[REMOVE ADS]

More, More More of Your Love

I have always liked this album cut.
    In this video, there is a photo of none other than Russ Terrana at the 2:50 mark.

That's a great track and a great song [[and maybe under-rated in terms of Motown - for example how many Motown covers). But in posting it you almost expect this...

And this derivative

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    That's a great track and a great song [[and maybe under-rated in terms of Motown - for example how many Motown covers). But in posting it you almost expect this...
    He sounds just like Smokey.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    And this derivative

Uh....... This one would be a NO!

Yes. Great Smokey composition. I laugh like crazy when I hear this track out of nowhere due to the memory attached. I remember when Burger King used this song as a promotional tune in the late 90's when they added "MORE" to the Whopper. I'm always surprised at how few people actually remember that commercial. Even tried to find it on YouTube to no avail.

In my very early Motown development stages, that album was one of the first 8 or 10 that I bought. I think I bought it because I had heard Come 'Round Here on the radio, but I immediately gravitated toward More More More as being just as good a song.

I think with a better mono mix, with Smokey's voice less prominent, it could have been a great A-side, perhaps, for the UK, a great follow up to TOAC.

Also, the version in the OP link above seems to be running a touch slow in comparison to the stereo version I have on the twofer CD Going To A Go Go/Away We Go Go and the mono version from More Of The Best - Whatever Makes You Happy. I wonder why that is?

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    I think with a better mono mix, with Smokey's voice less prominent, it could have been a great A-side, perhaps, for the UK, a great follow up to TOAC.

Also, the version in the OP link above seems to be running a touch slow in comparison to the stereo version I have on the twofer CD Going To A Go Go/Away We Go Go and the mono version from More Of The Best - Whatever Makes You Happy. I wonder why that is?
    I noticed that too. And I also wondered why? Perhaps an attempt to avoid the copyright cops.

I always liked this this track and always thought it should have at least been a B-side.

Pistol's drumming in particular really added something to the track, especially the bass drum pattern, which on the stereo mix, appears to be in the center of the mix, whilst the snare is panned to the right which is interesting, considering the drums were normally all recorded on one track.

[[Maybe this was one of those multi drummer/recut drum overdub tracks like 'Get Ready').

And I agree with rovereab - the mono L.P. mix is more polished.

[[I'd really love to hear the multitrack of this tune!)

Cheers

Paul

Great song. I don't think Bob Brady's version has ever been on a compilation CD. Doesn't it fit into the Northern Soul category? I also think Ronnie Walker's version of "It's a Good Feeling" is a great Smokey cover, and another that was overlooked [[I think).

"More, More, More, Of Your Love" is one of my favorite album cuts by The Miracles [[and I think it could've been a good single for them as well). I didn't know about the Bob Brady & The Conchords version before seeing this post but I have another song by them, "Illusion", and Bob sounds a lot like Smokey on that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by bradburger View Post
    I always liked this this track and always thought it should have at least been a B-side.

Pistol's drumming in particular really added something to the track, especially the bass drum pattern, which on the stereo mix, appears to be in the center of the mix, whilst the snare is panned to the right which is interesting, considering the drums were normally all recorded on one track.

[[Maybe this was one of those multi drummer/recut drum overdub tracks like 'Get Ready').

And I agree with rovereab - the mono L.P. mix is more polished.

[[I'd really love to hear the multitrack of this tune!)

Cheers

Paul
    Paul. Listen very carefully to the drums on the stereo version. I always thought there was something a bit muddy going on there. Turns out they doubled up on the drums, at least the snare.

That cha-cha-cha beat is a nice touch [[also heard on the Velvelettes' "Something's Happening".) It took some years to figure out why the drums sounded a a bit like a marching army and either two drummers are both playing that cha-cha-cha beat or one is while the other is maybe doing 4/4. The clue is also in the fills; slight, but I do believe your ears will detect 2 drummers.

The stereo mixes are always interesting if only to get more clarity of what's happening in the mix, but the mono version was an absolute mind-twister for me. I heard it several years after buying the stereo mix album and hearing those few extra minutes was exhilarating! Hearing those horns with their happy little "King's Proclamation" riff and then Smokey just kinda running out of ad libs [[that very audible pause) before he resets with "Yeah Yeah Yeah", THAT was the best!
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 02-17-2020 at 09:46 PM.

I only knew of the Bob Brady version of this song. I was a toddler, but loved dancing and singing to their version. I clearly remember the orange label. The record, although chipped is still in my parents’ basement.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    He sounds just like Smokey.
    That is downright spooky how much this guy sounds like Smokey