especially with this pandemic: Who knows when the end may come. And at 76 and a half years old I'm not going to sit around waiting for something. As my mother used to say, don't cry over spilled milk. I have too much to live for now and be happy about.
    Yea it's a no.

Still a wee bit sad and sorry; I bet they are too.

Mary Wilson doesn’t have to live in anyone’s shadow. Everyone who needs to know, knows who she is. I think it’s great that she doesn’t say “It’s not going to happen”. Why give up hope? She doesn’t seem bothered by it at this point. It would be great for us, the fans. Financially, it would be great for them, but neither of them needs the reunion. If it happens, I’ll buy my ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by kpitt1204 View Post
    Mary Wilson doesn’t have to live in anyone’s shadow. Everyone who needs to know, knows who she is. I think it’s great that she doesn’t say “It’s not going to happen”. Why give up hope? She doesn’t seem bothered by it at this point. It would be great for us, the fans. Financially, it would be great for them, but neither of them needs the reunion. If it happens, I’ll buy my ticket!
    Basically how I feel. I do believe there will never be a reunion tour. While very youthful, these women are closer to 80 than 70 and I just don't see throngs of audiences packing into venues in the future to see it. I'll always cross my fingers for a one night show, maybe for charity, or maybe a television appearance like the Grammys or something. One thing we should do is stop acting like stranger things have never happened. There has been some bad feelings between these two women, words have been said, books have been written, but it's not like either woman broke up the other woman's happy home or molested the other's children or any such line that can never be uncrossed. My gut tells me that unless someone with influence in her life ever appeals to her nostalgic side about it, Diana has exed a Mary Supremes reunion off of her to do list. Mary on the other hand, being very nostalgic, will probably never let it go in her heart, even if she says she has with her lips. Plus, if she says with finality that it'll never happen, and then Diana does change her mind, that could complicate things. Wise business move to keep the door open. I do believe Mary when she says she has other things in her life that keep her happy and occupied. There's always this talk about how much Diana loves her family and thus she doesn't have room in her life for anything else. I don't know why there's a thought that Mary's family isn't taking up space in her life, making this stage of life rewarding as the matriarch of a family. I doubt she keeps Diana on her mind as much as many fans do.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Basically how I feel. I do believe there will never be a reunion tour. While very youthful, these women are closer to 80 than 70 and I just don't see throngs of audiences packing into venues in the future to see it. I'll always cross my fingers for a one night show, maybe for charity, or maybe a television appearance like the Grammys or something. One thing we should do is stop acting like stranger things have never happened. There has been some bad feelings between these two women, words have been said, books have been written, but it's not like either woman broke up the other woman's happy home or molested the other's children or any such line that can never be uncrossed. My gut tells me that unless someone with influence in her life ever appeals to her nostalgic side about it, Diana has exed a Mary Supremes reunion off of her to do list. Mary on the other hand, being very nostalgic, will probably never let it go in her heart, even if she says she has with her lips. Plus, if she says with finality that it'll never happen, and then Diana does change her mind, that could complicate things. Wise business move to keep the door open. I do believe Mary when she says she has other things in her life that keep her happy and occupied. There's always this talk about how much Diana loves her family and thus she doesn't have room in her life for anything else. I don't know why there's a thought that Mary's family isn't taking up space in her life, making this stage of life rewarding as the matriarch of a family. I doubt she keeps Diana on her mind as much as many fans do.
    I think mary is working more because she has to.

also i think Mary is close with her family too. i've never really heard too much negative about her as a mother so i would assume she too is a strong one. of course there was the terrible tragedy with her son's death. just a hideous thing for a parent to experience

my thoughts are that DR made a LOT of money in the 80s. that allowed her to set herself up for life. no idea what she did in terms of savings during the years.

royalties don't have the standard Social Security deductions that a typical salary does. so that means the entertainer would need to set up their own pre and post tax savings options. and most people maximize their earnings and retirement savings in the 30s - early 50s.

Mary and Diana turned 30 in 1974 and 50 in 1994. During these years Diana really supercharged her income with the RCA deal and investments. Mary struggled during many of these years, from a financial standpoint. just by going on her books, the late 70s and 80s were harder for her. her books helped bring in more money. don't know how much she was able to save for retirement.

If you go look up Net Worth you see some surprising figures - Tracey $20 million, Evan $25 million, Diana $250 million, Mary $8 million

And how accurate is that list? That same list has Flo worth 400,000
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    If you go look up Net Worth you see some surprising figures - Tracey $20 million, Evan $25 million, Diana $250 million, Mary $8 million

Yes Mary struggled back in the day but she reached out to Diana for help and Diana helped her more than once. Mary is in good place in her life now because of a book that was written that ended a friendship.

When Diana left Motown [[and thank GOD she did) she was left with around $200 thousand. She had learned from Gordy and got smart.

I thought RTL or a reunion would only add or start another book from Mary.

There's always a reek of desperation when Wilson brings up Diana. Surely she can't really think there is any desire for a reunion after she hot-messed M25 and RTL. The most informative thing I've read in years was the recent re-post about 'Farewell' that mentioned how difficult it was to edit good takes due [[partly) to Wilson's nightly snarky remarks, on stage, about Diana during the farewell run of live dates. This information came from a non-partisan person who was editing the tapes so is most likely true. Though a vastly different situation, I can't help but thinking about tomorrow's Biden-Harris inauguration and the ex-prez-to-be's refusal to attend the event. Some people just can't see beyond themselves, even in high-profile situations.

Chile please you’re acting like no one here doesn’t know this story Deke Richards told a few years back. And please don’t put words in his mouth. Snarky isn’t what he described as far as what Mary said that it was a sharply edged quip or 2. Which could mean a lot but since we weren’t there we don’t know.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    There's always a reek of desperation when Wilson brings up Diana. Surely she can't really think there is any desire for a reunion after she hot-messed M25 and RTL. The most informative thing I've read in years was the recent re-post about 'Farewell' that mentioned how difficult it was to edit good takes due [[partly) to Wilson's nightly snarky remarks, on stage, about Diana during the farewell run of live dates. This information came from a non-partisan person who was editing the tapes so is most likely true. Though a vastly different situation, I can't help but thinking about tomorrow's Biden-Harris inauguration and the ex-prez-to-be's refusal to attend the event. Some people just can't see beyond themselves, even in high-profile situations.

Chile please you’re acting like no one here doesn’t know this story Deke Richards told a few years back. And please don’t put words in his mouth. Snarky isn’t what he described as far as what Mary said that it was a sharply edged quip or 2. Which could mean a lot but since we weren’t there we don’t know.
    Well said blackguy69. I think it important to stick to the truth as best we can. A sharply edged quip is hardly a snarky remark, unless of course it complies with a certain agenda.
    Mary cast as the wicked Supreme once again. Who would have thought?.
    Last edited by Ollie9; 01-20-2021 at 07:09 AM.

i'm assuming that none of us here on SD were at the final Farewell show - maybe with the exception of Randy or Russ. so we don't know exactly what Mary's quips and remarks were. Deke's post however certainly didn't make these out to be innocent little one-liners. Were they dripping with hate and resentment? probably not. were they revealing a glimpse of some of the behind the scenes angst? possibly. it has been well documented that by 69, the group was essentially dysfunctional and simply going through a LONG series of required events before they could finally split.

as for Mary's response to the never ending questions about a reunion, there isn't much more to say. I don't know that saying "it's all up to diana" makes much sense as it sort of shifts the blame for the lack of a reunion onto Diana's shoulders. Mary might want one but she definitely needs to acknowledge her role in the two previous attempts.

Perhaps a more diplomatic response would be say "singing together on stage is probably not likely since we're getting older, focusing on our families. But we were together and had a marvelous time at the premier of the Motown Musical, all of these great old Sullivan clips are coming online now. so a reunion today really probably wouldn't be what everyone had in mind so let's enjoy the history instead."

Do you think that ended the chance of a reunion with Diana?
    There would have to be a sense of genuine fun and of purpose .Otherwise it would likely be bittersweet at this point, maybe even sad to witness. All this wasted time , hating.

And Mary as one Supreme , with ?? as the other , standing behind Diana Ross while Diana leads isn't going to fly.
    [[On top of that , I suspect Mary has the stronger voice at this time [[?))

I think the best avenue is for Diana to invite Mary to join her on this supposed new album. One song , not a remake, and especially not of one of their old tunes or a medley. Something written with the two of them in mind , maybe playing off the word " supreme", incorporating it somehow , and perhaps its upbeat with a Motown feel to it .

Too bad Paul Jabarra isn't around for the assignment . I 'm picturing a poignant frolic around a title like "WE LIVED OUR DREAMS, GIRL!"

That might provide a source for a cleansing [[cathartic) for both of them !!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 01-20-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Well said blackguy69. I think it important to stick to the truth as best we can. A sharply edged quip is hardly a snarky remark, unless of course it complies with a certain agenda.
    Mary cast as the wicked Supreme once again. Who would have thought?.
    Does any one remember on the LP where Mary is doing some of her quick remarks and Diana says ...............""""OHHH shut up.""""" ? When I heard this for the first time I knew something was going on at that one of several final shows. Diana telling Mary to shut up meant she was being obnoxious.

Does any one remember on the LP where Mary is doing some of her quick remarks and Diana says ...............""""OHHH shut up.""""" ? When I heard this for the first time I knew something was going on at that one of several final shows. Diana telling Mary to shut up meant she was being obnoxious.
    I wouldn’t say Diana was being obnoxious, but telling someone to shut up does sound rather rude. I’m sure they loved each other really.

I think that was just patter to set up their performance of AQUARIUS/LET THE SUNSHINE IN. If Deke thought that was a dig, he would have cut it out. And if I remember correctly, Diana said something like "Everyone today is following the stars. Ah, shut up!" The "Ah, shut up!" in reference to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think that was just patter to set up their performance of AQUARIUS/LET THE SUNSHINE IN. If Deke thought that was a dig, he would have cut it out.
    Exactly reece. It’s called stage banter.

I never noticed anything about Aquarius other than it was boring and too long. As a historical record, I guess it's nice to have.

I bet I haven't listened to it since 1969 or 1970 - and I think the valuable piece on the record was the version of Didn't We.

I've never noticed anything at all about the Supremes on it.

while i don't listen to Side 3 of Farewell often, i think it's an important inclusion on the album and equally important as part of the overall Supremes discography and story.

If you line up their live albums that were released at the time, it makes such an incredible story.

Listen to their excitement and showmanship on Copa, then how it evolves to TOTT. Diana really begins to emerge strongly as a versatile superstar on TCB and [[pars of) GIT.

you then culminate in farewell. listen to how diana handles the crowd on Sunshine. there isn't 1 bit of awkwardness or insecurity. she is in TOTAL command but it was SOOOOOOO unique and different. very rarely do musicians or stars leave the security of the stage to mingle with the audience. and to do so in the middle of a song, make people stand up and sing.

We've all become highly accustomed to this now due to the way she utilized Reach Out and Touch in her shows. today it's no surprise to see or think of Diana doing a singalong. But in 1969 - WOW!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    It is not the fans that are constantly bringing it up. Even in the pandemic, Mary is finding ways to do interviews and the interviewers use her as a conduit to talk about Diana and/or The Supremes. Very few questions about Mary herself. We have heard the stories a million times. How did the group start? And will there ever be a re-union? Mary keeps leaving the door open and saying that it is up to Diana.

Twenty years ago Barbara Walters asked Diana if there anything that she could say to Mary to make it possible for her to work with Mary. Diana said that she knows basically in her heart that it would be very hard for her to work with Mary on stage. Diana said that a certain point she needs to let go because she did try.

Diana let it go. If Mary also lets it go instead of saying its up to Diana, then the fans will stop hoping.

I see no problem reporting these Mary interviews, but we, as fans should take them at face value. They give Mary some publicity, but they should not give us hope for a re-union. I read and listen to almost everything about the Supremes, including the Mary interviews. But, as far as hoping for a re-union, most of us fans have moved on a long time ago. Mary should too.

What a great picture of Diana and Mary. Makes me sad though that Flo is not with us to be a part of those photo ops when they happen.

I wouldn’t say Diana was being obnoxious, but telling someone to shut up does sound rather rude. I’m sure they loved each other really.
    I am sorry you misread my point I was trying to make. I was actually saying Mary was being obnoxious.

I am sorry you misread my point I was trying to make. I was actually saying Mary was being obnoxious.
    Must have been a fun run of concerts with Mary being obnoxious all over the place.
    Poor Diana.

Must have been a fun run of concerts with Mary being obnoxious all over the place.
    Poor Diana.
    Ha ha. As you know only too well Ollie they can both be very difficult individuals. Diana demands centre stage at all times and does not wish to share the spotlight with anyone, whilst Mary was jealous and envious that Diana got all the media attention and made things as uncomfortable as possible for Diana.
    Someone should have banged their heads together and told them to stop behaving like immature teenagers.
    I am sure both ladies would have behaved differently when they looked back at their antics.

Yes, I think all their remarks and stage banter almost cost the fans a Farewell album. So, my hats off to Deke for being able to cut out what he saw as being inappropriate.

Sometimes the new interviews that Mary gives in which she mentions about it being up to Diana if there is to be a re-union inspires other articles to be written which bring up old info and old interviews.

Here is a new article that came out this week, but it is just a rehash of old negative stuff that Mary said years ago in old interviews or in her books. We, as fans, know it is all regurgitated old stuff, but here it is again for others , who are not in the know, to read. This one says that Diana tried to sabotage the other members of the Supremes.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...supremes.html/

I still think the Supreme legacy would be better off if Mary did not continually say that a re-union is up to Diana.
    Last edited by milven; 01-22-2021 at 04:14 PM.

Ha ha. As you know only too well Ollie they can both be very difficult individuals. Diana demands centre stage at all times and does not wish to share the spotlight with anyone, whilst Mary was jealous and envious that Diana got all the media attention and made things as uncomfortable as possible for Diana.
    Someone should have banged their heads together and told them to stop behaving like immature teenagers.
    I am sure both ladies would have behaved differently when they looked back at their antics.
    An honest evaluation Bluebrock.

This doesn’t look like an actual interview. It looks more like pieces of past interviews put together to make an article.
    Sometimes the new interviews that Mary gives in which she mentions about it being up to Diana if there is to be a re-union inspires other articles to be written which bring up old info and old interviews.

Here is a new article that came out this week, but it is just a rehash of old negative stuff that Mary said years ago in old interviews or in her books. We, as fans, know it is all regurgitated old stuff, but here it is again for others , who are not in the know, to read. This one says that Diana tried to sabotage the other members of the Supremes.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...supremes.html/

I still think the Supreme legacy would be better off if Mary did not continually say that a re-union is up to Diana.

An honest evaluation Bluebrock.
    I agree. Non-partisan and honest.

I agree as well but not very professional for a group that has been in business for so any years.

Honest I agree non partisan that’s a different story
    Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I agree. Non-partisan and honest.

Exactly reece. It’s called stage banter.
    Deke told me the same thing about the farewell album, that Mary was out of control and made so many rude, snotty and/or bitchy remarks, It made editing a usable performance a total nightmare for him. He said Berry was livid, and Cindy told that there was a lot of animosity on stage in the last shows. She didn’t blame Mary per se, but she did say, rather coyly, that Mary had been drinking champagne all night and left it at that. She also talked about the party afterwords, and how awkward it was, except for Barry who was absolutely the happiest man in the world. She said she was worried about how the group would fare after Diana left, and that night at the party, Also began to feel sorry for Diana because she was moving into uncharted territory. She said that she knew Diana was liked by their audiences but didn’t know if that was going to work as a solo, and if it didn’t work out, would she come back to the group? That thought brought up a lot of concerns for her, so, while everyone else was celebrating, she began to have doubts that made her uncomfortable, Mary had been hostile to Diana on stage, and was completely ignoring her at the party while they were doing press and posing for pictures. She said Mary left kind of early without really saying she was leaving the party for good. She said Diana was acting like she was enjoying the party, but “was off.” She was looking forward to having a happy group dynamic again, not knowing that it would be that was again. I hope her book comes out sometime.

I thought RTL or a reunion would only add or start another book from Mary.
    It did allow Mary to add another part to the publication of the combined autobios. I don't know if combining the two books was already in progress or if the RTL drama resulted in the opportunity to merge the two. I have a copy of the combined books and it's very well done. I don't ever pull out the stand alone copies of each book anymore.

Had everything taken place the way it should have, had everyone done what she needed to do to make it a smooth go, RTL could've been an excellent addendum to Mary's books.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    while i don't listen to Side 3 of Farewell often, i think it's an important inclusion on the album and equally important as part of the overall Supremes discography and story.

If you line up their live albums that were released at the time, it makes such an incredible story.

Listen to their excitement and showmanship on Copa, then how it evolves to TOTT. Diana really begins to emerge strongly as a versatile superstar on TCB and [[pars of) GIT.

you then culminate in farewell. listen to how diana handles the crowd on Sunshine. there isn't 1 bit of awkwardness or insecurity. she is in TOTAL command but it was SOOOOOOO unique and different. very rarely do musicians or stars leave the security of the stage to mingle with the audience. and to do so in the middle of a song, make people stand up and sing.

We've all become highly accustomed to this now due to the way she utilized Reach Out and Touch in her shows. today it's no surprise to see or think of Diana doing a singalong. But in 1969 - WOW!!!!!!
    I think "Aquarius" would've been fine with just the Motown stars included. The other folks were unnecessary. But Diana is in fine form and Cindy was even given a chance to let loose. I love the inclusion of "The Impossible Dream" on this album, but was a bit disappointed in "Someday We'll Be Together" and it's toned down musical backing. I wonder if that was a decision for the very last performance or if the other nights also had them using the same arrangement. The ladies all sounded great on it though.

But why wouldn't she say that if it's the truth? Lets be real, Diana calls Mary up tomorrow and says "lets do this for real, the right way", before Diana could hang the phone up, Mary would already be on a plane. That is, of course, if Mary has learned anything from what happened last time. I suspect that Mary would love nothing more than to be able to stand on stage as a Supreme alongside the last living other original at least one more time. And who knows, Diana might want the same thing, even if her good sense is telling her to leave that door closed. [[We all have had things we wanted but knew it would probably never be.) I think most of us with common sense knows that the ball is always in Diana's court. She's the bigger star, the biggest name recognition, the biggest concert draw, the biggest viewer draw. She'll always have more power than Mary. Add to that, it would just be bad business sense for Mary to make such a public declaration. What if she says that and meanwhile Diana has been toying with an idea but sees what Mary says and then Diana says to herself "Well that's that". Obviously that's no big deal to Diana financially, but it could end a nice little taste of change for Mary. She's wise to keep tossing that ball back to Diana. How about if Diana's so against it she just come right out and say "Please stop asking Mary Wilson about me and a Supremes reunion. I'm not interested. I'll never be interested. Tell the fans to turn their attention to reuniting Martha and the original Vandellas and leave this issue alone." At that point Mary has no choice but to echo the same sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    But why wouldn't she say that if it's the truth? Lets be real, Diana calls Mary up tomorrow and says "lets do this for real, the right way", before Diana could hang the phone up, Mary would already be on a plane. That is, of course, if Mary has learned anything from what happened last time. I suspect that Mary would love nothing more than to be able to stand on stage as a Supreme alongside the last living other original at least one more time. And who knows, Diana might want the same thing, even if her good sense is telling her to leave that door closed. [[We all have had things we wanted but knew it would probably never be.) I think most of us with common sense knows that the ball is always in Diana's court. She's the bigger star, the biggest name recognition, the biggest concert draw, the biggest viewer draw. She'll always have more power than Mary. Add to that, it would just be bad business sense for Mary to make such a public declaration. What if she says that and meanwhile Diana has been toying with an idea but sees what Mary says and then Diana says to herself "Well that's that". Obviously that's no big deal to Diana financially, but it could end a nice little taste of change for Mary. She's wise to keep tossing that ball back to Diana. How about if Diana's so against it she just come right out and say "Please stop asking Mary Wilson about me and a Supremes reunion. I'm not interested. I'll never be interested. Tell the fans to turn their attention to reuniting Martha and the original Vandellas and leave this issue alone." At that point Mary has no choice but to echo the same sentiment.
    it may be that Ross might not care if mary gets asked about it or not. She’s holed up in SoCal and spent the holidays in Malibu with Rhonda, I think she doesn’t care. I’m told she’s quite committed to avoiding COVID and, having just been released from 7 weeks in the hospital with it, I’m glad she’s so dedicated because IF you get sick from it, it sucks. Mary is also being careful.

Only way I see it is if Diana decides to call it a day and as a last farewell show invites the other ladies on stage.
    I really don't remember her sharing the stage with anyone over the years.
    I remember during the central park show thinking it would be great if.....
    Never mind

I was just thinking that with the top 12 #1 Songs by The Supremes, one has the basis for a Broadway Musical Play. Add some dramatic insight about the formation of these songs and it would be a great show!