[REMOVE ADS]

Kalamazoo Lively Arts- The Velvelettes

This was really nice. Thanks for sharing it.

Very nice lucky thank you. I wonder who that lad was who travelled a long way with his single.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    Very nice lucky thank you. I wonder who that lad was who travelled a long way with his single.
    It was a young lad - a teenager. I have a photo of him with Bertha and Cal. I think he travelled to Peterborough..it was on their mini tour of 4 engagements in the UK

I just thought that it might have been you boyfromxtown!

I just thought that it might have been you boyfromxtown!
    LOL......no it wasn't! He came with his mum or maybe it was his grandmother! LOL

Oh to have been in the UK. in those days - you were really spoilt. In New Zealand the first Temptations LP was :In A Mellow Mood" , Four Tops "Reach Out" , Marvin Gaye "In The Groove", Marvelettes "In Full Bloom", Stevie Wonder "I Was Made To Love Her", Jr. Walker "A Gas" and Miracles "Greatest Hits" I had to buy postal notes at 5 shillings a time and purchase them from Papworths in Nottingham to be sent by sea!

Oh to have been in the UK. in those days - you were really spoilt. In New Zealand the first Temptations LP was :In A Mellow Mood" , Four Tops "Reach Out" , Marvin Gaye "In The Groove", Marvelettes "In Full Bloom", Stevie Wonder "I Was Made To Love Her", Jr. Walker "A Gas" and Miracles "Greatest Hits" I had to buy postal notes at 5 shillings a time and purchase them from Papworths in Nottingham to be sent by sea!
    How did you get to hear these songs if they weren't on sale.

I was hooked on soul music in the mid 60`s. The big hits did get a bit of radio play and I was able to find singles in sale bins. I had managed to score the odd import from friends in bands who were given them as a source of material. After that I bought everything that was available here. I used to purchase Disc and NME. which had ads like Papworths. I ordered from the inner sleeves of TM. imports which I didn`t need to hear as I was hooked!