[REMOVE ADS]

Junior Walker - What Does It Take [[Live)

Hope this works for you....[[might need to click it a time or two and wait). Love this clip.

Last edited by mysterysinger; 07-09-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Works for me! Memories of that endless summer of 1969! Thank you Mysterysinger!

You what? David Letterman could be a jerk at times. There, I said it! LOL!

Enjoyed the video. Unfortunately, Jr. Walker was among the Motown artists who we never got a chance to see -- only hear -- which makes this video all the more special.

Thankfully I got to see him a couple of times and he was always entertaining.

Yeah, I always loved Junior. I would almost give my right arm to get his remaining Motown albums on CD. There are still too many of them not available yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Yeah, I always loved Junior. I would almost give my right arm to get his remaining Motown albums on CD. There are still too many of them not available yet.
    The fact that they are not available on CD is a crime......

I know, Marv, but I have more hope now than ever before. Within the past year alone, we've managed to get not one but TWO Expanded Supremes CDs, four Undisputed Truth albums on CD, two Bobby Darin CDs, and we're about to get The Spinners Expanded CD, AND, miraculously, a 2-CD Blinky set. I wouldn't be surprised if a Jr. Walker multi-album CD set and a multi-album CD set of The Originals is right around the corner. Harry, Andy, George, and the guys have been whittling away at our
    wish list one artist at a time. I think all that we've been begging for has been honored except for Jr. Walker and The Originals.

You know what's odd is the fact that nobody seems to care about the remaining Jermaine Jackson solo albums getting a CD release. So far, only his first two have been released physically -- and I love them -- especially his version of Kim Weston's "Take Me In Your Arms". But I've never heard anyone request them. Wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    I know, Marv, but I have more hope now than ever before. Within the past year alone, we've managed to get not one but TWO Expanded Supremes CDs, four Undisputed Truth albums on CD, two Bobby Darin CDs, and we're about to get The Spinners Expanded CD, AND, miraculously, a 2-CD Blinky set. I wouldn't be surprised if a Jr. Walker multi-album CD set and a multi-album CD set of The Originals is right around the corner. Harry, Andy, George, and the guys have been whittling away at our
    wish list one artist at a time. I think all that we've been begging for has been honored except for Jr. Walker and The Originals.

You know what's odd is the fact that nobody seems to care about the remaining Jermaine Jackson solo albums getting a CD release. So far, only his first two have been released physically -- and I love them -- especially his version of Kim Weston's "Take Me In Your Arms". But I've never heard anyone request them. Wonder why?
    I personally always wanted at least one expanded edition on one of the Four Tops albums.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I personally always wanted at least one expanded edition on one of the Four Tops albums.
    Which one? Any of their first few hits studio albums?

1) Four Tops
    2) Second Album
    3) On Top
    4) Reach Out
    5) Yesterday's Dreams
    6) Now
    7) Soul Spin

[[I purposely left out "On Broadway.)

Did jr.walker ever record a jazz album?

No, arr&bee, no jazz album -- at least, none that were ever released. He had two live albums, but no jazz recordings. That's a great idea, though. I wish he had.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 07-19-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Junior's 1966 album Soul Session is probably his most jazz-ish... all the tracks are instrumentals in the soul-jazz vein... but that's probably not what arr&bee is asking about

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Hope this works for you....[[might need to click it a time or two and wait). Love this clip.

Great clip; thanks for sharing mysterysinger!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Junior's 1966 album Soul Session is probably his most jazz-ish... all the tracks are instrumentals in the soul-jazz vein... but that's probably not what arr&bee is asking about
    No, I think he meant an actual jazz album, Tom. But, you're right, some of the mid-tempo instrumental tracks might be interpreted by some as being jazz-ish.