[REMOVE ADS]

Jackson 5 'I Found That Girl'

Jermaine at his early best; nice to hear this one again, thanks to SoulTown -

One of the J5's best for me.

Wasn't this the flip side to "Maybe Tomorrow" ?

I was fortunate to be working as an intern at Motown through my college music program with Harry Weinger when they started diving into unreleased Jackson 5 material just after MJ's passing. I was tasked with Pre-Production Engineering to mix a ton of material to be considered for release, including their Live at the Forum sets from 1970 and 1972 - this song always stood out to me, and I got chills from the harmonies on their "won't you take me with you" bit from this live cut. What a great tune!

Last edited by drewschultz88; 01-21-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Wasn't this the flip side to "Maybe Tomorrow" ?
    No Marv2; "I Found That Girl" was the B-side to "The Love You Save" [[and also appeared on the ABC album).

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Jermaine at his early best; nice to hear this one again, thanks to SoulTown -

I'll always love this Jackson 5 classic. Jermaine and the group are at their 'teen soul' best on "I Found That Girl".

Quote Originally Posted by drewschultz88 View Post
    I was fortunate to be working as an intern at Motown through my college music program with Harry Weinger when they started diving into unreleased Jackson 5 material just after MJ's passing. I was tasked with Pre-Production Engineering to mix a ton of material to be considered for re-release, including their Live at the Forum sets from 1970 and 1972 - this song always stood out to me, and I got chills from the harmonies on their "won't you take me with you" bit from this live cut. What a great tune!

I'm impressed, and thanks for this great clip.

This has always been in my top 5 or top 10 J5 tracks.....nope.....def top5.