[REMOVE ADS]

Stevie Wonders Health Crisis DIALYSIS!

Patty Jackson of WDAS radio in Philadelphia announced this afternoon that Stevie has experienced kidney failure and has just started dialysis. He is hoping that one of his children will be a match for a kidney transplant. Pray for Stevie everyone.

OH NO! Anyone but him!

Prayers going up for The Wonder Man.

He was at Red Rocks the other day though in Denver but apparently he was very hoarse that night. Usher showed up to sing Ribbon in the Sky for him.
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...-rocks-concert

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    He was at Red Rocks the other day though in Denver but apparently he was very hoarse that night. Usher showed up to sing Ribbon in the Sky for him.
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...-rocks-concert
    I saw many, many great shows at Red Rocks when I was in college. I do hope that Stevie will be alright and starts taking better care of himself.

Get well soon, Stevie. Here's hoping that one of your kids will be a match.

Praying for you, Mr. Wonder! Get well soon.

Theres nothing on google news about this so im praying real hard that this is false. ��������������

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Theres nothing on google news about this so im praying real hard that this is false. ��������������
    I hope so but we know some celebrities don't like to have their health issues displayed on front street...

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I saw many, many great shows at Red Rocks when I was in college. I do hope that Stevie will be alright and starts taking better care of himself.
    I figured he WAS taking care of himself. He cut down weight wise [[I think he said it on James Corden's show that he was a vegetarian). Maybe years of high blood pressure? I know that's why Tina Turner had to have surgery.

I figured he WAS taking care of himself. He cut down weight wise [[I think he said it on James Corden's show that he was a vegetarian). Maybe years of high blood pressure? I know that's why Tina Turner had to have surgery.
    I am hearing the Tina Turner is not in good shape at the moment. Her health is failing her .

Keep in mind Tina is pushing 80, and Stevie is approaching his 70s. I’m also hoping that it’s something being blown out of proportion, if not false altogether. Remember there was some scary rumors about Gladys Knight last year.

I am hearing the Tina Turner is not in good shape at the moment. Her health is failing her .
    I heard she was doing great. You have to make sure when you hear things, it's official. But after what she went through, no, she's alright. Tina will be 80 in five months.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Keep in mind Tina is pushing 80, and Stevie is approaching his 70s. I’m also hoping that it’s something being blown out of proportion, if not false altogether. Remember there was some scary rumors about Gladys Knight last year.
    Maybe we'll get word from Stevie's people.

You know what this reminds me of? Little Richard.

Bootsy Collins posted on Facebook a few years ago that he was in ill health and asked his followers to pray for him.

Richard's personal manager had to make an announcement that Richard was still alive, healthy and active [[while in a wheelchair). He was 83 at the time.

Here's the video of Patty Jackson discussing Stevie Wonder. She also briefly mentions Tina Turner. Starts at the 35 second mark.

This is what Snopes posted about Tina:
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is...r-gravely-ill/

This was as of March 2019 but Tina already mentioned that it was a day to day thing in her book.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Here's the video of Patty Jackson discussing Stevie Wonder. She also briefly mentions Tina Turner. Starts at the 35 second mark.

Thank you Lockhartgary!!!

Ok, first of all, if it IS true, to say he hasn't been taking care of himself is ridiculous. Kidney failure can be caused by a number of things, high blood pressure being one of them. Sure, poor eating habits over a long period can also cause it, but we have no idea what might have caused his issues.
    Secondly, again, if it IS true, people can live
    for many years on dialysis, while waiting for a kidney. I, personally, have been in kidney failure for years. I've been on dialysis and on the transfer list for 6 years, so, while we certainly wish him well, let's not assume the outcome just yet.

Good luck, Stevie.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtopsjim View Post
    Ok, first of all, if it IS true, to say he hasn't been taking care of himself is ridiculous. Kidney failure can be caused by a number of things, high blood pressure being one of them. Sure, poor eating habits over a long period can also cause it, but we have no idea what might have caused his issues.
    for many years on dialysis, while waiting for a kidney. I, personally, have been in kidney failure for years. I've been on dialysis and on the transfer list for 6 years, so, while we certainly wish him well, let's not assume the outcome just yet.

Good luck, Stevie.
    Thanks a million for this! I commend you for opening up about your own battle with kidney failure. I’m sure Stevie has been [[if true) taking the necessary precautions to say in good health.

Prayers to you, Stevie, and Tina!
    Last edited by jboy88; 06-25-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtopsjim View Post

Good luck, Stevie.
    That is true. It's good he's going under dialysis. He still has two teenage sons and two preteen daughters to raise. I want him to live a long life.

I hope so but we know some celebrities don't like to have their health issues displayed on front street...
    Good point. Aretha denied rumors of declining health for years

Patty Jackson of WDAS radio in Philadelphia announced this afternoon that Stevie has experienced kidney failure and has just started dialysis. He is hoping that one of his children will be a match for a kidney transplant. Pray for Stevie everyone.
    Thanks so much for sharing the information Marv2 and I will be praying for Stevie Wonder to get a kidney transplant and have a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing the information Marv2 and I will be praying for Stevie Wonder to get a kidney transplant and have a full recovery.
    You are most welcome Motown Eddie.

I have checked search engines and wonder [[pardon the pun) why this is not being reported by any mainstream news sources???... Certainly wish Stevie good health and full recovery if this report is true...

Could be under wraps as Stevie has some big European concert commitments in a week or so...

Thank you Lockhartgary!!!
    You are welcome, sir!

That may well be...but it would be big news that major outlets in news and entertainment would be investigating and reporting on. Stevie's management would not be able to halt any investigating and reporting on this situation. The only source for this story on the entire Google search engine is this thread on Soulful Detroit based on a local radio host... Some employee at some dialysis facility would tell a friend that Stevie is being treated and word would soon get out, even if Stevie tried to hush it up...I certainly hope this is a false story, however, as has been pointed out...this continual treatment still allows people to function in a fairly normal way so long as they have the time [[usually requires several hours multiple times a week) and the money to medically deal with it...As far as these ladies seeking 15 nanoseconds of fame [[and this thread is likely about it) ... How amateur can you get???...LOL
    Last edited by StuBass1; 06-26-2019 at 04:50 PM.

Here is the Stevie Wonder Kidney Dialysis page on Google...https://www.google.com/search?source...60.dsgpWfvmi3A

For now, this falls in the "fake news" category.

I went looking and found what Stu found as well.

Quote Originally Posted by simon.millar View Post
    Could be under wraps as Stevie has some big European concert commitments in a week or so...
    Hmm...!!! That is interesting. Lemme find out this was fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Here is the Stevie Wonder Kidney Dialysis page on Google...https://www.google.com/search?source...60.dsgpWfvmi3A
    LOLOLOLOL. Just goes to show you whats posted here aint that private and shows up on Google.

I hope this isn't true.

I am actually one of the lucky people seeing Stevie [[with Lionel!!) on Saturday 6th July at Hyde Park. Should be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I hope this isn't true.

I am actually one of the lucky people seeing Stevie [[with Lionel!!) on Saturday 6th July at Hyde Park. Should be awesome!
    Doesn't seem to be. He would've canceled if it was serious.

I hope this isn't true.

Here's hoping everything goes as planned, Tom, and you have a blast groovin' to Stevie and Lionel!

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    That may well be...but it would be big news that major outlets in news and entertainment would be investigating and reporting on. Stevie's management would not be able to halt any investigating and reporting on this situation. The only source for this story on the entire Google search engine is this thread on Soulful Detroit based on a local radio host... Some employee at some dialysis facility would tell a friend that Stevie is being treated and word would soon get out, even if Stevie tried to hush it up...I certainly hope this is a false story, however, as has been pointed out...this continual treatment still allows people to function in a fairly normal way so long as they have the time [[usually requires several hours multiple times a week) and the money to medically deal with it...As far as these ladies seeking 15 nanoseconds of fame [[and this thread is likely about it) ... How amateur can you get???...LOL
    Groan. I used to like Patty-Patty's entertainment spots.

Quote Originally Posted by simon.millar View Post
    Stevie is due here in the UK early next month. I have tried to get some official statement from his people, but all i am being told is that the gigs are due to go ahead as scheduled. Hopefully that means his condition is not as serious as we are fearing.

He performed at Red Rocks the day before Patti made that announcement. SEEMS FISHY...

Doesn't seem to be. He would've canceled if it was serious.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking [[and hoping).

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Here's hoping everything goes as planned, Tom, and you have a blast groovin' to Stevie and Lionel!
    Thanks Gary!!!! Looking forward to it!!

Thanks Gary!!!! Looking forward to it!!
    Of course, we'll be expecting a complete review, Tom!!! 😉