[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 ... LastLast

Say hello to Russell Thompkins Jr of the New Stylistics

SDF Family,

Let's keep this thread going. Since Ralph invited me to the Forum a few years ago, I have received invaluable feedback from all of you regarding several different topics. Your questions, comments, and excellent musical knowledge motivates me and TNS to perform at the highest level we can and it has also helped us to become better, more informed human beings. We look forward to the continued dialouge.

We love you!

RAT Jr & The New Stylistics

Good morning to you Russell my Brother, although i'm way in Chattanooga, Tn. i hope to see you guys perform someday. God Bless you all.

Solemannking,

I will definitely let you know when we come your way.

Hi Russell. Saw the show on PBS last week with you guys singing. Whatever happened to the two James'? Do you all stay in touch?

Hello again Russell! Just like SDF is back...so am I!

Nosey,

I'm not sure what James Dunn or James Smith is up to. We lost touch when they left the group. I've seen both of them probably 2 times over the last 20 years.

Hello Lady Msytique,

Hope all is well with you. I'm glad we found our way to the new site.

Greetings ratjr.
    I'm glad you still here on the forum. I hope all is well with you,and the family.

Yes I am doing well, thanks! Hope all's well with you!

Quote Originally Posted by ratjr View Post
    Hello Lady Msytique,

Hope all is well with you. I'm glad we found our way to the new site.

Russell, do you have plans to perform At Westbury LI in the near future?

good to see you on the new forum Russell!

morph

Thanks for the response.

This is one thread I'm glad we didn't lose ! Ok the Old ones are still there for now...read only ...lol....

Kdub

Glad that you are on the new forum Russell.

Hope all is well with you.

Thanks for all the insight you gave us on the old forum.

Hello Russell

You still make us feel brand new

edafan

I'm glad everyone is making the transition to the forum. I think Ralph and the crew has done a great job with the site. It has a clean, fresh look and it's super fast.
    Last edited by ratjr; 08-06-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Thank you, Russell. I'm liking the new site more and more. The old site was getting bogged down all the time. It's like we were driving a Yugo and have now landed in the latest Corvette.

Hey Ralph,

I have a 78' Vette. I know the feeling!

Lawd love a duck, the image of you sitting in a "Vette" just sent my blood pressure up....go head with your bad self

Hello back at cha Russell Thompkins Jr of the New Stylistics and my fellow Aries freind!

my dad has a 68' heres a pic of it..
    Name:  l_333db474abc62e6e8041f5184d2eb692.jpg
Views: 5132
Size:  78.6 KB

Colton

Russ,
    A 78? One bad car. So is that 68 Colton. I love Vettes.

One sweet ride!

Hey Russ,

Almost as sweet as the ride you gave the crowd yesterday in Atlantic City.

Congrats on yet another great show. That crowd had a lot of love for you & The New Stylistics & man, did they show it or what!!!

Did you see the young lady on the speakers who took off her top & was waving it at you? Thank God she had on a bra, or I don't know

I'm not home yet & am going to see my grandson before I leave town for a few, but when I get back I'm going to spend today going through what I shot & get it up before I leave. I took a lot of shots of the crowd & I hope that you don't mind that. But the way that that crowd was responding to you & The New Stylistics, well...I though that that spoke volumes about how they were enjoying your show.

It was really great seeing all of you again & I look forward to doing it again real soon!
    Last edited by juicefree20; 08-08-2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: correcting punctuation

Hey Juice,

As always, it was great hanging out with you too. The crowd at Gardners Basin was great. We felt the love and I hope they felt it back in our performance. It was a nice touch to receive the proclamation from Mayor Langford for my 40+ years of service to the people. I was especially humbled when he declared Saturday August 7, 2010 "Russell Thompkins Jr. Day" in Atlantic City. He also commended The New Stylistics for their professionalism, unparalled level of talent, and dedication to their admirers and supporters. We're feeling pretty good right now.

Look forward to seeing the pics when you put them up. Talk to you soon.
    Last edited by ratjr; 08-08-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Ms Flo (formerly FJT) checking in. It's nice to see everyone making the transition from the old to the new. Looking forward to continued dialouge about RATJr & TNS.

Thanks to everyone who came out to Gardners Basin in Atlantic City on Saturday. We felt much love from the crowd and we hope we gave it back in our performance.

It was a nice touch to receive the proclamation from Mayor Langford for my 40+ years of service to the people. I was especially humbled when he declared Saturday August 7, 2010 "Russell Thompkins Jr. Day" in Atlantic City. He also commended The New Stylistics for their professionalism, unparalled level of talent, and dedication to their admirers and supporters. We're feeling pretty good right now.

We would also like to thank Vanessa Gaston and the R&B Music Foundation for bringing us into AC and for their continued support.

We love you!

RATJr & TNS

A well deserved day, Russell. Congratulations.

Thanks Ralph. It was unexpected and greatly appreciated.

78 Vette

MadLad,

Here's a pic of the Vette. It's resting in my garage right now.

Name:  78 Vette.jpg
Views: 4926
Size:  23.0 KB

Hey SDF:

I was following Russell around in his 78 Vette with this 79 Cadillac Seville every where we went. Best car I ever had.

Name:  1979_cadillac_seville[2].jpg
Views: 7089
Size:  36.7 KB
    Last edited by goomba; 08-10-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Okay, you guys are killing me here. I always liked that style of Caddy, also.

wow nice Vette Russell!

I'm particularly fond of the 1980 Seville.

Name:  80 Seville.jpg
Views: 4876
Size:  14.4 KB

Ms Flo:

Stop Playing you drove my '79!!!!!

Hi Russ,
    It was nice hanging out with you at the last affair.
    At the old AMERICIAN BANDSTAND building.
    It was great seeing everyone.
    Hope to see you soon.
    CEASAR
    THE
    ORIGINAL
    TYMES

Ceasar,

Same here. See you at the next affair.

I made the jump to continue to follow

Checkin to make sure i made the trasition to the new forum.I still want to keep up with the new stylistics.PHILLY SOUL.Hope all is well with the group.

Hey Larry. All is well. Tory had a great time on vacation in Philly.

Guess its a Chicago thang ; Kdub

Sorry I'm late to the party, ya'll got me tearing up. but the best car I ever owned was :
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Paladin:

What is that a Buick 225 (duce & a quarter)?

GOOMBA

Yep, 1970 225 , although mine was a blue ragtop.......I drove the car until the rims fell off........roof leaked, and exhaust was shot...but I wish I had it today........

Kdub

Nice ride Paladin. You could transport a band in the 225!

Funny you should say that, back in the day, my friends and I had a social club and we used to book bands into several clubs around the city like the Guys and Gals, Green Bunny and Keyman's, I had to pick up several band members from time to time, and the ride certainly came in handy. And the ladies loved it.........which never hurt...........

Russell at the Atlantic City Concert: woo-in the women

Saw you at the Sound of Philadelphia celebration at the Phillies game in Philadelphia on June 18th. What a fantastic performance! Your voice is in amazing shape. Totally loved it.

Hey Paladin if it wasn't a hog or a 225 back in the day me and the girls wasn't ridin! LOL! (Oh how shallow we were.)

Another pic from AC

Yeah Nosey, me and my Electra Deuce & a Quarter accompanied by My Stacy Adams.....

Kdub

Thanks ExGuyParis

KDub,

You know me and the guys don't hit the stage without our Stacey Adams!

Name:  SA.jpg
Views: 4656
Size:  14.1 KB