[REMOVE ADS]

Legit line-ups: 2021

With the passing of Mary Wilson goes the possibility of any type of legitimate Supremes line-up reuniting. Although I *suppose* an argument could be made for Diana, Scherrie, and Lynda, but I was thinking more 60's and 70's groupings. That said.....

Can you think of any other Motown groups that, regardless of health, have all of its members still living and COULD have a possible reunion of a legitimate lineup?

Only a few come to mind:

VANDELLAS:

Martha, Roz, Annette
    Martha, Roz, Betty
    Martha, Roz, Lois

MARVELETTES:

Wanda, Katherine, Ann

VELVELETTES

Bertha, Milly, Norma, Cal and Betty

From the 80s, Debarge.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    From the 80s, Debarge.
    Didn't Bunny pass away?

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Didn't Bunny pass away?
    Not to my knowledge.

Marvelettes -also Wyanetta .
    Last edited by luke; 03-04-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Didn't Bunny pass away?
    No she did not. You’re thinking of eldest brother Bobby, who didn’t officially join the group until after they left Motown. Bobby, who IMO was the best singer in the clan, and second eldest brother Tommy were members of the band “Switch” which preceded DeBarge by three years.

Well Wanda is in no fit state to sing or appear anywhere, Ann has disappeared, Kat has not sung sing she left the Marvelettes nor has Juanita Cowart.

That's why the post clearly stated REGARDLESS OF HEALTH.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Well Wanda is in no fit state to sing or appear anywhere, Ann has disappeared, Kat has not sung sing she left the Marvelettes nor has Juanita Cowart.
    In recent years, Kat has performed with her new group of Marvelettes.

She sat on the side of the stage, to me that is not performing. Thank god they have died a death. The Marvelettes are my girls. As for a reunion regardless of health what would be the point of that. You could get Diana, Cindy & A.N. Other Supreme but it's hardy a reunion.

A couple of years ago, I attended a gig with Odyssey as headliners and Heatwave as support.

Between the two groups, the only ‘original’ member was a guy who had been in Heatwave before they made it big. This meant that I was at a gig by tribute acts.

The music was good, but I often had tears in my eyes, as I was actually saying goodbye to the artists that performed the soundtrack to my younger days, as a music industry professional, a mobile DJ, and an all-round music lover.

I was also very sad when Errol Brown of Hot Chocolate passed away a couple of years ago because I remember him as a post-gig interviewee in 1975, with a can of beer in his hand, laughing as he explained to me why he shaved his head.

So, please be careful with threads such as these as they may just serve to remind us of who we’ve lost.

Most of us here are fortunate enough to have seen these artist in their primes,and that's good enough for me as we all age and we don't move or sound as good as we did once upon a time.

Although Mary Wilson was and still is my favorite Supreme, I liked and can accept Jean Scherrie and Lynda as the FLO's with no problem....the complete Dominion performance on YT is wonderful...only Cindy and Mary would do for me in anything DR is/was involved in, and without Jean the FLO'S don't work for me...regardless of my deep love for Scherrie as an entertainer