[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    SupremeBoy Guest
    i haven't been on these boards long but it doesn't take too long to figure out what an embittered, frustrated troll marv2 is. really pathetic. gurlfriend is chomping at the bit and throwing a hissy fit that Diana Ross has still got it and gets reviewed by major publications like the LA Times while Mary Wilson gets reviewed by....yeah, so now you get the point.

Stop crying marv2. Here's a crying towel, dry your eyes gurl...and STFU and go back and sit in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Oh Marv How far Miss Ross has fallen. Playing the decrepit Hollywood Bowl singing the same ol' same ol'

At this rate, we probably can expect her to soon be booked as the opening act for Herman's Hermits on the oldies circuit and having to split the $35 ticket price with three other acts.
    I was at the Bowl on Saturday night and was seated in section T. I paid over $100 per ticket. Section T is almost all the way to the back. So believe me she will not be splitting a $35 dollar ticket with anyone!! This show was amazing.... Thousands of fans everywhere. The hotel I was staying at was completely sold out. The desk lady said everybody was heading to the Hollywood Bowl. Traffic was a nightmare all hotels were sold out you couldn't get a room anywhere all beause of the one and only DIANA ROSS!

******OMG!******...LUV this!!!..ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HA!

"Ross supporters are fighting back and he's jerking and sizzling like a squirrel biting into a telephone wire. "

and this is just the beginning.. wait until the announcements for MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL [[which will play forever on Broadway) getting made into a movie [[which will actually be "The Diana Ross Story").. show some compassion, it must be lonely watching those trailer park shows with former Supreme Mary Wells..oops.. whoever...haha

Hey everyone we all know marv2 write terrible things about Diane Ross and we all know marv2 got a real unhealthy obsession with Diane Ross and we all know the disgusting things he post about homosexual gentlemen over at youtube but lets not stoop to his level. please leave Miss Mary Wilson out of this. miss Wilson is a lovely lady and a true Supreme and like Diane she deserves our love and respect. Dont lower yourselves to marv2s level. Stay classy and stay positive.

Thank you.
    Roberta

Have to agree with Roberta, Mary Wilson is indeed a lovely talented lady. Not everyone can be the great DIANA ROSS, but that does not mean they do not possess their own unique talent. Try to stay cool......

Yeah, yaw'll are talking powerful smack to ol' Marv. I think he realizes he's now outnumbered and has backed off. You guys read him like you were at the library reading the latest bestseller that can't be checked out. You know those books they only give you an hour or two to read so you go at it fast and furious. LOL. Vgalindo, I think Milven did a jab at Mary Wilson splitting a $35.00 ticket not Diana Ross. If you gonna battle, you gotta make sure you know your opponent. Lol.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-05-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I was at the Bowl on Saturday night and was seated in section T. I paid over $100 per ticket. Section T is almost all the way to the back.
    You shouldn't purchase tickets from scalpers, honey. The standard admission price at the Bowl for section T is 29.50$. If you paid over 100$, you got fucked.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 08-05-2013 at 04:38 PM.

I was at the Bowl on Saturday night and was seated in section T. I paid over $100 per ticket. Section T is almost all the way to the back. So believe me she will not be splitting a $35 dollar ticket with anyone!! This show was amazing.... Thousands of fans everywhere. The hotel I was staying at was completely sold out. The desk lady said everybody was heading to the Hollywood Bowl. Traffic was a nightmare all hotels were sold out you couldn't get a room anywhere all beause of the one and only DIANA ROSS!
    I was being sarcastic. She most definately will not be doing shows for $35. I love the Hollywood Bowl. Was there years ago to see another of my favorite ladies. Almost flew in to see Diana at the bowl but then she scheduled something on this coast. I will see her in couple of weeks. Our tickets cost $149 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Hey everyone we all know marv2 write terrible things about Diane Ross and we all know marv2 got a real unhealthy obsession with Diane Ross...but lets not stoop to his level. please leave Miss Mary Wilson out of this. miss Wilson is a lovely lady and a true Supreme and like Diane she deserves our love and respect. Dont lower yourselves to marv2s level. Stay classy and stay positive.

Thank you.
    Roberta
    You are absolutely right. Marv brings out the worst in us and the easiest way to retaliate is to attack Mary. But it is not Mary that is being hateful. It is Marv. Marv does a great disservice to Miss Wilson.

What a SHAME,you guys are puttin' one former SUPREME down,just to build another former up,this is CRAZY on both ends,come on guys,this is so CHILDISH,if you love Diana,and think she is great,love her,or if you love Mary Wilson,and think she is great,love her,[[and i do)this is soooo SILLY,i do know this,Mary and Diana dosen't like it,so please Stop In The Name Of Love lol,if you say Marv has an obession with Diana,and then you come back puttin' Mary down,that don't make you any better,just saying,Please stay positive.p.s are any of you guys going to see An Evening With Natalie Cole At The Hollywood Bowl?as The Jackson 5 sang I'll Be There.
    Last edited by REDHOT; 08-05-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    ....Vgalindo, I think Milven did a jab at Mary Wilson splitting a $35.00 ticket not Diana Ross. If you gonna battle, you gotta make sure you know your opponent. Lol.
    You are right. The jab of splitting a $35.00 ticket wasn't a jab at Diana. Actually, it wasn't even a jab at Mary even though the reference was to her. The jab was to Marv. He professes to be such a fan, yet he wasn't fan enough to cross the Hudson and go see her open for Herman's Hermits. I'm glad to see Mary still able to get bookings.

I actually saw this show, but did not comment because I didn't enjoy any of it, including Mary. Mary was not bad. I think the audience expected something else from her. I did like her enthusiasm trying to win over the audience. For me, the best Mary shows are when she does not do Supremes songs. By depending on the Supremes' so much, she has cornered herself into an oldies act.

I was at the same theater a week later to see Gladys. Ticket prices were tripled, audience was much nicer and friendlier and Gladys was in top shape.

But back to Diana. I am looking forward to seeing her in less than two weeks even though I know in advance that she will open with I'm Coming Out again. Wouldn't it be nice if she changed her act a little and opened with something different and unexpected and inappropriate like Sugar Sugar by the Archies [[Yes, I'm bein' sarcastic again )
    Last edited by milven; 08-05-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    What a SHAME,you guys are puttin' one former SUPREME down,just to build another former up,this is CRAZY on both ends,come on guys,this is so CHILDISH,if you love Diana,and think she is great,love her,or if you love Mary Wilson,and think she is great,love her....
    Point taken and you are right. As a Supreme fan, I don't like to see any of them attacked. The main culprit is Marv. He actually goes out of his way to attack Diana and proof is right here in this thread. Knowing of his dangerously fanatical attraction to Mary, the easiest way to attack him is to say something degrading about Mary. Not right. Not fair to Mary. And it makes all Supremes fans seem as petty as Marv is.

I will give it my best shot to refrain. But you won't get the same promise from Marv. And Ralph will continue to give him member privileges.

It looks like ET will be doing a story on Diana tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Hey everyone we all know marv2 write terrible things about Diane Ross and we all know marv2 got a real unhealthy obsession with Diane Ross and we all know the disgusting things he post about homosexual gentlemen over at youtube but lets not stoop to his level. please leave Miss Mary Wilson out of this. miss Wilson is a lovely lady and a true Supreme and like Diane she deserves our love and respect. Dont lower yourselves to marv2s level. Stay classy and stay positive.

Thank you.
    Roberta
    All man Jonc! You don't know nothing but how to waste people's time with you feeble, ongoing attempts at starting fights.

I just posted what others have said about Diane's concerts in recent years and you and some of your boys just can't take it. You get all psychotic over a woman none of you know. I wished all you that go all crazy over Diane the opportunity to meet and know her!!!!

Now if you are upset about the reviews, the email the papers that printed them until they submit to your will...........NOT LOL! Diane is doing good just to be able to be still standing upright behind a microphone anywhere. Be happy for that.

You are right. The jab of splitting a $35.00 ticket wasn't a jab at Diana. Actually, it wasn't even a jab at Mary even though the reference was to her. The jab was to Marv. He professes to be such a fan, yet he wasn't fan enough to cross the Hudson and go see her open for Herman's Hermits. I'm glad to see Mary still able to get bookings.

I actually saw this show, but did not comment because I didn't enjoy any of it, including Mary. Mary was not bad. I think the audience expected something else from her. I did like her enthusiasm trying to win over the audience. For me, the best Mary shows are when she does not do Supremes songs. By depending on the Supremes' so much, she has cornered herself into an oldies act.

I was at the same theater a week later to see Gladys. Ticket prices were tripled, audience was much nicer and friendlier and Gladys was in top shape.

But back to Diana. I am looking forward to seeing her in less than two weeks even though I know in advance that she will open with I'm Coming Out again. Wouldn't it be nice if she changed her act a little and opened with something different and unexpected and inappropriate like Sugar Sugar by the Archies [[Yes, I'm bein' sarcastic again )
    Hey man are you crazy? Are you crazy? I don't need to cross no goddamned Hudson to see Mary. I see her all the time, but that's none of your business fool! Why don't you make a point of meeting me face to face and make me see things your way! It's easy to sit up here and talk shit hiding behind a computer.

Roberta I am waiting on your smart ass response to this that is not even directed to you. Stop playing like you are a woman and stay outta of it!

Point taken and you are right. As a Supreme fan, I don't like to see any of them attacked. The main culprit is Marv. He actually goes out of his way to attack Diana and proof is right here in this thread. Knowing of his dangerously fanatical attraction to Mary, the easiest way to attack him is to say something degrading about Mary. Not right. Not fair to Mary. And it makes all Supremes fans seem as petty as Marv is.

I will give it my best shot to refrain. But you won't get the same promise from Marv. And Ralph will continue to give him member privileges.
    I ain't no culprit! You just do not agree with or like some of things I say. Is that suppose to make you better than me? I don't give a S%^T about no tired ass Diane Ross. You want to smear and talk about me because I am not a fan? You'd better check yourself man and stop talking shit directed at me. Talk about "Dianah Ross" and leave your weak assed jabs for someone else and not me!

Dont you ever try talking your smart talk about Ralph! You would not
    even be here if it weren't for him. None of us would be jerk!

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    All man Jonc! You don't know nothing but how to waste people's time with you feeble, ongoing attempts at starting fights.

I just posted what others have said about Diane's concerts in recent years and you and some of your boys just can't take it. You get all psychotic over a woman none of you know. I wished all you that go all crazy over Diane the opportunity to meet and know her!!!!

Now if you are upset about the reviews, the email the papers that printed them until they submit to your will...........NOT LOL! Diane is doing good just to be able to be still standing upright behind a microphone anywhere. Be happy for that.
    jonC lolololololol. That guy must have jilted you at the alter because youve got it bad and that aint good marv2.

For the record I could give a hoot about Dianes reviews or Marys reviews or Justin Beiber reviews. Im just glad Diane and Mary are still working and enjoying they work.

How come everytime Diane Ross go on tour you go beserk?

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Yeah, yaw'll are talking powerful smack to ol' Marv. I think he realizes he's now outnumbered and has backed off. You guys read him like you were at the library reading the latest bestseller that can't be checked out. You know those books they give you an hour or two to read. LOL. Vgalindo, I think Milven did a jab at Mary Wilson splitting a $35.00 ticket not Diana Ross. If you gonna battle, you gotta make sure you know your opponent. Lol.
    Thanks for pointing this out. Sorry I didn't realize it until after. Sorry milven.

Hey man are you crazy? Are you crazy? I don't need to cross no goddamned Hudson to see Mary. I see her all the time, but that's none of your business fool! Why don't you make a point of meeting me face to face and make me see things your way! It's easy to sit up here and talk shit hiding behind a computer.

Roberta I am waiting on your smart ass response to this that is not even directed to you. Stop playing like you are a woman and stay outta of it!
    hehehehehehehehehehehehe. Get some help sweetheart.

Sad but true. Why can't anyone stop Marv or reign him in? He does bring out the worst in people and they fight back by attacking his idol - just as he attacks theirs. He has not done any service to Mary Wilson. He's actually made things worse for her. I hope she realizes this because he sure doesn't. And as usual, when he's really pissed; Marv goes and challenges someone to a physical confrontation that he knows may never happen. But let me remind you all that several forum members have gladly volunteered to meet him-- just as long as he names the place and time and then let the chips and fists fly and fall as they may. He's the one who never takes that challenge. Next, he will play the victim and whine that he's being picked on when it was one of his cronies and he who entered this thread and started the fight as usual. He needs his own reality show: The Real Madman and Big Baby of the East Coast or wherever he lives.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-05-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    You shouldn't purchase tickets from scalpers, honey. The standard admission price at the Bowl for section T is 29.50$. If you paid over 100$, you got fucked.
    Honey I din't buy my tickets from scalpers. I bought them on line from Stub Hub. Ticketmaster was sold out. And I don't believe I got fucked. Diana Ross was way worth the price dear!!!

I was being sarcastic. She most definately will not be doing shows for $35. I love the Hollywood Bowl. Was there years ago to see another of my favorite ladies. Almost flew in to see Diana at the bowl but then she scheduled something on this coast. Iwill see her in couple of weeks. Our tickets cost $149 each.
    I know. Sorry for the mishap. Everybody knows Diana Ross' tickets ain't cheap. Where will you be seeing her? I will also be attending her show on Wed at the Golden Gate.

I ain't no culprit! You just do not agree with or like some of things I say. Is that suppose to make you better than me? I don't give a S%^T about no tired ass Diane Ross. You want to smear and talk about me because I am not a fan? You'd better check yourself man and stop talking shit directed at me. Talk about "Dianah Ross" and leave your weak assed jabs for someone else and not me!
    From what you are posting on this thread, my guess is that I am way better than you. I did not smear you. You are the one calling me crazy. You are the one who just called me a fool. You are the one who called me a jerk. And you are the one who wishes to meet me face to face? Why? You said that I am too scared to meet you face to face. Why would I be afraid? I'm not afraid of discussing with words in person or on a computer. Or should I be afraid of a physical threat if I meet you in person? Am I better than you? From your postings here, all here would agree that I am most definately better than you. And you know it. And what can you do about that? Nothin' !! Live with it !!

Tracy also said Evans new album will be coming out in September. Boy it has taken forever for this release. Does anyone know if it will have the reported duet with Diana? I sure hope so.

I know. Sorry for the mishap. Everybody knows Diana Ross' tickets ain't cheap. Where will you be seeing her? I will also be attending her show on Wed at the Golden Gate.
    Diana in Frisco. That's gotta be a blast. We will see her at NJ PAC in Newark. Box seats. Would have preferred front orchrestra but , hopefully, these will be good. Enjoy the show.
    What song do you think she will open the show with?

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    It looks like ET will be doing a story on Diana tonight.
    There will be an interview with all five of Diana's children, filmed backstage at the Bowl.

Publicity on a national entertainment news show! OH OH. Heads will explode over this! I saw THE ET feature. It was with her five children after her triumphant "Hollywood return." ET said this.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-05-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Honey I din't buy my tickets from scalpers. I bought them on line from Stub Hub. Ticketmaster was sold out. And I don't believe I got fucked. Diana Ross was way worth the price dear!!!
    So.... same difference, it's just an online scalping service. I would NEVER pay 100$ for shit seats like that. Just goes to show, you snooze, you lose, if you love Diana that much, you should have bought them the day they went on sale.

Maybe he had $100.00 that he wanted to spend and didn't mind it. Some people have it like that. Money is no object when it comes to getting something they want. Why worry about how other people spend THEIR money? Sounds like hating to me.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-05-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks to everyone for the pics, interviews and love. Diana is still a DIVA and an Icon and a Legend in her own time. She loves her Family, her fans and performing. Surely she could go home and sit and do one or two shows a year but she enjoys her craft. She looks and sounds good !!!! There is nothing wrong with your family supporting you and being there for you.

and knowing that when MOTOWN: THE MUSICAL turns into a major motion picture, that a positive view of your life story will be preserved forever!..Miss Diana Ross is being rewarded for a lifetime of hard work, and 'spreading love..."

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeBoy View Post
    i haven't been on these boards long but it doesn't take too long to figure out what an embittered, frustrated troll marv2 is. really pathetic. gurlfriend is chomping at the bit and throwing a hissy fit that Diana Ross has still got it and gets reviewed by major publications like the LA Times while Mary Wilson gets reviewed by....yeah, so now you get the point.

Stop crying marv2. Here's a crying towel, dry your eyes gurl...and STFU and go back and sit in the corner.
    Drop Dead you jerk!

Drop Dead you jerk!
    Wow, you call Supremeboy a jerk, you call Roberta a jerk, you call me a jerk.
    Are we all jerks at SDF ?? And do you not like jerks ??

Well below are directions on how to get away from us "jerks"

See ya Bye !
    Last edited by milven; 08-05-2013 at 08:38 PM.

[Copyrighted Image Removed by Moderators - Please do not post images which you do not own or have permission to use. Read article 7 of the SoulfulDetroit FAQ - Rules And Conditions For Participation On The SoulfulDetroit Forums]

Halle Berry Hides Her Baby Bump Listening To Diana Ross At The Hollywood Bowl With Hubby!

Halle Berry hid her own Hollywood Bowl well on Saturday night at the actual Hollywood Bowl. SRSLY, where'd that baby bump go? She looks great!
    Halle was seen having an awesome time with her hubby Olivier Martinez, baby bumping along to Diana Ross!
    It looks like there ain't no mountain high, ain't no valley low, ain't no 7-lb bun in the over that can keep these two newlyweds from having a super romantic night out on the town.
    We bet after hearing an evening of Diana, their baby was like, "I'm coming out!"
    Aw, we can't wait to meet the little X-guy or girl, but we know no matter what, that baby is going to be mutantly good looking!

http://perezhilton.com/2013-08-05-ha...l#.UgBM_pKG3pU

So.... same difference, it's just an online scalping service. I would NEVER pay 100$ for shit seats like that. Just goes to show, you snooze, you lose, if you love Diana that much, you should have bought them the day they went on sale.
    It was a last minute thing. I wasn't planning on going since I already had tickets for her in San Francisco. But I got the urge the night before so what can I say. Truly worth every penny!!

supremester Guest
    Actually, I know A LOT and I repeat, A LOT of members truly digging it. I'm sorry that you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by thisoldheart View Post
    jeez, another pathetic pro versus anti ross fan fight. the rest of us here are truly bored by this two sided unkind behavior.

supremester Guest
    Actually, there isn't a standard ticket price for any section at The Bowl. Each act is different. Miss Ross' scale is higher, that being said, no one who buys a ticket for a show they want to see gets fucked. If a show is worth 10000 to you, you didn't get fucked. I wish I had been there, but couldn't go. I'd surely have paid way over face value. The show will gross over a million and that will not reflect the re-sellers prices or it might be doubled. Pool circle tix were going for 3000 and up. Lots of peeps in LA have lots of money and dropping 3-5k per ticket is no biggie. Babs was the same and she sold out as well. Tony bennet, the night before, sold 13,000 at a different scale. Sometimes the highest price is 69.95.

supremester Guest
    He didn't lose - he WON! He got tix to a show he wanted to see. Why throw negs at strangers with "should haves?" You don't know the circumstances, he could have not known they went on sale, lots of varying scenarios could lead to his happily paid 100.00 purchase. How ignorant of you to throw shade at a stranger based on your personal life experience and value system. Get over yourself, dear - he's happy - why are you trying to judge and qualify that?

Diana in Frisco. That's gotta be a blast. We will see her at NJ PAC in Newark. Box seats. Would have preferred front orchrestra but , hopefully, these will be good. Enjoy the show.
    What song do you think she will open the show with?
    If it's the same show as the Bowl it will be "I'm Coming Out". I love this song as an opening.

Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    He didn't lose - he WON! He got tix to a show he wanted to see. Why throw negs at strangers with "should haves?" You don't know the circumstances, he could have not known they went on sale, lots of varying scenarios could lead to his happily paid 100.00 purchase. How ignorant of you to throw shade at a stranger based on your personal life experience and value system. Get over yourself, dear - he's happy - why are you trying to judge and qualify that?
    And your'e full of shit. Stupid financial behaviour like that is why half this country is in debt up to their eyeballs, there will be a time he wishes he's had that 100 bucks. Suze Orman would say the same thing!

supremester Guest
    I think it's more like rude, judgmental know-it-alls with anger issues who use foul language in inappropriate situations. Not everyone spends beyond their means - what makes you he is? Is EVERY $100 purchase the ruination of the economy or just every $100 spent on The Supreme Supreme or what exactly. Millions of people spend $100 on things everyday. Think of what would happen to the economy if they didn't spend that $100. He sounds like a rather bright fellow and I'm guessing the $100 he spent won't be missed in his lifetime. Suze Orman???? LOLOLOLOL OMG .......THANK YOU for that!

And your'e full of shit. Stupid financial behaviour like that is why half this country is in debt up to their eyeballs, there will be a time he wishes he's had that 100 bucks. Suze Orman would say the same thing!
    Last edited by supremester; 08-06-2013 at 12:53 AM.

I make a good living and I don't waste money. I have loved Diana Ross ever since I was a kid. And that was a very long time ago..Lol... I have spent a little fortune on everything associated with Diana Ross.. I have many rare items... Posters, CDS, videos, DVDS, dolls, books, magazines... Believe me I have them all and have never regretted spending money on my only true indulgence. It makes me happy., Diana has been apart of my life forever and her music has helped me get through a lot of hard times. I have seen her live over a dozen times..So I don't believe I will be wishing I had that 100.00 back. Actually I bought 3 tickets so it was actually little over 300.00 dollars Lol

I'll have to watch these videos.

I'm wondering if we all caused Marv to get some pills, check into the pysch ward, get really drunk or just go even more bonkers...................cuz it seems you all drove him wild.

As Diana once said: "Good showwwwwwwwwwwwww"

Not everyone spends beyond their means - what makes you he is? Is EVERY $100 purchase the ruination of the economy or just every $100 spent on The Supreme Supreme or what exactly. Millions of people spend $100 on things everyday. Think of what would happen to the economy if they didn't spend that $100. He sounds like a rather bright fellow and I'm guessing the $100 he spent won't be missed in his lifetime. Suze Orman???? LOLOLOLOL OMG .......THANK YOU for that!
    Thanks Supremester. You totally get it... Are you Greg? Didn't you used to run a Diana Ross fan club? Was it called Reach Out? I was one of the members many years ago.

Amazing!!!!! I've seen Diana Ross in concert about 25 times, most times from the front row. The main thing that keeps me Hangin On is hearing her do "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". This song has been my main inspiration for getting thru some of life's major B.S. since I first heard it in 70. Yup, I have travelled thousands of miles....spent thousands of dollars just to experience " my theme song" in person. Over the years I've seen 2 performances of it that have blown me away more than it normally does. The peformance in this video clip is one. The other was a couple of years ago when I saw her at the Fox Theatre in Detroit. There's just something extra she sometimes gives to it at various times that takes it over the top for me.

Ouch! I hope you don't scold me when I tell you that I spent $300 each for Bette Midler's 90 minute one woman Broadway Show. Even by NYC standards , the ticket price was excessive, but they were bought from the theater not a scalper. In recent years, venues hold back prime seats and sell them at premium prices [[read scalper prices). If they don't sell at that price, they release them at regular price.

I don't deny myself. I get what I want, but don't live over my head. I owe no one, have no debt, no mortgage and no car payments.

Money has a different value on the east and west coasts. Here is a typical night out to NYC.
    Gas and tolls, $15: parking , $ 40; two Broadway tickets, $250; dinner $150. So a normal night out costs about $ 500.

Half of this country may be up to its eyeballs in debt, but the other half must know how to manage money or they wouldn't be able to go to a Diana Ross concert on the spur of the moment and then have to worry the next day if there would be food on the table.

Vgalindo should be congratulated for stimulating the economy. I would bet that he is in the half of the country that is not up to his eyeballs in debt.

Ouch! I hope you don't scold me when I tell you that I spent $300 each for Bette Midler's 90 minute one woman Broadway Show. Even by NYC standards , the ticket price was excessive, but they were bought from the theater not a scalper. In recent years, venues hold back prime seats and sell them at premium prices [[read scalper prices). If they don't sell at that price, they release them at regular price.

I don't deny myself. I get what I want, but don't live over my head. I owe no one, have no debt, no mortgage and no car payments.

Money has a different value on the east and west coasts. Here is a typical night out to NYC.
    Gas and tolls, $15: parking , $ 40; two Broadway tickets, $250; dinner $150. So a normal night out costs about $ 500.

Half of this country may be up to its eyeballs in debt, but the other half must know how to manage money or they wouldn't be able to go to a Diana Ross concert on the spur of the moment and then have to worry the next day if there would be food on the table.

Vgalindo should be congratulated for stimulating the economy. I would bet that he is in the half of the country that is not up to his eyeballs in debt.
    Thank you so much... And no I am not in debt. I own my own home and have two cars paid in full. I save and spend my money wisely. I didn't charge these tickets. I paid cash. I really had a wonderful weekend. Had dinner and a watched a great concert with friends. The next day we went to Santa Monica and spent the day on the beach and the boardwalk. Got home today and I am relaxing reading all the wonderful reviews of the show. The segment on ET was the icing on the cake. So you see I don't ever think I would wish I had any of the money back.. Too many wonderful memories. You only live life once so enjoy it while you can.

supremester Guest
    I am he. Wow - I love meeting Reach Out members - it was such a fun thing to do, I just wanted us all to be able to get to know each other and it worked beyond my expectations. I too have spent a "few" dollars on Miss Ross and I plan to spend a "few" more. I need to save for something big so I'm toning it down a bit this year, but, like you, Miss Ross makes me happy. she fascinates me and I have now been a major fan for 49 years.........If anyone is having caniptions over your $100 bowl ticket, I'm not even going to HINT at what Tom & I paid in 2008, but it's all relative. I don't drink, spend nothing on booze and don't eat out a lot [[I'm almost just as happy at popeye's or In n Out than I am with a $50 Porterhouse from Peter Lugars.) So I spend it on long weekends in Palm Springs and Miss Ross. Geez, when Diana Ross & The Supremes came to town in '67, the tickets were $4, $5, $6 - an OUTRAGE! The Beatles weren't that much...... Beach Boys that prior summer were $2.25-$4.00..... Sonny & Cher topped out at $3.50. I couldn't find anyone to go with! Everyone said, "You can get 2 albums for that and hear the forever.......the concert will be over in a night." DUH. Finally, some friends broke down but they would only get a $4 seat - LOL. We had season tix to the hockey games there and I had ZERO intention of sitting 5 miles away. Finally, I just decided to go myself! We spend what we want - be in paper route savings or cashing in my IRA to buy tix to Radio City!
    Thanks Supremester. You totally get it... Are you Greg? Didn't you used to run a Diana Ross fan club? Was it called Reach Out? I was one of the members many years ago.

I am he. Wow - I love meeting Reach Out members - it was such a fun thing to do, I just wanted us all to be able to get to know each other and it worked beyond my expectations. I too have spent a "few" dollars on Miss Ross and I plan to spend a "few" more. I need to save for something big so I'm toning it down a bit this year, but, like you, Miss Ross makes me happy. she fascinates me and I have now been a major fan for 49 years.........If anyone is having caniptions over your $100 bowl ticket, I'm not even going to HINT at what Tom & I paid in 2008, but it's all relative. I don't drink, spend nothing on booze and don't eat out a lot [[I'm almost just as happy at popeye's or In n Out than I am with a $50 Porterhouse from Peter Lugars.) So I spend it on long weekends in Palm Springs and Miss Ross. Geez, when Diana Ross & The Supremes came to town in '67, the tickets were $4, $5, $6 - an OUTRAGE! The Beatles weren't that much...... Beach Boys that prior summer were $2.25-$4.00..... Sonny & Cher topped out at $3.50. I couldn't find anyone to go with! Everyone said, "You can get 2 albums for that and hear the forever.......the concert will be over in a night." DUH. Finally, some friends broke down but they would only get a $4 seat - LOL. We had season tix to the hockey games there and I had ZERO intention of sitting 5 miles away. Finally, I just decided to go myself! We spend what we want - be in paper route savings or cashing in my IRA to buy tix to Radio City!
    Yes those were wonderful times. I miss the different fan clubs. And you are so right. I spent way more than $100.00 a ticket to see Diana Ross in the past. I also like you remember when tickets were just a few dollars. Not too long ago I was looking at old ticket stubs and saw some tickets at only 18.00. I remember barely being able to afford those tickets. I used to see Diana in the early eighties at Lake Tahoe what was called a dinner or a cocktail show. Her prices were the highest price at the time and she would always sell out. Oh the memories...