[REMOVE ADS]

Diana-Lynda-Scherrie On THE VIEW, 2000 - As RTL Was About To Get Under Way - 25 Mins.

YouTube posting: Diana1983Ross. Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iIQr-LBmu8

Well, it's a great print of THE VIEW--I'll say that much. Strictly for those who want-who must-who have to see it all. Like me.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 08-01-2013 at 07:54 AM.

smark21 Guest
    This thread won't end well.

That made me laugh--'cause you're probably right.

Before it ends in turmoil let me just say it's a great clip and I appreciate you posting it...

Thank you EJ. Glad to do it.

This thread can only go south. My dear Ralph Id keep my eye on this one.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

That's funny, too, Roberta. I got a kick out of it.

Actually, I wouldn't be all that surprised if there wasn't much posting on this one. It's not about RTL itself--it's just a bit of history on the 'spin' that was being created for it. For all the fun and excitement being generated on THE VIEW, seen now in context of its subsequent and abrupt end, it's not a very happy thing to watch. But Lynda and Scherrie were real troopers and soldiered on. And Ross sure looked beautiful here. So, it should have interest for those who are.

Thanks for the link. It was a great clip and I enjoyed watching it.

You're very welcome, Milven. When I came across it, it seemed like something that hadn't been readily available before, so I thought there must be others like myself who'd want to see it.

Vocally, I think this was the best appearance by this trio. I remember really enjoying it when it originally aired.

Great clip and I applaud my fellow posters in keeping this a civil thread. Maybe our positive energy will spread. It could happen.

You guys are awesome. It's just a part of history.

I hadn't seen that clip before. Diane actually sounded good there. If her sound had been more consistent, things might have been a bit better for her. Of course, the sound of the group was very skewed and off kilter because there was no alto voice. Mary's voice was always very important, because it provided a base and softened all the hard edges. With Diana, Scherrie, and Lynda, you have Nasal, brassy, and nasal AND brassy.

LOL Please stay positive

Here we go, the negative comments have started. Shame on negative posters. If you don't like a thread, stay out of it and let the rest of us share the music.

I saw some other footage from this tour and was impressed with Scherrie and Lynda, they looked good and moved great. You guys know the Negative Nellies can't help themselves. They gotta criticize everything.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 08-01-2013 at 05:33 PM.

obviously, jillfoster is another sign on identity for Marv!..the snark, the 'Mary' stuff, the style, am I the only one who noticed this?.. is this the only other identity for Marv on here, an attempt to make it look like he has 'back up'?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    obviously, jillfoster is another sign on identity for Marv!..the snark, the 'Mary' stuff, the style, am I the only one who noticed this?.. is this the only other identity for Marv on here, an attempt to make it look like he has 'back up'?
    Marv and Jillfoster are two different men with something in common. But your theory about one of them having other aliases is definitely on point. I don't know of that many people into Mary Wilson. And have you noticed how some of these Mary fans usually turn up in things that this individual posts or they don't post for months, but suddenly appear just to "amen" something negative this person has posted?

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    I hadn't seen that clip before. Diane actually sounded good there. If her sound had been more consistent, things might have been a bit better for her. Of course, the sound of the group was very skewed and off kilter because there was no alto voice. Mary's voice was always very important, because it provided a base and softened all the hard edges. With Diana, Scherrie, and Lynda, you have Nasal, brassy, and nasal AND brassy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dba View Post
    Here we go, the negative comments have started. Shame on negative posters. If you don't like a thread, stay out of it and let the rest of us share the music.
    Jillfoster's comment wasn't negative. It was a critique of this grouping. He has made it obvious in other threads that he doesn't care for Diana but said that she sounded good here. That's not negative. As for this grouping, he merely said that the sound off kilter because there was no alto.

Jill and Marv are two different people. They have different styles of writing. Jill is opinionated but will back up what he says. We all know how Marv is on these boards and there is no need to further define him here. But I can state unequivocally that they are two different people

No no, Jill is his own guy. He just likes to poke with the stiletto once in a while, which is fine. The bumboy, alter ego, other personality is Luke.

But still, you have a very refreshing thread on here. It's beene excellent by all of you.

It was a good to watch and hear ~~~ All three ladies looked GREAT !!! Good, Bad or indifferent Diana truly put the D in Diva and yes as Valerie Simpson once said Diana was the Queen of Motown. After seeing Motown on Broadway truly she was. They did sound good to me but it was hard for me to really pick out the voices because everyone was singing. Those three women on that stage were Pros and it showed. Love you Scherrie !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    No no, Jill is his own guy. He just likes to poke with the stiletto once in a while, which is fine. The bumboy, alter ego, other personality is Luke.

But still, you have a very refreshing thread on here. It's beene excellent by all of you.
    Luke adores Marv. I think its real touching and sweet to watch they relationship blossom and grow. jillfoster and marv2 are 2 different men bonded forever by Diane Ross.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    I do not recall this show - it's delightful and everything I love about Miss Ross is here. I agree with jillfoster that an alto in the group is preferable, but, as history attests, what The Supremes need to succeed as an A-List act, is Miss Ross. When The Rossless Supremes released 6 hit singles in two years, toured incessantly and did a dozen prime-time TV shows but still had declining album sales and ticket revenues, that's a very talented group in big trouble. You can't play the lack of support card with those facts. I did not see RTL, but I know no one who was disappointed in the show or the sound. 99% of the reviews and comments were highly positive. I also agree with Roberta: Marv & Luke do seem to be very much on the same page, and now, ironically thanks to The Supreme Court, should they wish to make it legal, they can. Mary could sing at your wedding! DR Martha Rose Reeves could officiate and Berry Gordy could wash his hands of the entire affair. Then, should the marriage end in divorce, they could blame it on lack of support from Motown! PLEASE, if this happens, let me know where you are registered......... I'll be checking Husband & Husband [[formerly Adam & Steve) dot com.
    Last edited by supremester; 08-04-2013 at 02:44 PM.

oh dear...... LOL!!!..hahahahaha..[[sound familiar?......LMFAO..)

LOL....That was funny