[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross' Facebook Post Today [[Feb. 23, 2021)

"Life is about change, and
    this time has, in many ways, been a gift of Reflection and Gratefulness.
    My Love and Gratitude has never been stronger.
    It seems it will be another year before I am able to tour again.
    I will always continue singing. Songs of Love and Appreciation.
    I just completed singing 14 new songs! “Thank You " for your Love and Friendship. Coming soon "

Just saw this on Twitter. Surely this means that the UK dates this summer will finally be rescheduled very soon?

So great to hear that she is working on new music. I am not expecting anything like her earlier masterpieces but it will be great to finally have some new material.

Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    Just saw this on Twitter. Surely this means that the UK dates this summer will finally be rescheduled very soon?

So great to hear that she is working on new music. I am not expecting anything like her earlier masterpieces but it will be great to finally have some new material.

I can't wait for the new album. Deep down, I don't think it will be that different from I Love You, because Diana is Diana and time and time again she tends to like to do soft pop-soul productions, sometimes really bland [[1981's WDFFIL, 1991's TFBTP and 2006's ILY are three prime examples). Let's hope there's some ignition in the production, but I don't really care. I want to hear the new songs. I'd love at least a track with a Motown throwback feel. Funny thing is that her songs come alive on stage [[Mirror, Mirror; Paradise and Workin' Overtime are great examples).
    Last edited by Nitro2015; 02-23-2021 at 11:39 AM.

I'm happy but not excited.
    Think it's going to be I love you part 2
    If so I'll pass

I would be less anxious about this proposed new album if I hadn’t heard “Come Together” [[Let love lead the way). Perhaps it won’t be included.

Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post

Don't bet on it.
    It will be a while before they take place, if indeed they ever take place.
    The promoters will announce they are postponed until 2022 in a cynical move designed to keep hold of your money.
    It's very unethical but sadly not illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I would be less anxious about this proposed new album if I hadn’t heard “Come Together” [[Let love lead the way). Perhaps it won’t be included.
    I hope the demos i heard are not an indication of the quality of the finished songs. Some of those attempts made I Love You sound like a musical masterpeace.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I hope the demos i heard are not an indication of the quality of the finished songs. Some of those attempts made I Love You sound like a musical masterpeace.
    Oh Gawd!!.... I’m guessing mostly message songs.
    With the huge success of the recent remixes, you would think an r & b, dance themed album would be the way to go. She could even have recorded another version of “I Will Survive”.

Blue Brock great response!! I love you a musical masterpiece 😂
    Ahh well let's hope that a good producer can make an attempt to salvage this project. Is Mark Ronson involved as was reported ??

I’m so excited. I can hardly wait. And I like the demo of “Come Together”. Very appropriate for a 76 year old. IMO. Thank god she is still here happy and healthy and still recording.

I love that woman more than words can describe and I am happy she is recording again. Has anyone heard any of the songs? I heard Come Together and it sounded very much like a demo, IMO.

please please let it be better production than the " I Love You" sessions...

Oh Gawd!!.... I’m guessing mostly message songs.
    With the huge success of the recent remixes, you would think an r & b, dance themed album would be the way to go. She could even have recorded another version of “I Will Survive”.
    Hopefully she binned those demos and got Nile to revamp them or even replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I’m so excited. I can hardly wait. And I like the demo of “Come Together”. Very appropriate for a 76 year old. IMO. Thank god she is still here happy and healthy and still recording.
    We are all forever grateful for that vgalindo. Her health and happiness is far more important to me than any new music.This album has been a long time coming. She sure as hell appears to have enjoyed the recording process from the safety of her own environment.

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    please please let it be better production than the " I Love You" sessions...
    If the quality of the production is not considerably superior to I Love You i will personally remix the whole album myself nomis!

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Blue Brock great response!! I love you a musical masterpiece 😂
    Ahh well let's hope that a good producer can make an attempt to salvage this project. Is Mark Ronson involved as was reported ??
    He was initially involved but left due to ill health. I'm not sure if any of his productions were deemed complete before he left the building. I suspect not.

If the quality of the production is not considerably superior to I Love You i will personally remix the whole album myself nomis!
    can I hold you to that ? after FBTP TMH & EDIAND i was so disapointed in " I Love You" all i can say she looked great on the clips on the expanded dvd edition but as for the music ?.it sounded so cheap and dull and empty on most of the tracks.."Remember" is the one i truly like

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    Niles Rodgers has just released a track, "No Words Needed," with UK singer Rebecca Ferguson. I wonder how it compares to the demos he's done with Ross..

Rodgers also has a track with SG Lewis, who has worked with the likes of Dua Lipa. Lewis very much in the Daft Punk [[or sons of Chic) mold. I could hear Diana on tracks like his [[hopefully will less computerized sounding vocals)

i love Daft Punks work.. i once worked for them.. sadly they disbanded in todays news ..their tracks with Rodgers are the bomb

she needs assured production - someone willing to make her do retakes [[which she dosent like) that was the beef with her and Michael Masser he would make her do vocals again and in the end she wouldnt work with him.. so he delivered hits and acclaim in the 80s with Whitney Houston.. one trick that always makes Ms Ross put that extra into a song is strong backing vocalists - she always works harder when shes got background voices it makes her rise to the occasion.

she needs assured production - someone willing to make her do retakes [[which she dosent like) that was the beef with her and Michael Masser he would make her do vocals again and in the end she wouldnt work with him.. so he delivered hits and acclaim in the 80s with Whitney Houston.. one trick that always makes Ms Ross put that extra into a song is strong backing vocalists - she always works harder when shes got background voices it makes her rise to the occasion.
    I am very excited and optimistic about this news! I miss the days of waiting for the next release, knowing the wait would be no longer than the following year. It’s hard to believe I Love You is practically 15 years old...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    I am very excited and optimistic about this news! I miss the days of waiting for the next release, knowing the wait would be no longer than the following year. It’s hard to believe I Love You is practically 15 years old...
    wow JohnnyB i had no idea it was so long ago... i record and date alot of my dj mixes and i look at them and think "where did the time go ??".. if Nile is producing some of her new work I hope hes more disciplined than the "Workin Overtime" sessions - she sounds horrible and out of tune on "What Can One Person Do" & "This House"

Does that post contain titles of some of the songs she has recorded?

Otherwise it doesn't make much sense as any kind of meaningful statement.

wow JohnnyB i had no idea it was so long ago... i record and date alot of my dj mixes and i look at them and think "where did the time go ??".. if Nile is producing some of her new work I hope hes more disciplined than the "Workin Overtime" sessions - she sounds horrible and out of tune on "What Can One Person Do" & "This House"
    I think ”This House” is a beautiful ballad. In fact it’s of my very favourites. I admit she does sound a little off key in places when performing the song live.

I get the feeing there will be a lot of emotion from what is going on with her right now from the statement she made "Life is about change, and this time has, in many ways, been a gift of Reflection and Gratefulness.' It will probably be released right before she is ready to tour again. Of course I will buy it, I can't have a Supremes or Diana Ross CD missing from my collection.

I think ”This House” is a beautiful ballad. In fact it’s of my very favourites. I admit she does sound a little off key in places when performing the song live.
    She hated that album. She said a few of the songs were not in the right key for her.
    Nile actually apologised to her several years later for the way the album turned out. He blamed his "personal issues" at the time for not doing a better job.

She hated that album. She said a few of the songs were not in the right key for her.
    Nile actually apologised to her several years later for the way the album turned out. He blamed his "personal issues" at the time for not doing a better job.
    my problem with the album is her vocals - the beats and production i like but her voice is all over the place...the titanic of her career..the album went gold in the UK but it was nothing on what the album could have been..

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post

The timing and tone , if you know what i mean, strikes me as a bit ill advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    sometimes Diana speaks like a Hallmark greeting card affirmation..Her book "Secrets Of A Sparrow" is full of her EST/self positivity jargon..

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I would tend to agree Boogiedown.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if those were the song titles:

"Life Is About Change"
    "[[This Time Has In Many Ways Been) A Gift"
    "Of Reflections And Gratefulness"
    "My Love"
    "Gratitude Has Never Been Stronger"
    "It Seems It Will Be Another Year"

I am kind of confused of the message she is trying to project in her tweet.

I agree, there are definitely a couple of songs from that album where her voice is pitched to high. I don’t think “This House” is one of them. I love it’s soulful, laidback vibe and poignant lyrics. It remains one of my favourites.

I'm confused if she hated the album..
    Why she finish it
    Why not find better songs
    Why release it
    I get the feeling she hires someone to produce and then shows up to record when and after hearing the demos....
    Is she not evolved in the process

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I'm confused if she hated the album..
    Why she finish it
    Why not find better songs
    Why release it
    I get the feeling she hires someone to produce and then shows up to record when and after hearing the demos....
    Is she not evolved in the process
    Daviddh i was thinking the same thing when I read Bluebrocks post.. from all ive read at certain times in her career she has had to be coaxed thru various methods in the studio i think its sometimes depends on her mood when shes "on" shes in fine form - but when she disagrees with a producer or dosent respect them or know them well its sometimes shows in the finished product as her stature can intimidate some producers from telling her what to do... Barry Gibb complained she wasnt focused on the "Eaten Alive" sessions..Depasse had to give her vodka and set the mood with a strobe light for "Love Hangover" and coax a performance from her.. plus Ron Miller & "Deke Richards [[and not forgetting Masser) all complained she sometimes wasnt giving her all..i think with Nile and the "Workin Overtime" material they thought it would follow "diana" lps success and didnt evaluate and take a longer period on the tracks in the studio

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro2015 View Post
    ...because Diana is Diana and time and time again she tends to like to do soft pop-soul productions, sometimes really bland [[1981's WDFFIL, 1991's TFBTP and 2006's ILY are three prime examples).
    "sometimes"? You are far too generous.

Super excited for a new Diana album, but hoping it's not in the "I Love You"/Message song vein. I LOVE R&B "Take Me Higher" & "Everyday is a New Day" Diana, but I have a feeling the new music will probably be closer to "I Love You" especially after hearing "Come Together [[Let Love Lead The Way)." The Supersonic Remixes was fun, wish she'd maybe even go in that direction. I guess time will tell what we'll get, either way it'll be nice to have something new.