[REMOVE ADS]

Chantels live 1958

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43ELZ9WRsEI Gets better half way through. Never knew this existed and has a half a million hits! Thank God for Dick Clark!

Wow, What a find! Thanks Luke. The all looked so young. I went to college with one of their daughters. The Chantels are iconic now.

Flawless!

It needs to be cleaned up in production. It's blurry and that was not a live performance. It was lip-synced.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-04-2013 at 12:12 PM.

EXCELLENT, Luke.

The Chantels with Arlene Smith on lead are still my favorites. Most know Arlene left the group and Amy Ortiz is lead for them now. One of the best spots in TJ Lubinsky's "Doo Wop 50" is when Arlene comes out on stage and joins the group for "Maybe". The crowd went wild!

Arlene and the group [[along with The Jive Five) backed Eugene Pitt on two songs - "Don't Believe Him Donna" & "Magic Maker Music Maker" on two of The Jive Five Ambient sound albums in the early 1980's.

The Chantels will always be at the top of my list for female vocal group harmony groups.

~~Mary~~

Let's not forget Annette Smith [[who replaced Arlene Smith) and sang lead on another

hit, "Look In My Eyes":

My girlfriends and I wore out "Maybe"! They were thee "pioneer" girl group that opened the doors for all others that came after them.

Arlene still has a great voice. Here she is at one of Jimmy Scott's concerts in recent years, when she came backstage to say "hello" and sit and chat.
    Name:  Arlene Smith & J&J.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  18.1 KB

S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Let's not forget Annette Smith [[who replaced Arlene Smith) and sang lead on another

hit, "Look In My Eyes":

Does anyone know whatever happened to Annette Smith?

How long was Annette a Chantel? Great, great song and group!