[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Here's an unreleased version of I Believe in You and Me, with a different arrangement. Listen to the end, where Levi "goes to church"!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...15414&comments
    Last edited by stranger56; 01-13-2011 at 07:00 PM.

My favorite Four Tops song of all time. It always upset me that Motown never released a version of Levi singing it live in concert cause that's where he really took it to another level. I believe Motown have a concert version recorded since they have at least one Temps Tops concert from the 80's in the vault. The one they got tonight I'm gonna love you all over for the box set from. Don't have facebook so I can't hear this one but am wondering is this the version that was suppose to be on the Hot Nights album?

Yes it is. I didn't realize you had to be on Facebook to hear this one. Sorry about that. I'll upload it to youtube in a few minutes.

Try this!

More of the Four Tops unreleased material needs to be made available.

One of My greatest memories

Can you imagine meeting and talking to your all time favorite singer. That's what I got to do in June of 1974 when The Four Tops, The Four Season's and Tommy James all performed together at Pine Knob.
    Levi and Frankie were just standing talking near the concession stand and me and my buddy got the nerve up to introduce our selves to the great man. Although we did not intentionally ignore Frankie Vali, it was Levi Stubbs that we wanted to meet. He spent 10 minutes with us and also introduced us to Frankie Vali -who must have been in shock seeing two white guys go absolutely nuts over Levi Stubbs.
    Not only was he the greatest singer who ever lived, but also one heck of a nice guy.
    So many classics, but he never sounded better than on Ask the Lonely, and Reach Out is the all time greatest song ever made- hands down.

Thanks for posting stranger!!! As soon as I'm done here I'll have to give it a listen.

I know there's no hope for something like this but just in case Motown/Hip-O is out there here's a suggestion. How about a 2CD set called Four Tops: Return To Motown 1983-1986 including

Back Where I Belong Album 1983 [[Unreleased on CD)
    Four Tops Live 1984 [[Unreleased Tops part of the TNT Concert recorded Dec of 84 in Santa Barbara)
    Magic Album 1985 [[Unreleased on CD)
    Hot Nights Album 1986 [[Unreleased Period)
    Bonus Track: Battle Song 1983 [[with the Temps from their Back to Basics album Unreleased on CD)

This set would appeal to the hardcore Four Tops fan by giving us Two Albums for the first time on CD and the unreleased "Lost" Hot Nights Album. In addition by including an unreleased live set it would give us a concert from the same time period and make it so the package would also contain their greatest hits [[Can't Help Myself, Reach Out, Ain't No Woman, When She Was My Girl etc.) which would give it a chance to appeal to non hardcore buyers who would only consider buying a Four Tops set if it contains these songs. Well anyway one can dream!!!

A nice dream Tracie, don't ever stop.........thanks for your contribution to this thread.

Tracie, that is an excellent idea! I have especially wanted to hear the "Hot Nights" album for more than 20 years now. Including the other latter day Motown albums would just be icing on the cake. I have all of them, but "Magic" is a personal favorite of mine. Each song was special.