[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Whenever Diana is near I will go see her perform whether she is singing "I'm Coming Out" or "Bo Bo The Fool". She is history on stage and I want to be there. Its like good wine and cheese and mellow supremacy. I use to do the same thing with performers like Nancy Wilson and Johnny Mathis. Motown revisited with the original voice in velvet and cream and I always feel good. I remember "Evening With Diana Ross" and "Lady Sings" and she brings to the stage an elegance that can not be duplicated. Love her and go see her or watch TV.

I'm sure there are quite a few producers who have enjoyed working with Diana. The fact remains in 1985 the Gibb brothers did not. I myself enjoy a lot of Diana's work, but do not necessarily view her as Miss Reach Out And Touch.

The problem is not with people who you think wear rose colored glasses, the problem is people that like to wallow in mud.

One of the best lines ever Skooldem1. Excellent.

The miserable old goats that wallow in the mud die younger ~ so they get their comeupance in the end.

Yes, there are some that like to wallow. DIANA ROSS is a name that conjures up such strong emotions in folk. Some view her as a sinner, others as a veritable saint. With such contrasting extremes it's no wonder things can get a little.... shall we be polite and say silly.

Like i said,Diana fans love's her,right or wrong,and they will deffend her,to the end,and there's nothing wrong with that,i like Diana,but i'm not a fan,like some,if it's not right[[to me),that's how i feel,no one can change me,hey you guys bring back a review,from Diana's show,at The Hollywood Bowl tomorrw.Please stay positive

Amazing how some people seem so jealous of her ~ the thin Billie Holiday style voice that conveys so much empathy and feelings and who outsells her big voiced colleagues and goes to the movies and get nominated for an Academy Award and brings a million people to Central Park and mentors Michael Jackson. Did we have at least wallower suggest she didn't work hard enough? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Amazing how some people seem so jealous of her ~ the thin Billie Holiday style voice that conveys so much empathy and feelings and who outsells her big voiced colleagues and goes to the movies and get nominated for an Academy Award and brings a million people to Central Park and mentors Michael Jackson. Did we have at least wallower suggest she didn't work hard enough? LOL.
    Everything you've mentioned happened well over 30 years ago. Some of it over 40 years ago. What has she done lately? The interview that started this thread was lame, boring and devoid of anything about her career in the last 20-25 years. She talks about nothing, she wasted the reporters and the readers time. I don't believe most people even know that she is still performing that is how stale her reputation is in 2013.

supremester Guest
    Yes, Girlfriend - I CAN read - and You CAN erase, but you CAN'T erase everything LOL!!! HERE is where you put words in their mouths: Originally Posted by marv2 Jill is not making it up. I've heard the same thing. The Gibb Brothers were shocked at how unprofessional and how unprepared diana ross was when they worked with her in the 80's. It seems all that Motown PR about Diane being such a hard worker or working the hardest was just plain urban myth. That's where, Miss Thing. This thread. I read it yesterday. Happy now? Or are you still telling peeps she's broke, can't get work and you know the director of Hollywood palace that Mary said was a falsehood and you banned the member for telling on you LOL!!! A lie don't care who tell it! Now go back to your trailer park and enjoy the show LOL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Can you actually read? Where do I put "words" in the Gibbs Brothers mouths? Read my post word for word and show me where I quote the Gibbs Bros.? After that experience they could not stand her! That just put them in the category of most normal people that have come into contact with Miss Ross.

If she worked as hard as you seem to believe, then maybe she needed to! Those with true, natural talent would not have to work THAT hard!

Oh and in case you just can't grasp the concept......turning up to a recording session not knowing the lyrics to the songs you were given weeks, months earlier is considered unprofessional in the real World!

supremester Guest
    I don't think of Miss Ross as a sinner nor a Saint - I consider her "spicy" and I love reading weasel's missives about things as trite as Ross' opening song not changing for 30 years. People write in and say they saw different songs, but weasel's keep right on tellin' it like it ain't! LOL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Yes, there are some that like to wallow. DIANA ROSS is a name that conjures up such strong emotions in folk. Some view her as a sinner, others as a veritable saint. With such contrasting extremes it's no wonder things can get a little.... shall we be polite and say silly.

for me, diana ross is a product of h/d/h expert writing and producing skills mixed with her very charismatic look and sound in the mid to late 1960's. how she became an lightning rod for her personality post her h/d/h heyday is beyond me. she was a great pop singer for her brief time with the supremes. she is not a goddess or a devil, fer gawd's sake!

There might possibly be those who have viewed Diana as being a bit of a devil over the years. The eight employees she black listed way back in in 83 were probably not that happy at the time what with mortgages to pay and kids to provide for. On the plus side she appears to have been generous to a lot of people and was always there to tuck her kids up in bed which perhaps more than compensates for any misdemeanours she may have committed over the years. I also think she is a nicer person now.

supremester Guest
    Her life is much easier now, she's not under the thumb of Berry Gordy, nor having to prove herself without him. She's enjoying life on it's own terms and seems to be loving it. My personal experiences have been with an intense, but very loving woman. You raise your kids right - the rest is way way way down on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    There might possibly be those who have viewed Diana as being a bit of a devil over the years. The eight employees she black listed way back in in 83 were probably not that happy at the time what with mortgages to pay and kids to provide for. On the plus side she appears to have been generous to a lot of people and was always there to tuck her kids up in bed which perhaps more than compensates for any misdemeanours she may have committed over the years. I also think she is a nicer person now.

She certainly has proven that she excels as a mother and that is one of the most important and enduring achievements one can accomplish in life. She did a fine job raising five children and that is evident by watching and listening to them on interviews, etc. They seem to be crazy about their mom and have nothing but praise for her.

Everyone has a past and we've all made mistakes in life, and will continue to do so because no one is perfect. They say we mellow out as we get older, and that may be true for some and not for others, but I agree with the poster above that said Ross seems to be in a place in her life where she seems happier and more at ease and good for her! She deserves that just like anybody else.
    Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 08-05-2013 at 10:35 AM.