[REMOVE ADS]

The Williams Brothers "It Was You" Featuring Detroit's Bishop Paul S. Morton

Hi SDF Fam,

I believe we all can use a little uplifting of our spirits during this trying time. The Williams Brothers "It Was You" featuring Detroit's Bishop Paul S. Morton, is sure to give us hope for today, tomorrow, and our future. The Word says: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." [[Jeremiah 29:11)

The Williams Brother, "It Was You" featuring Detroit's Bishop Paul. S. Morton LIVE! from New Orleans [[May 1994)

Hi SDF Fam,

I believe we all can use a little uplifting of our spirits during this trying time. The Williams Brothers "It Was You" featuring Detroit's Bishop Paul S. Morton, is sure to give us hope for today, tomorrow, and our future. The Word says: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." [[Jeremiah 29:11)

Bishop Morton was born in Canada, spent his younger years in Detroit and his most of his adult years pastoring Greater St. Stephen's Full Gospel Baptist Church in News Orleans, LA. Since Hurricane Katrina in 2005, is currently the Senior Pastor of "Changing A Generation FGBC in Atlanta, GA.

The Williams Brother, "It Was You" featuring Detroit's Bishop Paul. S. Morton LIVE! from New Orleans [[May 1994)

Bishop Paul Morton is from New Orleans. He is not from Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Bishop Paul Morton is from New Orleans. He is not from Detroit.

Marv, you missed my second post:

"Bishop Morton was born in Canada, spent his younger years in Detroit and [his] most of his adult years pastoring Greater St. Stephen's Full Gospel Baptist Church in New Orleans, LA. Since Hurricane Katrina in 2005, [he] is currently the Senior Pastor of Changing A Generation FGBC in Atlanta, GA."

ETA: Bishop Paul. S. Morton and his siblings divided time between Windsor, Ontario where he was born and Detroit, as his father, Bishop C. L. Morton pastored two [[COGIC) churches one in Canada and the other in Detroit.

I was in New Orleans for this LIVE taping! What an amazing performance:

" Your Tears" Bishop Paul S. Morton and The Greater St. Stephen FGBC Mass Choir featuring the Williams Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by MusicWise View Post
    Marv, you missed my second post:

"Bishop Morton was born in Canada, spent his younger years in Detroit and [his] most of his adult years pastoring Greater St. Stephen's Full Gospel Baptist Church in New Orleans, LA. Since Hurricane Katrina in 2005, [he] is currently the Senior Pastor of Changing A Generation FGBC in Atlanta, GA."

ETA: Bishop Paul. S. Morton and his siblings divided time between Windsor, Ontario where he was born and Detroit, as his father, Bishop C. L. Morton pastored two [[COGIC) churches one in Canada and the other in Detroit.

Ok, so he's ours......LOL! Aretha always introduced him as being from New Orleans. Thank you.

Ok, so he's ours......LOL! Aretha always introduced him as being from New Orleans. Thank you.
    LOL! You're very welcome.

What a coincidence, earlier today, I was searching for Bishop Paul S. Morton's and Our Queen, Aretha's Divas LIVE performance that was posted on YouTube for several years and it's gone, except for the audio! All is not lost, here's their spectacular performance on GodTube:

Aretha Franklin with Bishop Paul Morton & Choir sings "Precious Memories"

https://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=7PGKW7NX

What a coincidence, earlier today, I was searching for Bishop Paul S. Morton's and Our Queen, Aretha's Divas LIVE performance that was posted on YouTube for several years and it's gone, except for the audio! All is not lost, here's their spectacular performance on GodTube:

Music Wise, you know what? Here's a coincidence. I had uploaded that particular live performance on another video site and now it is no longer playable. I looked for it yesterday. Thank you for this link. Thank you very much!

This is one of the greatest gospel performances I had ever seen on television. He absolutely exorcised her! LOL!

This is one of the greatest gospel performances I had ever seen on television. He absolutely exorcised her! LOL!
    I agree, one the greatest gospel performances that ever graced a TV screen. But, I got to give it up for Bishop Morton, and Our Queen Aretha they both went into a Holy Ghost trace to the audience delight. LOL!

I agree, one the greatest gospel performances that ever graced a TV screen. But, I got to give it up for Bishop Morton, and Our Queen Aretha they both went into a Holy Ghost trace to the audience delight. LOL!

That should have been longer! They should have let her go into the reprise right on camera, but they cut it off! I hated VH-1 for that for a long time. Bishop Paul Morton is a soulful, spiritual singer. He is incredible for his ability to make the listener "feel it" it gets to you if you listen without prejudice. I am happy to know he is actually from Windsor. I was not familiar with him until that performance with Aretha, but there was something that I kinda knew he was not from the South. I can't describe it, but the two of them together sounded like what I remember hearing in church when I was a kid.

That should have been longer! They should have let her go into the reprise right on camera, but they cut it off! I hated VH-1 for that for a long time. Bishop Paul Morton is a soulful, spiritual singer. He is incredible for his ability to make the listener "feel it" it gets to you if you listen without prejudice. I am happy to know he is actually from Windsor. I was not familiar with him until that performance with Aretha, but there was something that I kinda knew he was not from the South. I can't describe it, but the two of them together sounded like what I remember hearing in church when I was a kid.

Aretha Franklin owned VH1's Divas Live concerts I was surprised how they allowed her to "hold court" on their very first Divas concert in 1998 featuring Celine Dion [[who tried to go toe-to-toe with the Queen) Gloria Estefan, Shania Twain, Mariah Carey and Carole King [[who wrote one of Aretha's signature songs, "Natural Woman". Wow! what a performance. [[Watch VH1's Divas Live 1998 Concert in Full)

Marv, I believe you would have known about Bishop Paul S. Morton sooner than the duets he did with his good friend, Aretha. Because before a young twenty-something Paul Morton left Detroit for New Orleans, he was offered a singing contract with a major record label and a deal to manage R&B vocalist, Jackie [[Precious, Precious) Moore, he turned both deals down, to honor his commitment to preach the gospel.

Bishop Morton is that rare soul that can make any song his own. "Let it Rain" and "Bowed Down and Worship" had a little Prince flavor.

Let It Rain - Bishop Paul S. Morton & The FGBCF Mass Choir

I mean you could actually see it if you knew what to look for. That was not acting!

Aretha Franklin owned VH1's Divas Live concerts I was surprised how they allowed her to "hold court" on their very first Divas concert in 1998 featuring Celine Dion [[who tried to go toe-to-toe with the Queen) Gloria Estefan, Shania Twain, Mariah Carey and Carole King [[who wrote one of Aretha's signature songs, "Natural Woman". Wow! what a performance. [[Watch VH1's Divas Live 1998 Concert in Full)

Marv, I believe you would have known about Bishop Paul S. Morton sooner than the duets he did with his good friend, Aretha. Because before a young twenty-something Paul Morton left Detroit for New Orleans, he was offered a singing contract with a major record label and a deal to manage R&B vocalist, Jackie [[Precious, Precious) Moore, he turned both deals down, to honor his commitment to preach the gospel.

Bishop Morton is that rare soul that can make any song his own. "Let it Rain" and "Bowed Down and Worship" had a little Prince flavor.

Let It Rain - Bishop Paul S. Morton & The FGBCF Mass Choir

Music Wise, I kid you not, I did not know of Bishop Paul Morton when he was in Detroit. We had a lot of great and well know Gospel artists that came out of Dettroit. I am glad I did "discover" his great talent even at such a late date. Did you hear him sing at Aretha's funeral? I'll post it below.

Praise God, praise God!

Music Wise, I kid you not, I did not know of Bishop Paul Morton when he was in Detroit. We had a lot of great and well know Gospel artists that came out of Dettroit. I am glad I did "discover" his great talent even at such a late date. Did you hear him sing at Aretha's funeral? I'll post it below.
    Marv, you probably would not have known him, because when Bishop Morton lived in Detroit he and his 3 brothers were a young up and coming gospel group. As a matter of fact they were the inspiration for the Winans brothers. Eventually, a young twenty-something Paul Morton moved to New Orleans, and after a few short years he took over a mid-size Greater St. Stephen BC when the pastor passed away. Under Bishop Morton's leadership the church grew to over 25,000 members.

Yes, I did see Bishop Morton and Yolanda Adams' soulful performance during Aretha's Homegoing services fit for the Queen she was. And yes, I watch the entire 8 hours! Thanks for posting it.

Marv, as you know this coming week is going to be challenging for the entire country please stay safe. I really, enjoyed conversing with you. Have a Blessed evening.

Marv, you probably would not have known him, because when Bishop Morton lived in Detroit he and his 3 brothers were a young up and coming gospel group. As a matter of fact they were the inspiration for the Winans brothers. Eventually, a young twenty-something Paul Morton moved to New Orleans, and after a few short years he took over a mid-size Greater St. Stephen BC when the pastor passed away. Under Bishop Morton's leadership the church grew to over 25,000 members.

Yes, I did see Bishop Morton and Yolanda Adams' soulful performance during Aretha's Homegoing services fit for the Queen she was. And yes, I watch the entire 8 hours! Thanks for posting it.

Marv, as you know this coming week is going to be challenging for the entire country please stay safe. I really, enjoyed conversing with you. Have a Blessed evening.
    Same to you my friend.

Yes I was there that night. We used to play this song in college. I bought the record at Hattie Mae’s shop and the poster for the album hung in my mother’s basement for years.

More sad, dreaded news. Bishop C. L. Morton Jr., brother of Bishop Paul Morton has passed away in Windsor of the Coronavirus:

http://journalofgospelmusic.com/gosp...c-l-morton-jr/