[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

Martha Reeves on the red carpet Motown the Musical Family Night

smark21 Guest
    And here's Berry Gordy:

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Now Martha is Motowns true superstar and look how she shine with pride. Dr Martha Reeves is the most beautiful and talented star to ever record at Motown records. She IS the firsrt Lady of Motown Records and im real real proud of Miss martha.

Thank you smark21.

Roberta

Whenever Martha's interviewed, even briefly, she's engaging, direct, witty, quick, funny, and wonderfully spontaneous. Thanks very much for this posting, Smark. This video clip captured Martha just being Martha, and she still continues to capture all who get the chance to hear what she has to say. Her voice on her Motown recordings was always full of personality. It's a real charge to see her personality in full force and effect here.

WOW!!! That was VERY good... Watchin it it felt like high blood pressure had got a hold o me!! [[But maybe that's the way its supposed to be?) I love her spunk and her
    energy!! You go, Miss Reeves!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Whenever Martha's interviewed, even briefly, she's engaging, direct, witty, quick, funny, and wonderfully spontaneous. Thanks very much for this posting, Smark. This video clip captured Martha just being Martha, and she still continues to capture all who get the chance to hear what she has to say. Her voice on her Motown recordings was always full of personality. It's a real charge to see her personality in full force and effect here.
    Dr Martha Reeves is a gracious and funny and beautiful and smart and lovely lady which is why she is was and always will be the First Lady of Motown Records imo. I adore this lady.

Roberta

DAMMMMMMM This interview is soooo good,now that's what i'm talking about a real talk,from the heart,i also love me some Martha Reeves, Roberta lol,Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    DAMMMMMMM This interview is soooo good,now that's what i'm talking about a real talk,from the heart,i also love me some Martha Reeves, Roberta lol,Please stay positive
    Martha Reeves is a very intelligent woman, a true entertainment professional. She has personality, charisma and class. She knows how to connect with other people and makes others love her......................

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Martha Reeves is a very intelligent woman, a true entertainment professional. She has personality, charisma and class. She knows how to connect with other people and makes others love her......................
    I can't tell you the number of times she would take time to talk to me in the Renaissance in Detroit even though she was obviously in a hurry. Once i was at the bar inside Andiomos before a hockey game and saw her at a table with her staffers in her city council days. I waved and she came over and took my hand leading me outside the door to talk for a few minutes. She really listens and is not dismissive to her fans. I always got a kick out of her because she would always hold my hand with the most direct eye contact. She really believes what she is saying and is quite direct and spiritual. I would not want to mess with her tho!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    I can't tell you the number of times she would take time to talk to me in the Renaissance in Detroit even though she was obviously in a hurry. Once i was at the bar inside Andiomos before a hockey game and saw her at a table with her staffers in her city council days. I waved and she came over and took my hand leading me outside the door to talk for a few minutes. She really listens and is not dismissive to her fans. I always got a kick out of her because she would always hold my hand with the most direct eye contact. She really believes what she is saying and is quite direct and spiritual. I would not want to mess with her tho!
    She is such an easy person to talk to, there's no BS, no fake airs...and such talent and musical knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    She is such an easy person to talk to, there's no BS, no fake airs...and such talent and musical knowledge.
    She'll even give you one her personally rolled cigarettes from her purse if you're really cool........

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She'll even give you one her personally rolled cigarettes from her purse if you're really cool........
    Hi Marv:
    I thought Martha quit smoking a while back? But yes, she did or does roll her own! She is also known to be very benevolent when folks are in need. I have heard she has helped people make their car note in hard
    times. She used to sneak into our work cafeteria with her lawyer when she was working on settling her issues with Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post

Hi Marv:
    I thought Martha quit smoking a while back? But yes, she did or does roll her own! She is also known to be very benevolent when folks are in need. I have heard she has helped people make their car note in hard
    times. She used to sneak into our work cafeteria with her lawyer when she was working on settling her issues with Berry.
    Detmotownguy, she may have. It's been a while since I've hung out with Martha. But back then if she was having one or if you asked her nicely for one, she'd give it too you....no problem. Martha, as much as a huge music legend she is, also seems like an Aunt when I am around her. She is cool, she is up on current events, she is smart, she is caring, she is tough, Detroit tough! LOL! I love her........

I had the pleasure [[and it was a real pleasure) of meeting her backstage at at a gig she did here in the U.K in the early eighties...my cousin was the cloakroom attendant and managed to get me into Martha's dressing room for a personal chat....she was so kind and gracious...we spoke about M25 and the early days and she was impressed that someone my age [[ I was 18 at the time) was still so into her music...she said she had something special to give me and she handed me a glossy publicity shot that she then signed...she then told me it was the last one and she had none to give to anybody else...she then lent over and kissed me on the cheek and thanked ME....what a memory.