[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    We have only ever heard from one source that Lynda was making demands - and this is the same source who said that Lynda declined the 1977 South America tour as she wasnted far too much money. Lynda was never asked to join the group for the 1977 South America tour.

Sadly some people feel that Lynda is fair game as she was only in the group for a little over 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Of course the Marvelettes and Vandellas were kaput by 1972 and the Pointers and Emotions didn't make a splash until much later [[when the Supremes disbanded).
    Now there ya go.......TRUTH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by supremesouluk2 View Post
    We have only ever heard from one source that Lynda was making demands - and this is the same source who said that Lynda declined the 1977 South America tour as she wasnted far too much money. Lynda was never asked to join the group for the 1977 South America tour.

Sadly some people feel that Lynda is fair game as she was only in the group for a little over 18 months.
    No, she is fair game because she put herself out there like that.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    No, she is fair game because she put herself out there like that.
    How? And why? I am missing something here?

I love any and all contributions that Lynda did while in the group and as a member of Former Ladies Of The Supremes. She was there when Cindy left to help round out the trio. She was there to sing lead when Jean was ill. She was there to go to Stevie and her brother to get Bad Weather for us. And besides she was so pretty as a Supreme. Lynda was not my favorite Supreme among the nine but I still loved her contributions.
    Last edited by captainjames; 10-29-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Read Rolling Stone review of Touch as to how the critic viewed The Supremes without Diana. Diana and the Supremes were incredible; Jean and Mary and Cindy took the group to a whole new level musically. How many groups had the success they did after their original lead left??-not many. And of course Mary Wilson was there the whole time. Berry said she was the heart and soul of the group. He knows something about the Supremes!

Captain - here here! glad someone said it. Lynda was a short time member. but that should not remove the fact that she did make important contributions to the Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I love any and all contributions that Lynda did while in the groiup and as a member of Former Ladies Of The Supremes. She was there when Cindy left to help round out the trio. She was there to sing lead when Jean was ill. She was there to go to Stevie and her brother to get Bad Weather for us. And besides she was so pretty as a Supreme. Lynda was not my favorite Supreme among the nine but I still loved her contributions.

Very nicely put!

olamaebarto Guest
    Supremes gowns are a drag queens dream. And I mean that in a good way.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Read Rolling Stone review of Touch as to how the critic viewed The Supremes without Diana. Diana and the Supremes were incredible; Jean and Mary and Cindy took the group to a whole new level musically. How many groups had the success they did after their original lead left??-not many. And of course Mary Wilson was there the whole time. Berry said she was the heart and soul of the group. He knows something about the Supremes!
    Frank Wilson took the Supremes to a whole new level musically, not Jean, Mary and Cindy as they didn't write, compose, play instruments or produce.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Frank Wilson took the Supremes to a whole new level musically, not Jean, Mary and Cindy as they didn't write, compose, play instruments or produce.
    and Frank didn't sing, perform or present/sell it to the public..............