[REMOVE ADS]

The story of curtis mayfield

A US TV piece about a new play being performed in Chicago .......
    ... 'It's Alright To Have A Good Time' .........
    http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2013/...urtis-mayfield

Curtis & the Impressions ..........

Attachment 7242

I'm very happy for the people of Chicago who'll get to see this, very happy it has been done
    and glad you posted the link but in the back of my mind there's this not so little voice
    screaming: I WANT THIS AS A FILM!!!!!...Why nobody has thought to do Curtis's story on
    the big screen yet is beyond me....

I agree, Curtis would make a great subject for a very intertesting film.

My wife and saw the preview play a couple of weeks ago and it was good. The guy who plays the older Curtis Mayfield is the guy who took his place when Curtis left the Impressions. He was excellent in the role. My wife liked the guy who played the younger Mayfield but I me, I had reservations cause he played the role a little too frantically if there is such a word.

Jackie Taylor's plays at BET always get good press and reviews here in Chicago. She just recently moved into a much nicer/larger space. She had a role in Cooley High [[girl with gap in her teeth). When she did a play on Dionne Warwick, Dionne came to see the play.

www.blackensembletheater.org/jackie-taylor‎