[REMOVE ADS]

Curtis Mayfield "Keep On Keeping On: Curtis Mayfield Studio Albums 1970-1974" 4CD

No tracklist yet. Release date: 02/22/2019

Amazon USA
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KLS2XDZ/?tag=imwan-20

Amazon Canada
    Available for pre-order soon:
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07KLS2XDZ/?tag=imwanca-20

Amazon UK
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KLS2XDZ/?tag=imwan-21

Just preordered my copy, I can see this selling out before release date. I'm glad that Rhino is finally utilizing the Curtom catalog as Curtis wished. The whole point in him selling it to them was to expose it in ways his family couldn't. They have classics in their possession, let's execute and restore them!!!.

No track lists and no titles of the albums... I think betwen 1970 and 1974 should includes "Curtis", "Live", "Roots", "Got To Find Away", "Superfly"... and not sure what others.

Anyway, having hearding and having had all or practically all by him, my two favorite Curtis albums are from mid-to-late 70's: "Never Say Can't You Survive" and, IMHO, the masterpiece of intimist sweet soul "And Here's... Something To Believe In".

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    No track lists and no titles of the albums... I think betwen 1970 and 1974 should includes "Curtis", "Live", "Roots", "Got To Find Away", "Superfly"... and not sure what others.

Anyway, having hearding and having had all or practically all by him, my two favorite Curtis albums are from mid-to-late 70's: "Never Say Can't You Survive" and, IMHO, the masterpiece of intimist sweet soul "And Here's... Something To Believe In".
    The studio albums released by Curtis Mayfield between 1970 & 1974 include Curtis, Roots, Superfly [[Soundtrack), Back To The World, Sweet Exorcist & Got To Find A Way and should be included on this forthcoming collection. Since this collection is titled Studio Albums, Curtis Live! being a live album should not be on this set. We'll what happens when the details are announced.
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 01-11-2019 at 12:08 PM.

That would included "not including" Curtis in Chicago either then...

Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    That would included "not including" Curtis in Chicago either then...
    I don't think so. Anyway, we'll see when the details for the Curtis Mayfield Studio Albums collection are announced [[and if this set is a big hit, Rhino may consider doing a similar package for Mayfield's live albums).

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    No tracklist yet. Release date: 02/22/2019

Amazon USA
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KLS2XDZ/?tag=imwan-20

Amazon Canada
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07KLS2XDZ/?tag=imwanca-20

Amazon UK
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KLS2XDZ/?tag=imwan-21
    I sure look forward to this set; thanks for finding!

Description
    All tracks are newly remastered.

Tracklist
    [CD1: Curtis]
    1. [[Don't Worry) If There's Hell Below We're All Going To Go
    2. The Other Side Of Town
    3. The Makings Of You
    4. We The People Who Are Darker Than Blue
    5. Move On Up
    6. Miss Black America
    7. Wild And Free
    8. Give It Up

[CD2: Roots]
    1. Get Down
    2. Keep On Keeping On
    3. Underground
    4. We Got To Have Peace
    5. Beautiful Brother Of Mine
    6. Now You're Gone
    7. Love To Keep You In Mind

[CD3: Back To The World]
    1. Back To The World
    2. Future Shock
    3. Right On For The Darkness
    4. If I Were Only A Child Again
    5. Can't Say Nothin'
    6. Keep On Trippin'
    7. Future Song [[Love A Good Woman, Love A Good Man)

[CD4: Sweet Exorcist]
    1. Ain't Got Time
    2. Sweet Exorcist
    3. To Be Invisible
    4. Power To The People
    5. Kung Fu
    6. Suffer
    7. Make Me Believe In You

Well, they've dropped the Got To Find A Way & Superfly [[Soundtrack) albums from this collection and there are no bonus tracks included. A disappointment!

Kinda pointless then... they did a 5 cd box set with these 4 albums plus Curtis live included a few years ago... still on Amazon for less than £15

In fact it's cheaper from marketplace sellers 5 albums for £12 if anyone in the UK is interested

Original Album Series https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DDVPX..._rfspCb82TG7K8

Dropped the ball big time here. As Eddie stated they omitted "Superfly" & " Got To Find A Way", two key albums in his catalog. If I had to make a choice between the two 1974 releases I'd choose the latter. It was a major step up from "Sweet Exorcist". On top of that Curtis left behind well over a hundred unreleased tracks probably mostly complete. Seems Rhino hasn't learned how to honor this maestro yet. Might cancel the order,sorry/not sorry.

Still interested as these are remasters

Yeah, this is like the Original Album Series collection minus Curtis Live!. In fact, I was disappointed when I bought that set and it didn't have Superfly on it. But I probably should have read the description

There is already a Superfly [[25th Anniversary Deluxe Ed.) 2cd version

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Dropped the ball big time here. As Eddie stated they omitted "Superfly" & " Got To Find A Way", two key albums in his catalog. If I had to make a choice between the two 1974 releases I'd choose the latter. It was a major step up from "Sweet Exorcist". On top of that Curtis left behind well over a hundred unreleased tracks probably mostly complete. Seems Rhino hasn't learned how to honor this maestro yet. Might cancel the order,sorry/not sorry.
    Appart from "Something To Believe In" [[1979) and "Never Say Can't You Survive" [[1977) [[my two absolute favorites), "Got To Find Away" contains some gems as "Mother's Son" that I need to hear from my teens to today many times.